Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports announced yesterday that Kevin Durant will be 1 of 4 current NBA players with an overall rating above 90, in their new rating system. He will have an overall 95 rating.

Which players deserve the other 3 spots?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bearsfan1 @ 09/03/14 04:39 PM
Lebron, Durant, Melo, Love

# 82 RocketTMac1 @ 09/03/14 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Kevin Durant. Lebron. CP. Carmelo.

No more 2 90s on one team. K Love gonna be 88 89 at best.
Same with Westbrook. As it should be...

These are the only 4 players whose skill set deserves a 90...

Even Carmelo is pushing it, but I can't think of anybody else...

Sidenote. I see people talking about Carmelo's defense but defensive rebounding is apart of defense.
Carmelo creates new offensive possessions by grabbing rebounds...It's not always about blocks and steals. You have to secure the ball to be able to go play offense, lol...He may not be the best one on one defender and he may not even try that hard, lol but for somebody who carries so much offensive usage...you can only expect him to have so much energy...ALA Kevin Durant...He's not an elite defender by any means...But his scoring supplements that. Same with Carmelo.
I think two 90's on a team has OKC written all over it. They are basically KD, Westbrook, Ibaka or bust. Having Russ and KD be in the 90s would be the only reason that team would be rated high.

# 83 sticks323 @ 09/03/14 05:03 PM
Derrick Rose can't be a 90, Kobe can't be a 90. They are coming off Injury. Paul George is hurt so he won't be a 90. Anthony Davis is good but not better than Blake Griffin or Kevin Love. The other 2 players aside from LeBron and Durant will be Love and Griffin.

# 84 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/03/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
After playoff performance I will throw in Dwight Howard with his drastically improved post game and ft shooting . At least one big man need to be represented. He is already a 91 in 2k14 I think
Good point. Howard was not the reason they lost to Portland.

If the Overall rating was like a movie rating then I would say nobody but Durant and James should be in the 90s with Durant as a 95. Since its not a movie rating and it is a rating based on a bunch of other weighted ratings I really dont care who else it is.

# 85 turty11 @ 09/03/14 05:13 PM
dmann, you gonna stop trolling so serious discussion can be had in here?

dwight SHOULD be a 90, but with only 4 players being 90s i dont expect it to be him.

# 86 Indiana Trece @ 09/03/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann1oo
Paul george isnt a top fifteen nba player this dude is so overated doesnt make sense no team gameplans for paul george everyteam game plans how to stop melo
...and Paul George is the guy you put on Melo all game while also leading his team in scoring. I don't see how you can say he is not top 15. I will understand if he is rated lower due to his injury this year, though.

I think Melo and CP3 will probably be the other two 90s.

# 87 Blackhail92 @ 09/03/14 05:16 PM
Since we all know Lebron is 1 and cp3 is also basically locked in. That leaves one more spot.In my opinion it has to be melo at a 92 or 93. He had 27 8 and 3 and was the only player to do this since Shaq in 03.(and melo is a sf not a center so this is pretty good) also shot 40 percent from 3. He also was better last year in his assists, Rebs, steals and blocks than his previous "mvp caliber" year. Idk how the new rating system is, but averaging 8.1 boards as a sf should help his OVR.and that melo doesn't play defense myth is hilarious because this year by the numbers he held his opponents to lower fg percenatage in pick and roll, isolation, and total opponent fg percentage compared to all nba first defense lebron. Not saying he is a better or even close defender as Lebron but give the guy come credit. Also cp3 if he is over 90, should be A 93

# 88 RocketTMac1 @ 09/03/14 05:18 PM
I'm trying to understand why people think Melo is a 90's rating player when Harden clearly isn't..........

Melo is mainly an offensive player who has moments on defense. While PG13 is an all around guy who can do what Melo does.

# 89 Blackhail92 @ 09/03/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
I'm trying to understand why people think Melo is a 90's rating player when Harden clearly isn't..........

Melo is mainly an offensive player who has moments on defense. While PG13 is an all around guy who can do what Melo does.
Melo has been doing his thing for a long time. PG and harden both haven't been consistent long enough To be on Melos level. PG started off the year shooting 47 and somehow ended up wit the same fg percentage as JR smith. He isn't even close to consistent on offense and had a down year in every category except points, 3s and and free throws. Pg cannot carry a team.at allll. And as for harden. He is a product of the nba. He shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws and still shoots 45 percent. Doesn't make any sense. He also contrary to assist stats is a ball stopper. Both are good young players but neither are on Melos level and I gurantee if you ask any top player they will tell you the same

# 90 Danbo80 @ 09/03/14 05:27 PM
I'm a Knick fan and Watch Melo every game. I think some people are underating just how good of a offensive player he is. His biggest drawback is shot selection, not offensive talent.
Ratings should be based off of talent. Tendencies should dictate how they play.

In my opinion that would make Melo a 90.

