Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports announced yesterday that Kevin Durant will be 1 of 4 current NBA players with an overall rating above 90, in their new rating system. He will have an overall 95 rating.

Which players deserve the other 3 spots?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MindPowerOverU @ 09/03/14 06:44 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. Derick Rose

# 102 emelki1968 @ 09/03/14 06:46 PM
After reading the comments, I realize that a lot of people just go for the flashy or the most "advertised" players, instead of just go to their abilities (offense and defense). Harden? All the defensive abilities should take him to 85! and almost the same for Carmelo. Westbrook? All the mental abilities should be at 25, besides he is not reliable with his shooting.
No 99's beside Jordan?...And Wilt, Bill, Abdul-Jabbar, Bird and Magic.
KD 96
Lebron 95
Duncan 90 (Yes, because nobody can do good numbers in front of him, and he makes his teammates better than any player in the league).
It is just my opinion, remember that this is just the game we love.

# 103 emelki1968 @ 09/03/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy
I feel like they've created their own set of tiers in order to rate the players properly.

(95+) Basically the MVP tier, the best players that you would desperately throw a max contract knowing that you're officially a contender now that you have a acquired this player. The true Alpha Dogs. (Lebron and Durant).

(90-94) Players that you would also give a max contract, but you know full well that you need a complementary piece or a specific system in order to contend with this player. You have to turn them into Alpha Dogs. (CP3, D12, Melo, Westbrook, and maybe PG13).

(85-89) Perennial Allstars. If your desperate you'll throw a max contract at these guys, but other wise I see them acting as the Beta Dog to an Alpha if you have one. This tier could also include potential superstars that are still developing. (Curry, Davis, Griffin, Love, Wall, Harden and a few others that I know I missed).

(79-84) Potential Allstars/Above Average Starters. The guys that you place around your Alpha and Beta Dogs to solidify yourself as a contender. That third piece to put it all together. On their own they can put up great numbers, but it doesn't translate to wins. They might be the players to make one or two Allstar teams in their career. (Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins (He might move up though), Jrue Holiday, Andre Igoudala).

(70-78) Quality Starters/ 6th Man. The rotations guys you pick up to fill out roster. Hopefully on reasonable contracts. This is where I see most of the vets landing. (Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Ray Allen, Vince Carter)

(60-69) Rotation guys and Rookies. The players you fill out the rest of your bench with or fill specific roles.

(59 and under) One dimensional players signed for one specific purpose. (Steve Novak...)

There's still a few gray areas that I'm still thinking about though...
Let me get a good laugh about including Pau Gasol in your "Quality Starters/6th man". I am so tired of his bad press, everybody with his image of "soft". He has been an All-Star for several years. He still can put 18points and 10 rebounds (like he did while he was playing last year when he was healthy with the Lakers). Also, everybody should watch the Basketball World championship happening right now in Spain. He still shows you that besides Nowitzki, he is the best international player.
Great list and very good job!

# 104 Real2KInsider @ 09/03/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I don't believe the "2K Insider" ever existed. I think it was a gimmick they ran with or a group of individuals that didn't pay close attention to the non - stars of the league.
I have "insider" knowledge that this was not the case.

Quote:
Happy we have a former member of the community on hand to help alleviate the long standing issues with the default roster. Too bad Rashidi was so abrasive and "know - it - all" with his roster sets and towards the developers or he could have gotten the job a while ago. Or he could been working in conjunction with Beds on the default roster. Oh well.......
While the details will come another day, the opportunity was there.

# 105 newgeneration11 @ 09/03/14 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Let me get a good laugh about including Pau Gasol in your "Quality Starters/6th man". I am so tired of his bad press, everybody with his image of "soft". He has been an All-Star for several years. He still can put 18points and 10 rebounds (like he did while he was playing last year when he was healthy with the Lakers). Also, everybody should watch the Basketball World championship happening right now in Spain. He still shows you that besides Nowitzki, he is the best international player.
Pau always plays well in world play. But he gets bullied in NBA play. he's not a post scoring threat in the NBA anymore - he gets pushed out of good post position; and bullied into flailing off balance low % shots in the post. Die hard Laker fan here..
People say he hasn't gotten enough touches in the post in recent years, and that's absolutely true. But, when he does go in the post - he's barely effective as a scorer there anymore.He shot 42% in the post last year.(according to Synergy Sports)
He's still a great passer, tho. And he'll get a team a horrible team in need of scoring 18ppg off of a handful of 18ft jumpers, a putback, a FT trip, and only a couple post scores.. He score 18ppg with a contending team, tho..

# 106 barond57 @ 09/03/14 07:15 PM
i really hope they keep up on all teams, not just the top 10. Most of the jumpshots on the bucks were way off and the ratings were even worse.

