Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 finally showed itself in real action yesterday, as well as debuting its list of features. With about a month to go until release, the hearts and minds aspect of EA's PR campaign has only saw vieled letters of promises released up to this point, giving gamers little to be excited about with this year's title.

But now? Now we have some concrete info, and here are our thoughts on it.

Read More - NBA Live 15: Trailer and Features List Reaction (Roundtable)

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 09/03/14 11:49 AM
Well it has my interest at least. It doesn't have to be as good as 2k, it just has to be good and do things better in areas where 2k does poorly to set it apart. This does look like a big step compared to last year however gameplay will tell all like it always does.

# 2 @marcusjiles @ 09/03/14 11:55 AM
I have quite the sneaky suspicion that this will be the only real video we will get. The Live team has been so tight lipped on anything while I'll point to that early demo in a moment, I dont even know if that's still happening. They probably dont either. BUT, IF that early demo is coming... earlier than normal, I dont think they'd put together a 5v5 gameplay video/trailer/whatever. Even this was 50 seconds.

I have had zero reason to trust that they will give us such video, and I think they'll do gameplay looks in the way of blogs. Isolated dribbling in a practice setting. How two players interact w/ each other. They still have NBA Live 14 on there website, and are playing with that game which is odd. But for as much as they're telling you the gameplay is better, I havent heard "fixed" and if that's the main thing you worked on (no additional features really) then it better great. The fact they've been so tight-lipped would speak to it not being so.

# 3 23 @ 09/03/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Well it has my interest at least. It doesn't have to be as good as 2k, it just has to be good and do things better in areas where 2k does poorly to set it apart. This does look like a big step compared to last year however gameplay will tell all like it always does.
Why would you accept this game not being the best it can be?

I don't understand this logic one bit. It's like a cop out. They need to be pushed to raise the standard as well as any other game out there.

# 4 NoTiCe_O @ 09/03/14 12:03 PM
Well Sean O'Brien did say the Lag online is Gone, like.. Gone. Non-Existent. So that should be a differentiating Factor that should Lead to More Fun and Competitiveness in the Series.
I'm all for the Online, if the Gameplay is Balanced and Fun, with No Exploits ruining the experience then I See myself playing this Game all Year. Plus, I've never played Ultimate Team but I'm all for some Fantasy Basketball and Card Pulling. Which eventually leads to Taking those Cards/Team online, I'm All for it.

# 5 champsbasketball @ 09/03/14 12:05 PM
I really liked what I seen in the trailer, we will be getting that new gen look. The main part that is left is 5on5 gameplay Ps4.

# 6 Bowinkle08 @ 09/03/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Well Sean O'Brien did say the Lag online is Gone, like.. Gone. Non-Existent. So that should be a differentiating Factor that should Lead to More Fun and Competitiveness in the Series.
I'm all for the Online, if the Gameplay is Balanced and Fun, with No Exploits ruining the experience then I See myself playing this Game all Year. Plus, I've never played Ultimate Team but I'm all for some Fantasy Basketball and Card Pulling. Which eventually leads to Taking those Cards/Team online, I'm All for it.
lag can never be gone completely. its probably just very minimal that its not noticed.
the trailer looked good. some dunks and animations looked stiff but that can be tweaked. graphics looked on point.

# 7 bestout51683 @ 09/03/14 12:10 PM
Live 14 trailer looked just as good so this trailer means nothing.

# 8 clipperfan811 @ 09/03/14 12:29 PM
23 I think what snc237 is getting at is that he understands we can't expect Live to be as good as 2k on all fronts (gameplay, graphics, depth modes etc) but if it gets something like the flow of offense right or a better balance between smooth animation and user control with rock solid online play, the game can create a niche for itself this year and a foundation to build on in the future.

# 9 NoTiCe_O @ 09/03/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
lag can never be gone completely. its probably just very minimal that its not noticed.
the trailer looked good. some dunks and animations looked stiff but that can be tweaked. graphics looked on point.
Well little to none is cool w/ Me. Minimal even.

