Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Haval93 @ 08/30/14 09:15 PM
I will say that there has been a huge drop on communication ever since the Elite 11 fiasco. As for Live 15, we have some game play information in regards on how they improved animations, improving visuals, and making the game better with going back to features that made Live 10 a good game.

With that said, I don't agree with their marketing approach ever since Live 13 info or lack of info? Too many hype words and not enough substance for fans and the casual gamer to want to play the game. Yes, the #nothingbutNext might appeal to fanboys, but it won't matter to the average gamer. They can continue to do a thousands open letters if they are content, but it won't help, it will just hurt the series. Stop with the excuses about the lack of development time, broken team, and so on. This is the biggest publisher in the world and average gamers don't want to hear it especially since most of them see EA as a bad company. Most fans around the web are surprised that EA is still making a basketball game and only know about the disasters of the series and none of the fun times that past games like Live 05 brought many gamers.

So what can they do to fix it.

First stop with the open-letters, I know fans likes hearing and seeing developer interactions about the development cycle but if the result is trashing last years game in an effort to promote the next years game, why would anybody be excited? Fans will feel betrayed as they do now and feel that Live 15 will be measured as another beta test for EA. So stop this. If the NBA Live team is so content on talking about improvements, go the NBA Live 10 route, by showing direct video comparisons of the two games so fans can actually see changes rather than take their word for it. I will stay that the two graphic videos they released did this extremely well and got fans and non-fans curious about the game.

Second stop with the humble approach and comparisons to the up and coming teams, it sounds dumb and makes fans weary. Why the in the world would an average gamer want to buy a game from a team of developers who don't sound confident and compare themselves to a losing team or game. You might not have a better game than NBA 2K, but already admitting defeat is horrible and throws fans away from the series. No one wants to spend 60 dollars on a game that is years away. Whoever said this was a good idea needs to re-evaluate this because it's horrible. What triple-A game do you know that does this? Does Uncharted, Halo, or COD tell fans that this years game is a work in the progress for a game that might be great in a couple of years? No, NBA 2K marketing for all their mishaps attacks this point greatly, they keep attention on their current product, not one year or "three years down the line".

Thirdly. This is a summary of my last two points. Stop with the three year plan announcements for dear god. Why would I want to buy year one or two's product when I can just come back next year, you have just lost two potential years of sales. If the game is a three year plan, keep it internal with the team and discuss with yourselves where you guys making the game see it going in the future.

Sorry for the novel but man it seems that I and others have been posting this exact same post since Live 06 on last generation. Before any fan boys attacks my post , I buy both games ever year and have done so for a long time. Myself and the members of OS want the game to succeed and to go back to the glory days. We want two great NBA games to play because everybody wins, both EA and 2K make a good number of sales and the fans get two great games to play.

# 82 La Verite @ 08/30/14 09:17 PM
[quote=shutdown10;2046533773]
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
I mean really? The game comes out October 7th. I'm satisfied with the info I've received. 2k15 hasn't given any info on my player features let alone the The Park. It's so easy to jump on Live now. Where the passion for a screwed up M15 Disconnected Franchise? Such a cliché article to get people to pile on. Be patient and we will see. So sick of this instant generation. It's not like we can play it now anyways. 2k15 advertising bootleg videos of people who can't play the game and we applause that and say "see 2K15 is winning, yeah."

Seriously tho I'm anxious and excited for this game too, no gameplay doesn't mean they failed. I don't get a free 10% discount card from EA or 2k so sigh if u think I work for EA. I'm getting both games anyways.

2 fingers saying peace[/QUOT

Instant generation? I'm not picking on you, but you really should have thought this out before you posted this. We have waited for a solid game from the Live team since 2010. The last solid game from them in my opinion was Live 10. The Elite 11 debacle and cancellation, No Live 12 release, Live 13 cancellation after footage was leaked of poor gameplay, and a subpar next-gen installment in Live 14. If anything supporters have been very patient with them, but their get out of jail free card has run out now.
You know this is all about instant. Graphics was horrible last year so you get that upgrade and it still wasn't enough, for some. Just read that a trailer is coming out anyways, this week. So they still have their plan.

