Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers. The game will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Based off of early feedback, there is no player edit mode, create a player is in. Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 max452 @ 09/04/14 06:08 AM
I want to know if the graphics is more crisp and detailed in final release, thx !

# 2 CRIXUS81 @ 09/04/14 06:34 AM
I love it so far! Downloaded the game at midnight and I'm pretty sure I have already burned through 3 hours Played a few 'Play Now' games and I noticed that the ice tilt/insane scoring from the demo is gone. I was ending demo games with scores like 3-5, I was worried I'd end up having high scoring games like 12-9 once I started playing in longer than 2 min periods but thats not the case. So far the games have been an average of 3-4 goals in 5min periods.

Decided to say what the heck, with the lack of EASHL I figured I'd mess around with HUT and on my very first pack (not the starter) I pulled Gabriel Landeskog, I was like WOW!!! I'm glad that the HUT menus are simple, I was worried EA would get carried away with the flashiness kinda like Madden FUT. On my quick HUT game that I played vs the CPU Landeskog scored 2 goals, one while he was on his knees, so yeah I am stoked for the 9th.

Quick question: I had the game preordered on Amazon but decided to cancel because UPS usually doesn't deliver anything in my place till 6pm and figured the Xbox one pre download would be way more convenient. How does it work when it comes to EA Access? Do I still need to download the pre download, or can I just use the current game I just downloaded this evening? I know after my 6hrs are up I'll get a message saying my time is up and go buy the game. But if I preorder the game will I just be able to boot up the current game I have now on the 9th?

# 3 Glenn33 @ 09/04/14 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIXUS81

Quick question: I had the game preordered on Amazon but decided to cancel because UPS usually doesn't deliver anything in my place till 6pm and figured the Xbox one pre download would be way more convenient. How does it work when it comes to EA Access? Do I still need to download the pre download, or can I just use the current game I just downloaded this evening? I know after my 6hrs are up I'll get a message saying my time is up and go buy the game. But if I preorder the game will I just be able to boot up the current game I have now on the 9th?

You should be able to boot up the current game you have now [on the 9th].

# 4 Buddywalker @ 09/04/14 07:01 AM
You can't replay highlight videos. No goals, nothing. Sad news to me.

# 5 Yzerman101 @ 09/04/14 07:08 AM
Question Edit player is gone ,if you change a goalie between two teams what team colour is it on the equipment?in other versions you have to Edit the colours to the new team.

# 6 Taku @ 09/04/14 07:15 AM
Is adjustable custom camera still in the game?

# 7 Sauce12 @ 09/04/14 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerman101
Question Edit player is gone ,if you change a goalie between two teams what team colour is it on the equipment?in other versions you have to Edit the colours to the new team.
Player editing is gone? Wow, EA, this is really ****ed up...

# 8 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 07:22 AM
K whoa wait.... you cant view replays or edit players? is this for real?

# 9 Anoir @ 09/04/14 07:26 AM
No editing players?? No replays??

What the f...

Can someone please, PLEASE confirm can you not edit players at all or what?

That's just messed up.. seriously.

This game is basically nothing but HUT now is it? NHL 15 (For people who like HUT only)

# 10 Sauce12 @ 09/04/14 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir
No editing players?? No replays??

What the f...

Can someone please, PLEASE confirm can you not edit players at all or what?

That's just messed up.. seriously.

This game is basically nothing but HUT now is it? NHL 15 (For people who like HUT only)
A mod on the EA forum confirmed that player editing is out. I've never wanted to hop on the EA bashing train, but seriously EA, you are a joke!

# 11 chimp82x @ 09/04/14 07:37 AM
What about create-a-player?

# 12 Sauce12 @ 09/04/14 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp82x
What about create-a-player?
Still in. But I just can't believe it. What the **** is wrong with these guys? I'm getting a feeling that the NHL series is laying on its deathbed. Never seen a game as half-assed as this.

# 13 lockjaw333 @ 09/04/14 07:55 AM
Started the download this morning before work, and it let me play at about 30%. It drops you into the Stanley Cup matchup...Rangers v. Kings, but with the rosters they had in the finals and 5 minute periods. I can confirm there is no change to the resolution, its identical to the demo (i.e. probably 720p). After I finished the match the game had downloaded enough where all the menu options were visible. It has Play Now, HUT, Be a Pro, Be a GM and NHL moments. I felt like I took a time machine back to 2008. I also didn't see any way to view replays while in game, but I only checked quickly.

# 14 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:10 AM
instant replay is there I just hit pause and its the 3rd option down. also my hype meter was at about 0 for this game but its actually alot better than I thought. plays better than the demo to me. alot of intercepted passes.

# 15 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:13 AM
no slider adjustments or anything and im having alot of errant passes. I also just had the cpu clear the puck up the boards from behind the net and it was beautiful. looked perfect.

# 16 Stobzilla @ 09/04/14 08:14 AM
Are there any first hand impressions with BeAGM ? I have been flip flopping on whether or not to invest the £40 it is going to take to get this. If BeAGM is disappointing then I may have to pass.

# 17 jake19ny @ 09/04/14 08:16 AM
Cannot edit players is unacceptable. eA never has the right goalie gear on its goalies and I for one always enjoy editing the goalies.
Can anyone confirm fir sure no offline season mode?

# 18 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:20 AM
mine is stll downliading so im just in the kings rangers game. thats all I can play I will see if I can check some stuff out for you after this game. I didnt spend a lot of time with the demo but the commentary seems more active in the access version.

# 19 SCB1990 @ 09/04/14 08:20 AM
Replays better be in.

# 20 Penaltybox4ever @ 09/04/14 08:21 AM
How about create-a-team? If in, same as previous years?

« Previous1234567892021Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.