# 91 RocketTMac1 @ 09/03/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
Melo has been doing his thing for a long time. PG and harden both haven't been consistent long enough To be on Melos level. PG started off the year shooting 47 and somehow ended up wit the same fg percentage as JR smith. He isn't even close to consistent on offense and had a down year in every category except points, 3s and and free throws. Pg cannot carry a team.at allll. And as for harden. He is a product of the nba. He shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws and still shoots 45 percent. Doesn't make any sense. He also contrary to assist stats is a ball stopper. Both are good young players but neither are on Melos level and I gurantee if you ask any top player they will tell you the same
..............all you said was offense things. Which shows that Melo is just that. PG is a better all around player. And that is what dictates ratings. KD improved defense and is an offensive beast, LBJ is LBJ, CP3 is a do it all point guard, PG is arguably the third best SF. Is Melo a better offensive threat? Yup. But not a better overall player than PG. Once Melo plays D on a consistent level then he will be acknowledge as a true top all around player like LBJ and KD. Right now he isn't that.

# 92 Blackhail92 @ 09/03/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
..............all you said was offense things. Which shows that Melo is just that. PG is a better all around player. And that is what dictates ratings. KD improved defense and is an offensive beast, LBJ is LBJ, CP3 is a do it all point guard, PG is arguably the third best SF. Is Melo a better offensive threat? Yup. But not a better overall player than PG. Once Melo plays D on a consistent level then he will be acknowledge as a true top all around player like LBJ and KD. Right now he isn't that.
read my statement above about melos defense compared to lebrons statistically this year. He also had more blocks than bron and PG. seems pretty consistent to me. Melo points(by a lot), rebs(is shorter), fg percentage, 3 point fg percentage and blocks. PG steals, free throw. Melo>> PG.

# 93 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/03/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Durant, LeBron, CP3, and it should be someone like Anthony Davis or even D-Rose after seeing how good he looks in FIBA play, but the last will probably be Melo even though he's not much of a defensive player.

You must not be watching the same game as the rest of us because D-Rose is playing horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 94 RocketTMac1 @ 09/03/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
read my statement above about melos defense compared to lebrons statistically this year. He also had more blocks than bron and PG. seems pretty consistent to me. Melo points(by a lot), rebs(is shorter), fg percentage, 3 point fg percentage and blocks. PG steals, free throw. Melo>> PG.
Numbers do lie sometimes. I could look up Melo's defensive stats in terms of blocks compared to a known defensive guy in the past like Bruce Bowen and Melo would probably have better looking stats. Or even a Shane Battier.

# 95 RocketTMac1 @ 09/03/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
You must not be watching the same game as the rest of us because D-Rose is playing horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In terms of movement and confidence in his knee D.Rose looks great. No one (atleast not me) is expecting him to look like the D.Rose of old in terms of offense until around Christmas

# 96 justanotherguy @ 09/03/14 05:57 PM
I feel like they've created their own set of tiers in order to rate the players properly.

(95+) Basically the MVP tier, the best players that you would desperately throw a max contract knowing that you're officially a contender now that you have a acquired this player. The true Alpha Dogs. (Lebron and Durant).

(90-94) Players that you would also give a max contract, but you know full well that you need a complementary piece or a specific system in order to contend with this player. You have to turn them into Alpha Dogs. (CP3, D12, Melo, Westbrook, and maybe PG13).

(85-89) Perennial Allstars. If your desperate you'll throw a max contract at these guys, but other wise I see them acting as the Beta Dog to an Alpha if you have one. This tier could also include potential superstars that are still developing. (Curry, Davis, Griffin, Love, Wall, Harden and a few others that I know I missed).

(79-84) Potential Allstars/Above Average Starters. The guys that you place around your Alpha and Beta Dogs to solidify yourself as a contender. That third piece to put it all together. On their own they can put up great numbers, but it doesn't translate to wins. They might be the players to make one or two Allstar teams in their career. (Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins (He might move up though), Jrue Holiday, Andre Igoudala).

(70-78) Quality Starters/ 6th Man. The rotations guys you pick up to fill your out roster. Hopefully on reasonable contracts. This is where I see most of the vets landing. (Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Ray Allen, Vince Carter)

(60-69) Rotation guys and Rookies. The players you fill out the rest of your bench with or fill specific roles.

(59 and under) One dimensional players signed for one specific purpose. (Steve Novak...)

There's still a few gray areas that I'm still thinking about though...

# 97 49UNCFan @ 09/03/14 05:58 PM
LBJ, Cp3, Dwight or Melo or Westbrook

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 98 MarvellousOne @ 09/03/14 06:34 PM
Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. It's very hard to not include Dwight Howard in the 90's category, you might be able to make some case that may take him to the 88-89 range but you will still have a hard sell because of what he is capable of doing on both sides of the court, especially on the defensive end.

# 99 2_headedmonster @ 09/03/14 06:42 PM
im in houston, and i give harden an 85 and howard an 86 in my edits

# 100 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/03/14 06:43 PM
Top 4 90s:

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.