Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted an article listing "29 Reasons Why MyGM May Be the Future of Franchise Modes," going over the new conversation system, GM tools, scouting, player progression, offseason, and much more in NBA 2K15's MyGM mode.

Here are some tidbits from the article:
  • On Virtual Currency: "Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take."
  • On Total Control: "In response to last year's backlash regarding basic functions being hidden behind the upgrade system, Visual Concepts has surfaced the vital skills that form the backbone of the GM experience. Every GM has full control of trades, free agency, player rotations, coach firings, etc. right from the start. "
  • A new Sim feature: "Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim."
  • New Scouting System: "A new pro scouting system analyzes how your team stacks up against your next opponent. Feedback includes areas of weakness you can exploit in the rival team, an analysis of their biggest threats, the team stats, and suggested points of emphasis."
  • New Draftee Storylines: "Visual Concepts plans to surface several storylines throughout the year based on research it did on the last 20-30 draft classes. The various types of players you could encounter include flash-in-the-pan players who may be at their full potential already on draft day, late bloomers who rise up the draft board at the last minute, players with serious injury concerns that you may not know about unless you him in for a visit."
  • College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
  • Draft Combine is in: "NBA 2K15 adds the draft combine to the mix this year, where you may find out that a school is playing fast and loose with the height and weights they list in their game programs."
  • Better Player Progression: "Visual Concepts has done a significant amount of work on player progression this year. Before, all you could do was train them in the offseason. This year that progression is split between the offseason workouts and in-season training."
  • Better Offseason Logic: "Visual Concepts says the CPU-controlled teams in NBA 2K15 have improved logic this year when managing their roster balance. Teams should better recognize that they don't need to spend on another point guard if their team already has a viable starter and will know to use their resources elsewhere."
Be sure to check out the full article for many more details on MyGM mode.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 syncinatti @ 09/04/14 07:46 PM
At first thought I was concerned if all these features implemented would "work" together. But then I remembered Leftos is a genius. Combined with the rest of the team..... No worries.

# 162 sticks323 @ 09/04/14 07:46 PM
Now this sounds like fun. Something different.

# 163 BenjiA @ 09/04/14 07:50 PM
Has the commish recorded more announcable names for the draft?

# 164 deetoman @ 09/04/14 07:54 PM
I'm ready for this now! I guess I will start with MyGM until someone has some good sliders for MyLeague! I'm just glad I can have customizable draft classes!

# 165 Hassan Darkside @ 09/04/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
Both modes start with an "approximation" of the real life draft picks. Since we don't support conditional picks, we made our best guesses on how these would play out. Also, we only allow trading picks up to 4 years ahead, so if there are any traded picks beyond 2018, those won't be in the game.
Good news for me. I was one of those guys that would spend about 2 hours trading the picks around from team to team to get a more accurate draft order. Also as a guy who runs Knicks associations, it was weird having draft picks. I wanted to build my team realistically and having picks wasn't that.

# 166 Pizarro24 @ 09/04/14 08:15 PM
Quote:
Both modes start with an "approximation" of the real life draft picks. Since we don't support conditional picks, we made our best guesses on how these would play out. Also, we only allow trading picks up to 4 years ahead, so if there are any traded picks beyond 2018, those won't be in the game.
Quote:
It's fairly robust and takes things into account such as the player's real attributes, the storylines, and the teams that they play against on their schedule. So, you will see things like a player getting better stats than someone he isn't as good as because the level of his competition was weaker.
Quote:
It's simulated. Not all players will choose to attend the Draft Combine. For the ones that do go, you will get to see results for things like their real height/weight/wingspan (which may be different that what they had been listed at), as well as results for 3/4 sprint, lane agility, vertical, bench press, standing 15 footer, moving 15 footer, standing college 3, moving college 3, standing NBA 3, moving NBA 3 (we opted to not do all the exact drills so we could tailor these to the attributes we have on the backend).
Dude, please stop with the informations, Iīm gettinī crazy because I have to wait till 10th October, I WANT THIS GAME NOW

No man, Iīm just kidding
Itīs simply amazing that you guys have the time to come here to OS and not only give us some informations but also listen to the gamers to make the best game possible.
A big THANK YOU, not only to you but to the whole 2K-Team

# 167 Proven_Winner @ 09/04/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Good news for me. I was one of those guys that would spend about 2 hours trading the picks around from team to team to get a more accurate draft order. Also as a guy who runs Knicks associations, it was weird having draft picks. I wanted to build my team realistically and having picks wasn't that.

I think the problem was always that the CPU never truly understood who you had on your team. For example I do MyGM with the Bulls. I traded my 1st for the Sixers 1st and then I was able to trade Boozer and Dunleavy for a 1st from the Bucks. Then When I drafted I got 5th overall and somehow the CPU skipped over the highest overall player in the draft (the guy I drafted) then I gave up my other 1st and 2nd rounders for 3 more 1st rounders in the next draft and now I have 3 lottery picks.

# 168 Gramps91 @ 09/04/14 08:32 PM
I'll probably be playing more of the hardcore franchise mode rather than this one. I may look into this one though. I like some of the changes, particularly less VC implementation

# 169 Retropyro @ 09/04/14 08:36 PM
NBA 2K15 I will definitely be skipping ..............all the way to get my pre-order in.

