Home
NHL 15 News Post

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features
  • No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
  • No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM
  • Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro
  • No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
  • Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 russ99 @ 09/07/14 04:51 PM
Hold on a second.

These things are missing from the "early release" for Xbox, which is a glorified timed demo - and could have been slimmed down for easier downloads.

There's no confirmation that all these things are missing from the final release.

Still, I'll wait for some reviews before getting my copy,

# 302 kehlis @ 09/07/14 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99
Hold on a second.

These things are missing from the "early release" for Xbox, which is a glorified timed demo - and could have been slimmed down for easier downloads.

There's no confirmation that all these things are missing from the final release.

Still, I'll wait for some reviews before getting my copy,
Yes there is.

There's even a thread here with people who have the final version who have confirmed it.

Edit: Thread is closed but here's the post:

Quote:
No fixes or additions from the stuff that is missing

# 303 Mrmagoo @ 09/07/14 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
They already took out GM Connected. But I have better things to do then cry on the internet about it. I'll play HUT and have a good time with it.
No crying here, as I said I haven't even touched an ea sports game in ten years in regards to playing a season or purchasing new.
I have come to expect the usual ea yearly half efforts in regards to their sports.
I come by once maybe twice a year to read a bit about things. This year I feel bad for the ppl that have been fans of the game only to get shafted so I've chimined in.
While your happy they have cut out portions of the game thus also eliminating portions of fans strikes me as rather ignorant and rather shallow.... But hey your happy so that appears the only thing that counts in this "all about me" world.

# 304 Qb @ 09/07/14 05:48 PM
Enough of the personal sniping. We've let a lot go due to the frustration with all the recent NHL bad news, but that doesn't mean it's a free for all.

# 305 maseinface @ 09/07/14 10:35 PM
I understand the logistics behind making an annual sports game. I also understand new console development. What I don’t understand is what’s been stated and hinted at in the earlier comments: why couldn’t we get NHL 14 with SLIGHTLY improved visuals and a new presentation? I wouldn’t have been mad with an already great game getting incrementally better. How many casual hockey gamers will EA lose to this ghastly mistake next year? Even if you patch online play, it’s not enough unless you can also patch “live the life” and the OHL games…

Who is opposed to releasing a major update for sports games every two years and having DLC for $30 with updated rosters, stadiums, etc? Then, the updated games wouldn’t have to completely nix incredible modes like “live the life”. It seems as though EA doesn’t do enough research on what the public wants. You’re telling me NOBODY at EA thought this would be a big deal? Really?

rant complete…for now

# 306 Way2Grizzled4U @ 09/08/14 01:57 AM
Ridiculous! I am really starting to second guess dropping $60 on this game.

# 307 crankybaker @ 09/08/14 11:39 AM
Something to add, no scratched roster in hut. Before you could rest injuried players. In the scratched roster this would lower the injury games left by each game you played. Now the only way to fix a injured player is to buy packs which is a complete joke.

I liked having to rest players who were injured and trying new line combos but now it's the injury card or don't use them at all.

# 308 AdamJones113 @ 09/08/14 12:02 PM
From the EA forums....

Q: I know there’s not going to be a next-generation version of NHL 14 this year. Was there a reason for this? Was there not enough lead time up to when your studio got the final build of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Or did you want to just make sure you had a better quality product to put out the following year?

"Sean Ramjagsingh: We wanted to be focused on putting out the best game for this console generation. It’s fantastic that we focused all of our efforts on PS3 and 360. The great thing about EA Sports right now is the sharing that we’re doing. The UFC and FIFA franchises; those guys are figuring out how to develop for next-generation consoles and the technological challenges that come with developing for new consoles.

So they have to figure that part out and then build features on top of that. For us, since we’re coming in later on, we won’t have to battle all those technological issues because they’ve figured them out already. This lets us focus more on the features which is something fans can appreciate…"

# 309 detroitskills @ 09/08/14 03:06 PM
u cant edit players? lol out, they really ****ed this up

# 310 codywar11 @ 09/08/14 05:55 PM
On the Playstation store the Ultimate Edition says 1080p and the regular edition say 720p
Are they SERIOUSLY going to do that or do you guys think it is a misprint for one of them?

# 311 wintheday1593 @ 09/08/14 06:12 PM
So I don't wanna bother looking through all 35 pages this might have already been answered, but you can Create Players right?

# 312 QuidProQuoBro @ 09/08/14 07:28 PM
A petition has been started trying to get game modes back in the game and more open communication

https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-a...the-nhl-series

# 313 Way2Grizzled4U @ 09/09/14 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuidProQuoBro
A petition has been started trying to get game modes back in the game and more open communication
Good luck but I don't see EA doing anything, prove me wrong but I don't see it..

# 314 CM Hooe @ 09/09/14 10:44 AM
We're not going to go down that path, at all.

Please redirect the subject matter back to the topic at hand.

# 315 EdgeOfThorns @ 09/09/14 11:26 AM
Been a long time that ive been this let down for a game. I cant stress enough how excited i was going into this fall with finally having hockey on the new consoles and for this to happen, just blows my mind.

Honestly i feel that whole team needs fired, wtf were these guys doing?

# 316 adayinthelife @ 09/09/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codywar11
On the Playstation store the Ultimate Edition says 1080p and the regular edition say 720p
Are they SERIOUSLY going to do that or do you guys think it is a misprint for one of them?
Misprint. It's likely 720p all around. The Ultimate Edition just comes with HUT DLC, it's the exact same base game.

# 317 htamosan @ 09/09/14 11:38 AM
The user who already purchased -- please let me know.

Is it possible watching cpu vs cpu in BE A GM mode ?

Thanks...

# 318 m_maclean24 @ 09/09/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We're not going to go down that path, at all.

Please redirect the subject matter back to the topic at hand.
Thanks for deleting that guy's post, uncalled for

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.