Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers. The game will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Based off of early feedback, there is no player edit mode, create a player is in. Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigwill33 @ 09/04/14 08:24 AM
Wow. Just wow. What sports game doesn't have the ability to edit players AND view a simple replay... In 2014 no less??!!

We were all worried about modes being missed and what not and they go and leave out even more than we could have imagined.

No wonder they didn't want anyone showing this game and weren't rushing to talk about themselves, there was hardly anything to show or say!

I can't justify this as a $60 purchase, I just cannot. It's the principle now. If I give them my money for this effort then what am I saying is acceptable as a consumer? The only way to truly be heard is with my wallet and I would only feel like I am contributing to the problems if I was careless and spent my money on a full priced, stripped down, bare bones, excuse for a next gen hockey game.

Everyone can do as they see fit, but this really solidifies things from my perspective. I never thought I could see the day where NHL isn't a day one purchase for me, but here we are. Someone(s) needs to be held accountable for this mess! This is pretty much inexcusable now.

My 2 cents.

# 22 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:28 AM
instant replay is in. im watching a replay right now.

# 23 Steve_OS @ 09/04/14 08:31 AM
Yes, instant replay is in. Seems people that play the game before it is fully downloaded don't see instant replay until it has completely finished the process.

# 24 csamuelsvt @ 09/04/14 08:31 AM
so Instant replays are indeed IN the game correct? Can someone confirm this?

Also, any difference between the demo and full game besides the obvious e.g. can make longer periods and mess around with sliders.

# 25 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:31 AM
I see no offline season anywhere for the guy who was asking.

# 26 jbd345 @ 09/04/14 08:32 AM
What arena's were left out?

# 27 jhamlin1971 @ 09/04/14 08:32 AM
I enjoyed the demo and was looking forward to the release. After seeing some of these comments, I might change my mind.

Biggest thing for me, did they include the option to customize in-game music (import mp3s etc)? I fear that with the next gen versions that this is going to be left out for some reason. I don't know if its some type of hardware limitation or what.

# 28 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:33 AM
ive confirmed repkays are in twice now lol. im only at 14 percent and they are there. pause menu 3rd option down.

# 29 bigwill33 @ 09/04/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamlin1971
I enjoyed the demo and was looking forward to the release. After seeing some of these comments, I might change my mind.

Biggest thing for me, did they include the option to customize in-game music (import mp3s etc)? I fear that with the next gen versions that this is going to be left out for some reason. I don't know if its some type of hardware limitation or what.
That was confirmed to be OUT some time ago. With no plans or ability to patch it in this year.

# 30 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:35 AM
Quote:

I see no option for custom music. I know ps4 cant even play mp3s so its a def no for ps4. I dont think xbox one can accomodate that yet either. could be wrong about xbox though. I use my ps4 way more than my xbox 1

# 31 csamuelsvt @ 09/04/14 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
What arena's were left out?
Supposedly the only arenas that aren't licensed were Carolina's and Chicago's

# 32 csamuelsvt @ 09/04/14 08:38 AM
Guys hows the commentary? Any better than the demo since its the full version and not limited to 2 min periods? Doc have more excitement?

# 33 jhamlin1971 @ 09/04/14 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
That was confirmed to be OUT some time ago. With no plans or ability to patch it in this year.
Thank you both. Disappointing to say the least. Not sure what Sony is gaining by not allowing mp3s to be played. I always thought customizing the music made the experience so much better. Here is hoping they fix in that in the future!.

# 34 s_mkheidze @ 09/04/14 08:41 AM
I would appreciate it if someone could give a detailed account of the create-a-player option and also how be-a-gm plays. I have heard both are set back several years option wise. I saw a vid on YT that said that you have hardly no customization with be-a-pro and that you don't even get to play in the minors...you automatically start in the bigs.....that is just absolute crap if that is the case.

# 35 bigwill33 @ 09/04/14 08:43 AM
Quote:
Thank you both. Disappointing to say the least. Not sure what Sony is gaining by not allowing mp3s to be played. I always thought customizing the music made the experience so much better. Here is hoping they fix in that in the future!.
Sony is gaining $$$ by holding off on including this feature. They have a paid subscription service on the PS4, but you can't even use that in game.

If their wasn't money to be lost in this it would have been done by now, plain and simple.

# 36 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:44 AM
won my game 3-1 few thoughts.
way to easy to skate around the defender.
I saw about 5 miraculous glove saves in the game.
I also saw a very natural moment where the goalie was on his rear and the puck was bouncing around in between his legs.
I couldnt one time at will.
game looked good. I used authentic puck size. no shadow. true broadcast. had some moments that looked pretty real.
crowd is pretty cool other than there are some butt ugly woman at the game I was playing.

# 37 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:47 AM
Quote:
Sony is gaining $$$ by holding off on including this feature. They have a paid subscription service on the PS4, but you can't even use that in game.

If their wasn't money to be lost in this it would have been done by now, plain and simple.
bigwill you definetly share my hatred for sony on the mp3 debacle. The show just wasnt quite the same this year bro.

# 38 jhamlin1971 @ 09/04/14 08:48 AM
Quote:

Good point, should of known it's all about the mighty $$$.

# 39 VeryEvilAsh @ 09/04/14 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
won my game 3-1 few thoughts.
way to easy to skate around the defender.
I saw about 5 miraculous glove saves in the game.
I also saw a very natural moment where the goalie was on his rear and the puck was bouncing around in between his legs.
I couldnt one time at will.
game looked good. I used authentic puck size. no shadow. true broadcast. had some moments that looked pretty real.
crowd is pretty cool other than there are some butt ugly woman at the game I was playing.

Must've been playing in Boston. I'm installing now. Have to pick up the 4 year old in a few and will have to pray she naps this afternoon or it's going to be a long day. Bright side is my 6 hours will probably not even be used up by Tuesday. Moral of the story is that if you want to play games then don't have kids.

# 40 jake19ny @ 09/04/14 08:51 AM
Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic but us it possible they did not include edit players in the early access to speed up download time. It would seem pointless to include that in something you get for 6 hours. Same could be said about season mode. I know I'm dreaming but it's just overwhelmingly disappointing. It would seem everything and I mean everything I enjoyed about this series is gone. No offline season no total roster control no edit players no custom music no Eashl.....it's like they set out to personally screw ME except I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.