# 83 Ajknowsit @ 08/30/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Isn't the saying, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"..What fool me are we on now?
Lol, very true but we don't need another madden situation, we need live to push 2k. Thats why I hold out hope for live.

# 84 nick_sr @ 08/30/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Supposed fiasco. It didn't lead to the demise of a trailer, a demo, a game or a company. Same goes for this year.

If you guys want to focus on the lies I would start with the features they promised in 14 like hourly synergy, updated songs etc.

This article is just adding to the atmosphere here of bash live at any and every chance.
i'm not a graphics guy so the promised updates were my biggest disappointment from last year. sure hope the tools are tested and ready to go on october 7th.

# 85 WTF @ 08/30/14 09:47 PM
I'm glad to see some civil discussion sans a few comments though.

Regardless of whether or not you buy at release, or you want to see more gameplay footage, I have plans to stream quite a bit for the first week or two after release.

So you all will have plenty of opportunities to see actual gameplay prior to deciding on whether to buy or not.

# 86 The 24th Letter @ 08/30/14 09:52 PM
Quote:
Supposed fiasco. It didn't lead to the demise of a trailer, a demo, a game or a company. Same goes for this year.

If you guys want to focus on the lies I would start with the features they promised in 14 like hourly synergy, updated songs etc.

This article is just adding to the atmosphere here of bash live at any and every chance.

Spamming at this point...

# 87 sega2k @ 08/30/14 10:02 PM
Do you guys think we're getting a sizzle trailer next week similar to the Yakkem trailer. Or do you think we're going to see some 5 vs. 5 gameplay? I personally think they have to show us 5 vs. 5, it's a little too late to be teasing 1-2 min sizzle trailers.

# 88 lakers24 @ 08/30/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Do you guys think we're getting a sizzle trailer next week similar to the Yakkem trailer. Or do you think we're going to see some 5 vs. 5 gameplay? I personally think they have to show us 5 vs. 5, it's a little too late to be teasing 1-2 min sizzle trailers.
Well you're getting a sizzle trailer. They hardly ever release true 5v5 until almost release(both companies). Plus the trailers are to build hype and they definitely need that.
Also, you have last year as an example where they said it would be a 5v5 gameplay vid and it ended up being that trailer with snippets of gameplay from a broadcast view.

# 89 23 @ 08/30/14 10:45 PM
Quote:

...you're definitely working on being banned for calling people liars in the thread.

The rest of you guys, if you keep bringing up 2k the zero tolerance rule is in effect on you. If the thread is temporarily locked, its because we'll be banning some guys who can't stay on the topic after being warned

# 90 bateman11 @ 08/30/14 10:47 PM
You really have to put the competition's marketing into perspective here. This is becoming a more complex scheme of releasing information each and every year for a while now.

We aren't seeing much until the game is about a month from launch, from either company. And let's say the other company doesn't release the yakkem trailer last week.. This post isn't even being discussed.

My theory: Live has been lurking. They didn't want to throw the first punch. So now, after they've had a week to iron out the final kinks of their first major gameplay showing, I expect them to show us the game this week.

That being said, if they don't throw anything at us this coming week I will be a bit worried.

# 91 King_B_Mack @ 08/30/14 10:53 PM
Honestly, I don't care about being hyped up by marketing in the grand scheme of things, especially since EA could definitely be accused of having too much of a hype train in the past. However, going from one extreme to the other isn't exactly ideal.

The point of looking for info and gameplay isn't so much about wanting to be hyped, but it's about seeing the franchise get on track. You can't build trust with the community when you can't stop coming off shady every year.

