Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers. The game will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Based off of early feedback, there is no player edit mode, create a player is in. Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 08:54 AM
goalie just got ran over and his mask went flying off.

# 42 stevendah @ 09/04/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic but us it possible they did not include edit players in the early access to speed up download time. It would seem pointless to include that in something you get for 6 hours. Same could be said about season mode. I know I'm dreaming but it's just overwhelmingly disappointing. It would seem everything and I mean everything I enjoyed about this series is gone. No offline season no total roster control no edit players no custom music no Eashl.....it's like they set out to personally screw ME except I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.
I was thinking the same thing. It's only 6 hours of play, it's not a feature most would spend time on when your time with the game is limited. I really hope this is true. Are we at least seeing many new face scans? We were promised over 300 this year...

# 43 bad_philanthropy @ 09/04/14 08:56 AM
EA really confirmed no edit player? That's horrible. Equipment and roster edits are an essential part of my time with the game.

I have a feeling BaGM is going to be a bit of a disaster in this version.

# 44 bibibanax @ 09/04/14 08:58 AM
No offline season mode? What's the interest of having CHL and European teams?

# 45 Stormyhog @ 09/04/14 08:59 AM
Does the game have gametracker where you can go see replays of the events in the game?

# 46 Steve_OS @ 09/04/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic but us it possible they did not include edit players in the early access to speed up download time. It would seem pointless to include that in something you get for 6 hours. Same could be said about season mode. I know I'm dreaming but it's just overwhelmingly disappointing. It would seem everything and I mean everything I enjoyed about this series is gone. No offline season no total roster control no edit players no custom music no Eashl.....it's like they set out to personally screw ME except I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.
This is the full game, they aren't hiding anything. That is what the trial is all about. Seeing it, playing it, deciding on whether or not to buy or not.

# 47 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 09:00 AM
the access version is the full game though so if its not in there its not gonna be. if you buy the digital version you dont download anything if youve already downloaded the access. its just unlocked midnight on the 9th.

# 48 MizzouRah @ 09/04/14 09:02 AM
I was going to stay up late last night too.. downloading now before I have to head into work. Have to get at least ONE game in.

# 49 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Does the game have gametracker where you can go see replays of the events in the game?
I dont see game tracker. that might show up once its finished downloading but I dont see it yet.

# 50 Penaltybox4ever @ 09/04/14 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibibanax
No offline season mode? What's the interest of having CHL and European teams?
More HUT player cards to burn your money on... Maybe?

# 51 Keirik @ 09/04/14 09:11 AM
Can some of you guys stop with the no edit mode and custom music thrashing? I get it, but this is an impressions thread. Id like to read impressions.

# 52 Jm0ney2001 @ 09/04/14 09:12 AM
Can someone breeze through the gm mode and see what its like and post some screens?

# 53 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/04/14 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This is the full game, they aren't hiding anything. That is what the trial is all about. Seeing it, playing it, deciding on whether or not to buy or not.
Wow. Just...Wow! With all that they've taken away from us, why on earth would anyone other than a CASUAL sports game fan buy this??

# 54 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 09:13 AM
I have scored 7 goals in 2 games and five of them have been crappy wristers from just over the blue line. has me a little concerned.

# 55 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/04/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Can some of you guys stop with the no edit mode and custom music thrashing? I get it, but this is an impressions thread. Id like to read impressions.
Um. The impression is that most of us are PISSED.

# 56 Yzerman101 @ 09/04/14 09:15 AM
No Edit player,So if you Trade a goalie to Another team what colour on the equipment does he gets?the New team or the old?last versions of nhl you have to Edit the goalie colour on the equipment.

# 57 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 09:20 AM
43 seconds left in the game and they sent it to ray ferrarro with a highlight package of lunqvist. started with the replay of him getting run over than a couple of nice saves.
gotta say I was very skeptical about the commentary but im really enjoying it.

# 58 Choneen @ 09/04/14 09:24 AM
Has anyone tried simming a season in GM mode?

-I heard that you are unable to play AHL games, please confirm?
-How does the farm system work? Do your drafted players progress? Do you see your farm team's results? What about AHL player and team stats?
-Does free agency work correctly (RFA and UFA), or have they simplified it?
-Any initial impressions on player progression?

Anything else worth mentioning about GM mode?

# 59 Cletus @ 09/04/14 09:30 AM
The missing game modes I get, no AHL, no player editor also? Exactly how many people are working on this game? 2? Is NHL the new NCAA MVP? I waas on board until they stripped behind the hood things. Dan Cleary will still be rated just as high as Wayne Simmons based on the past EA rosters. It seems like the only guys that did any work on this game were the physicist and graphic designers. I was on board with this game, but I make 8.75 an hour so 65 bucks is a big freaking deal. I guess I'm jumping on the NBA2k bandwagon. Maybe when the game is 20 bucks.

# 60 CujoMatty @ 09/04/14 09:32 AM
at 34 percent. Im done wasting my trial on the kings and rangers. Thoughts so far is im pleasantly surprised. I love the presentation and the commentary. seems alot smoother than the demo to me but like I said before I didnt really spend a whole lot of time with the demo.

a few bumps in the road but im interested in seeing what transpires once I can fiddle with the settings.

I completely understand people being upset about things missing but im gonna just take the game for what it is and I think theres alot of fun to be had in there.
maybe its because I went in with such low expectations but ya im impressed

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.