# 10 lakers24 @ 09/03/14 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestout51683
Live 14 trailer looked just as good so this trailer means nothing.
That's straight bull. That 14 trailer was TERRIBLE so please don't spout that crap. This looks like night and day compared to that.

# 11 RipCityAndy @ 09/03/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Well little to none is cool w/ Me. Minimal even.
No kidding... that lag was unbearable. Even if it's pared down to something minimal, I'm OK.

# 12 NoTiCe_O @ 09/03/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
No kidding... that lag was unbearable. Even if it's pared down to something minimal, I'm OK.
Be Great. See how the Gameplay actually turns out. Hoping it's Good.

# 13 _Fernando @ 09/03/14 01:16 PM
I'm going to ask about Dynasty.

What would you like to see added?

# 14 NoTiCe_O @ 09/03/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE_Fernando

An Online Version.. Mainly Skill Training and Development, Rookie Scouting with Skill Training, Weekly Recaps, Pricing, Relocation, 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter Sim Type thing where you can decide when to Jump in. Trophy Room.

Not Really a Dynasty Player but those are some of the things I've Enjoyed over the Years. Online Capability is biggest for me I Like the Real Competition.

# 15 _Fernando @ 09/03/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
An Online Version.. Mainly Skill Training and Development, Rookie Scouting with Skill Training, Weekly Recaps, Pricing, Relocation, 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter Sim Type thing where you can decide when to Jump in. Trophy Room.

Not Really a Dynasty Player but those are some of the things I've Enjoyed over the Years. Online Capability is biggest for me I Like the Real Competition.
Nice. Definitely see some ideas we've been kicking around here.

What do you mean by 'Rookie Scouting with Skill training'?

# 16 lakers24 @ 09/03/14 01:28 PM
Quote:

I really don't like doing this, but it's definitely something I feel could be used by this team as well so I'll just give you the link to my thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html

The miscellaneous things can mostly be bypassed(though I'd like to see award ceremonies and tickers since this would be essential to FA). Pretty much everything else is what I think could take it to the next level.

# 17 asu666 @ 09/03/14 01:29 PM
"For me, I wanted to see a renewed focus on offline franchise mode somewhere in there and I didn't get that."

That's the one area I'd like to see more focus on too. The rest of the game looks great so far.

# 18 _Fernando @ 09/03/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I really don't like doing this, but it's definitely something I feel could be used by this team as well so I'll just give you the link to my thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html

The miscellaneous things can mostly be bypassed(though I'd like to see award ceremonies and tickers since this would be essential to FA). Pretty much everything else is what I think could take it to the next level.
Nice write up!

Definitely a tall order in there and some of things can't currently be done. But, as a fan of basketball gaming, I definitely like the points you're making.

# 19 lakers24 @ 09/03/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Nice write up!

Definitely a tall order in there and some of things can't currently be done. But, as a fan of basketball gaming, I definitely like the points you're making.
I figured some things may be difficult, but we have to always try to push the limits for what can be accomplished. A lot is definitely attainable though, and there's a few things I didn't include that I know should be in like 3-team trades and stretch provisions.

# 20 NoTiCe_O @ 09/03/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Nice. Definitely see some ideas we've been kicking around here.

What do you mean by 'Rookie Scouting with Skill training'?
Hmm How can I explain it...

Basically, just using the Learn Live Drills to analyze Rookie Skill, Athleticism, and mainly get a quick synopsis of what you're trying to add to your team. For instance, I been watchin' a guard from Georgetown and I think he has the Passing Skills Necessary to take us to the Next echelon. I bring him in the Fast Break drill to get a Feel for his skills in passing and then I decide if I want him on my team or not..

Edit: As far as playing.. I like it if it's online, if not I get bored with it and eventually play competitive matches until my thumbs get tired or I get Sick of showing my opponents how it's Done... I Joke.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.