# 92 blackceasar @ 08/30/14 11:30 PM
Honestly at this point EA has had (for a while now)Three glaring problems when it comes to their NBA Live franchise.

1. A lack of talent. What I mean is a lack of people working on the game capable of actually delivering a game worthy of a 60.00 purchase by today's STANDARDS.

2. Credibility. Actually number 2 is a direct symptom of number 1. When you fail time and time again with NBA live, you resort to all kinds of PR tactics, measured communication strategies and the list goes on. And the most insulting thing about it is that they are trying to sell you lines of BS thinking you as a consumer aren't smart enough to pick up on it. While EA will never full admit they are incapable of delivering an NBA experience worth of 60.00 by today's standards, due to social media, the internet, etc they have no choice but to actually acknowledge some of their shortcomings. They wont full on admit it.. like I said, it's "measured" communication.

3. Competition. Wether you like NBA2k series or not, the truth is they have been consistently putting out a better game for almost 3 system generations now. Im not saying the game is GREAT.. what I am saying it's been consistiently RELATIVELY better than NBA Live's franchise. What I mean is you might think 2k is a 8.5, relatively that puts live around a 4 at best. If you think 2k Is a 5, then Live is more like a 1.5. Right now at least one company clearly and considerably further along in terms of a vision for their NBA franchise, production quality, and flat out talent behind the game. Period.

EA has no one to blame but themselves. If there were no social media, and no competition doing it better (even if better is relatively speaking), you never would have gotten the open letter's apologies, and the promises form EA. They kinda have no choice now due to the fast flow of information on the information super highway. EA with their Live franchise right now is like a really bad bunch of Washington politicians who always dance and dodge around the tough questions until they are in a corner and cannot avoid the spotlight being shined on them.

When EA's Live team starts understanding that today's gamer is a more savy, perceptive and smart kind of gamer maybe they will stop with the BS communications, the underwhelming game selling at full price , etc will stop. EA, right now when it comes to Live, most people aren't buying what you're selling. Literally and figuratively.

# 93 sega2k @ 08/30/14 11:35 PM
Yep..As I said before, Live better make our jaws hit the floor this upcoming week..This trailer can either make or break Live..The ball is in your court EA, make a play...

# 94 Ermolli @ 08/30/14 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
Did ea confirm any thing about a trailer being released this comming week or not?
Live's Twitter account favourited this tweet:

# 95 bumpyface @ 08/31/14 01:15 AM
I don't expect anything spectacular from Live. To be honest, I feel like the video game industry has done exactly what every other industry has done in the past 10 years and that's become incredibly greedy. The number of quality titles released decreases every year. I'm certain that the reason behind this is the big wigs putting the pressure on the developers to get these games out before they are actually shelf ready. I've been gaming since 1985 and it saddens me to see my favorite past time dwindling away. Anyways, while I don't expect much from Live this year, I hope EA proves me wrong.

# 96 Moose Factory @ 08/31/14 02:14 AM
Reminds me of another EA game (NHL 15) that has trickled out arena screen shots... look at how that's shaping up.

# 97 newgeneration11 @ 08/31/14 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Live's Twitter account favourited this tweet:
@EASPORTSNBA trailer next week?
— Lone Wolf (@WITHOUT_APACK) August 30, 2014
looks like Live deleted that tweet bruh.. smh. doubt we get anything this week

# 98 JBulls @ 08/31/14 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration11
looks like Live deleted that tweet bruh.. smh. doubt we get anything this week
EA NBA never tweeted anything, they favorited a tweet. The tweet's still up.

# 99 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/31/14 08:02 AM
Honest question:

What exactly is the difference between what Live has been saying/doing this year in comparison to what they were saying/doing in the last 2-3 years?

# 100 King_B_Mack @ 08/31/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Honest question:

What exactly is the difference between what Live has been saying/doing this year in comparison to what they were saying/doing in the last 2-3 years?
An impressive screenshot and the year. Honestly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.