# 107 Scramz718 @ 09/03/14 07:33 PM
They have to be using the same scale to rate player at the same Pos. Seeing that KD is a 95 Melo should defiantly be at lease a 90. KD is the better player of the two, but how much better KD really is?

Melo stats
MPG 38.7, FG% 45% 3FG% 40%, RPG 8, APG 3, STL 1.2BLK 0.7, TO 2, PPG 27.

KD stats
MPG 38.5, FG% 50, 3FG% 39, RPG 7, APG 5, STL 1.3, BLK 0.7, TO 3, PPG 32.

Melo numbers are not that far off. Melo should defiantly get that 90 rating.

I know, how about defense?
Neither of the two are very good defenders. Melo is the better post defender. KD is the better OBD. Both are avg help defenders. Melo also is a better rebounder. He's actually the best rebounder at his position.

The 4 90+ players should be LBJ, KD, CP3 and Melo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 108 CWSapp757 @ 09/03/14 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I guess you are talking MyLeague?

One of the devs said they ran a simulation out to I think 8 seasons or so. The number of 90+rated players in the league was the same as this year. That is all I needed to hear. I think you have the ability to adjust the draft class potential before it happens. Like once in a generation type class or average basically you can control it all.
Yes that is what I am referring to. And while I understand your point and hear what the developer is saying, a ridiculous amount of 80+ rated players can be just as troublesome as 90+ rated players.

In addition, I am not at all worried about draft classes as me, dreece, blindside and ronyell do our own. It is the rookies and other young players already in the NBA that are often times given high potential ratings.

Realistically, many players get drafted and simply dont get better. I know in the big picture you are just "guessing" but too many young players are given the benefit of the doubt in my opinion which lead to inflated overalls in the first few years.

# 109 kolanji @ 09/03/14 07:43 PM
  • Lebron James
  • Chris Paul
  • Derick Rose

# 110 justanotherguy @ 09/03/14 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Thank you, although I just want to point out that where I placed Pau isn't a knock against him. It's probably how he's going to be rated. I highly doubt his rating is going to go up from what is was in 2k14. In fact, his overall may not do him any justice from this point forward, but I'm sure he'll have all the right attributes to remain the productive player that he is in 2k15.

# 111 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/03/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
In terms of movement and confidence in his knee D.Rose looks great. No one (atleast not me) is expecting him to look like the D.Rose of old in terms of offense until around Christmas

He did last time too.. Bottom line is he doesn't deserve a 90+ at all because he hasn't played enough in the past two years to know how good of a player he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 112 YungGun @ 09/03/14 08:02 PM
LBJ, Russ, and Melo

# 113 Gramps91 @ 09/03/14 08:05 PM
LBJ, Harden, and Melo

# 114 nigel36r @ 09/03/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Durant, LeBron, CP3, and it should be someone like Anthony Davis or even D-Rose after seeing how good he looks in FIBA play, but the last will probably be Melo even though he's not much of a defensive player.
Rose has looked terrible in fiba play lmao. Even if you don't think he has been terrible you can't seriously watch the games and think he deserves a 90 rating. After sitting out for so long and playing poorly when he has had a chance to he'll be lucky to see 84

# 115 jpshua15 @ 09/03/14 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel36r
Rose has looked terrible in fiba play lmao. Even if you don't think he has been terrible you can't seriously watch the games and think he deserves a 90 rating. After sitting out for so long and playing poorly when he has had a chance to he'll be lucky to see 84
He's just shaking off the rust. He'll be fine. I say an 87 for rose to start

# 116 Blackhail92 @ 09/03/14 11:28 PM
Thinking about it now I don't see them
Putting 2 out of the 4 90 plus players on the same
Team. Cp3 is the 3rd obviously. Just a guess though. So that eliminates westbrook. That leaves Dwight or melo. I say melo. Plus they never said there aren't any 90 players. They said 90 plus is only four. Which is me being optimistic or I think
There will be a lot of 87-89 type players.

# 117 Campbell282 @ 09/03/14 11:35 PM
CP3 and LBJ is for sure, the 4th guy is a toss up tho. Melo, Love, Dwight, PG13, with 2K Kobe could be.

# 118 TeamHawkins @ 09/04/14 12:33 AM
Lebron James, Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony.

# 119 Boilerbuzz @ 09/04/14 12:54 AM
Cover guy or not, KD is no 95. Sorry. The day he locks it down defensively, or develops a big time post game like MJ/Kobe/Magic, then he can be a 95. GTFO

# 120 Chocolate Chip @ 09/04/14 02:26 AM
LeBron
KD
CP3
Blake Griffin

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.