Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

CVG has posted their WWE 2K15 hands-on impressions and really seemed to enjoy it. Look for it in stores on October 28th (October 31st Internationally) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Quote:
Now being on the receiving end of an opponent's signature move, such as Cena's five knuckle shuffle (I know) leaves you in grave danger of immediate defeat. Wounded, knackered grapplers struggle back to a standing position, even using the ropes to help themselves up when appropriate. But equally, if you can reverse an opponent's signature or finisher, momentum swings back heavily in your direction.

As a result, the stakes are high like never before when either player tries to end the match with one big move - miss it, and you can instantly turn glorious victory into crushing defeat.

My opponent and I learn this in the most agonising, enthralling manner, as Attitude Adjustments are blocked and reversed into RKOs, and then back again, at least half a dozen times. At one point, Cena finally hit his 'AA' and all looks lost... only for me to kick out at a count of two and 99/100ths. We both leap out of our seats in such sweary astonishment that the event photographer hurries over, hoping for a repeat performance.

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 09/02/14 09:20 AM
Well sounds good thus far. Let's just hope there isn't a counter fest which wrecks the whole game.

# 2 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 09/02/14 11:23 AM
i hope they changed the reverse system up a bit. all those reversals were so annoying. is this doa or wwe lol.

# 3 AceFan84 @ 09/02/14 12:41 PM
I hope it's much harder to counter than it has been in the recent past, it really can break the game and suck almost all the fun out of it if countering is too easy.

# 4 woody2goody @ 09/02/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
I hope it's much harder to counter than it has been in the recent past, it really can break the game and suck almost all the fun out of it if countering is too easy.
There were sliders in the other games though, so hopefully they will still be in this one. Knowing 2k it's likely.

# 5 Reed1417 @ 09/02/14 04:19 PM
Great article. Man I want some new info and/or gameplay already!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 6 AceFan84 @ 09/02/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
There were sliders in the other games though, so hopefully they will still be in this one. Knowing 2k it's likely.
Yeah but for me even when I changed the slider settings countering was still borderline too easy. I just hope it isn't the same this time around.

# 7 Gramps91 @ 09/02/14 09:01 PM
With so many changes I'm still skeptical about a lot of things. Hoping for some on screen gameplay soon. Hoping for a demo this year as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.