# 170 BluFu @ 09/04/14 08:37 PM
Quote:
It's simulated. Not all players will choose to attend the Draft Combine.
so will these 'flash in the pan'/generational players with nothing left to prove to scouts be the ones to skip out on the combine?

# 171 Da_Czar @ 09/04/14 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Featueing Andrew Bogut and a relatively accurate map of his injury risk.

This. Is. Awesome.

I'd upgrade his right elbow to red though. That's the elbow he shattered horrifically after a dunk. The again, he doesn't really reinjure, but it definitely affects his shot and he's protective of it.

I am in awe of your fandom. Respect!!!

# 172 Da_Czar @ 09/04/14 08:52 PM
Quote:
If enough people want it, then maybe.
Dave, these are rabid SIM gamers with elephantine memory recall for stuff like this. Please don't encourage them or it could get ugly

# 173 8KB24 @ 09/04/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Dave, these are rabid SIM gamers with elephantine memory recall for stuff like this. Please don't encourage them or it could get ugly
Slight OT, but hey..

Will players with greater defensive awareness defend with their feet and body and dumb defensive players only with their hands? I mean...will players like Haslem try to put you as an offensive player out of position so you have to take a tough fadeaway/chuck a shot? I really want to see a difference between smart defender and dumb. I want to see defenders cut you off and force you to pick up your dribble. I also want to see dumb roaming/not watching your defensive assignment by players like Harden.

# 174 Sinner @ 09/04/14 09:03 PM
Really like the way this is shaping up and sounds like right now I have at least 2 modes to really dive into. So happy that VC isn't needed to really enjoy this mode....this in itself is HUGE news for me.

Thanks to 2k for listening to the fans and it's so good having the devs on the boards. I am officially excited to get NBA2k again and have pre-ordered.

# 175 Colts18 @ 09/04/14 09:12 PM
Quote:
The Coach Gameplan has some options for Bench Depth and Bench Utilization that should help give you more control over how the CPU rebuilds your rotation when you automate things.

We did a lot of tuning to try and improve the simulator stats, so I feel they're a lot better this year (the league leader will often actually get double digits in assists per game, for one).
Dave the biggest issue in the last 4 yesrs was the rotations resetting once a user entered association/season mode and as a result the mpg were off. Has this issue been fixed finally?

# 176 bballshawn24 @ 09/04/14 09:33 PM
sounds awesome

# 177 cowboy_kmoney @ 09/04/14 09:51 PM
2K u killing the game right now.. Kant wait..

# 178 Sundown @ 09/04/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

I am in awe of your fandom. Respect!!!
I'm kind of a Warriors nerd.

Also Warriors fans tend to develop an intimate knowledge of their players' injury history with our crappy luck, and get PTSD whenever Bogut or Curry spill onto the ground. I'm also expecting a LOT of red knees for the Warriors bench in game this year.

Also, I don't know if I've simply forgotten, but do players have per-existing injury histories in addition to durabilites? For instance, it would make much sense for Bogut to get a lot of normal right ankle sprains when his issue is mostly related cartilage damage from the broken ankle. Durability does make total sense for say, Lee, who used to mostly be an ironman-- but suffers core and upper leg overuse injuries towards ends of seasons like clockwork.

# 179 mighty_mouse @ 09/04/14 09:54 PM
Loving this year 2K!! I've pre-ordered for PC, this year and can't wait for it to drop! I'm loving the effort in Scouting and MyGM, MyLEAGUE as well as the attention to detail regarding SIM players this year. You all have answered my prayers for Euroleague as well (big fan), although it's own mini-association mode with it's own rules and CBA and tourney could be bring in a whole heap of foreign sales, but not completely necessary.

I have some dreams and I know these take time and more importantly interest, however for 2K16 (for a deeper experience in MyGM, MyLEAGUE) I would love:
  • NBDL - a real-farm system (maybe issues would arise however with some teams not having a nbdl affiliate (blazers, jazz etc) like in 2K12. So much fun to develop young, inexperienced players during a season when I didn't have minutes for them (even though I played 82 games on 12 minute q, sometimes they didn't fit into a rotation and I had no where to put them, so I guess reserve/waivers it was).

This is real out there idea but: In MyGM you could potentially buy/run an NBDL (already existing) team and further meta develop those teams.

Obviously rights of these real NBDL players aren't worth the time and effort, but just doing something similar to 2K12 with generated scrubs, potential players (think Pierre Jackson/Ebanks types) would just add so much depth onto the game that already has so much depth Association wise.

I also think an NBDL would compliment the new progression system you gents have implemented this year. Food for thought.

• Summer League - again just being able to test unknown talent and undrafted picks is fun, at least for me, I don't know the average gamer, because I'm not him/her. I'm a purist unfortunately .

I'm like Kierkegaard on these matters: Either/Or; I love what you hard working developers do anyways with this game annually and hope you'll all stick together and keep bringing us tremendous simulated basketball.

# 180 Cabish @ 09/04/14 09:54 PM
Come on the -this just screams need a college game to go with this game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.