Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Pre-Week 1 Roster Update is out for Madden NFL 15 featuring each team's final 53-man rosters. Also a new tuning update was released as well. We'll have details on both shortly!

UPDATE: EA Sports has stated the tuning update includes some user and CPU pass rush tuning.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 The JareBear @ 09/07/14 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Threshold, speed setting, holding slider, and difficulty?
My bad.

I'm using Quinn's sliders with tweaks for challenge.

Holding at 52

Normal speed

Zero threshold

All-pro

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Is run block slider for user just ineffective this year?

# 222 CujoMatty @ 09/07/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
After multiple games with the tuner here's my impression:

The game plays the same minus the ability to sack the CPU QB.
yup I agree.
I wonder if some of the people not noticing a difference are playing offline and dont realize the tuner doesnt apply to them.
edit... I thought it was only online that tuner applied but from what im reading it also works for offline cfm. is that true?

# 223 OhMrHanky @ 09/07/14 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My bad.

Holding at 52

Normal speed

Zero threshold

All-pro

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Is run block slider for user just ineffective this year?

I'm still struggling to run. If you're curious and willing to try something slightly different, the only thing I've got in my slider set that could possibly effect line play is offsides and false start penalties. This year, it doesn't feel as if penalties make as big of a difference in gameplay as they did last year, but I think they still affect it some. Anyways, last year, everyone felt that offsides gave the dline a better jump. I've got offside at 63 and false start at 62. I'm wondering if having these values 1 off actually is giving the dline a jump in my slider set. It wasn't my intention, but I have to say that pre and post tuner, I can't run for $hit. And, the CPU isn't much better, although they are better than me at the moment. So, if you're game, try offside 63 and FS 62. See if the line play feels different and running becomes harder. If it's not that, then my oline just really sux! Lol, I play with the falcons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 224 booker21 @ 09/07/14 09:28 PM
Thought I should post this here. It's the closer release note we got. Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...42286367764480

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 225 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/14 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
yup I agree.
I wonder if some of the people not noticing a difference are playing offline and dont realize the tuner doesnt apply to them.
edit... I thought it was only online that tuner applied but from what im reading it also works for offline cfm. is that true?
The tuner downloads as a file when you load up madden and effects gameplay in all modes offline or on.

# 226 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/14 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Thought I should post this here. It's the closer release note we got. Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...42286367764480

Thanks for this. Football is such a random sport you can play 100 games (real life or madden) and see such different stuff it's so hard to gauge.

# 227 wordtobigbird @ 09/07/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Oh....I am done already...took me a week and half to settle on my set. I never spend months on sliders.....merely 2 weeks is my limit typically on any game. M25...took me a few weeks max and I was playing that game up to the release of M15.

An occasional click here or there but....I play the game. Loving it big time.
You are a better man than I. I tried too hard to make it "perfect" lol. I'm loving the game too, just changed my focus a little bit.

# 228 The JareBear @ 09/07/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm still struggling to run. If you're curious and willing to try something slightly different, the only thing I've got in my slider set that could possibly effect line play is offsides and false start penalties. This year, it doesn't feel as if penalties make as big of a difference in gameplay as they did last year, but I think they still affect it some. Anyways, last year, everyone felt that offsides gave the dline a better jump. I've got offside at 63 and false start at 62. I'm wondering if having these values 1 off actually is giving the dline a jump in my slider set. It wasn't my intention, but I have to say that pre and post tuner, I can't run for $hit. And, the CPU isn't much better, although they are better than me at the moment. So, if you're game, try offside 63 and FS 62. See if the line play feels different and running becomes harder. If it's not that, then my oline just really sux! Lol, I play with the falcons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for input

I will try bumping my offsides in my next game

# 229 jeremym480 @ 09/07/14 10:53 PM
Quote:
My bad.

Holding at 52

Normal speed

Zero threshold

All-pro

I have tried this however...

I remember a year or two ago there was a trick to get your sliders to load in CFM properly. I can't remember what it was.... I think it was something like create your sliders outside of CFM then load them inside of CFM?

I'm wondering if something like that is happening this year?

# 230 nickjamesm7 @ 09/08/14 12:58 AM
The rosters still seem to be messed up when loading them into Online CFM. When I load them in, the rosters are correct, but the player ratings are wrong. I believe the ratings are from the 75-man roster, but I'm not positive. I'm not complaining, but I wonder if EA is aware of this yet. I'm sure they are. Anyone else having this issue? My buddy experienced the same thing, so I'm wondering if it's universal or just partial.

# 231 tyt @ 09/08/14 05:57 AM
It has to do with schemes/player types within CFM itself.

Take the Lions for example; Dominic Raiola C is 91ovr(?) for play now but once you enter into CFM he is an 81ovr no matter the scheme/player type you choose.

The overalls really have no effect, just go by the particular ratings that are important to whichever position; schemes are just a gimmick as they only alter overall not individual attributes.

# 232 kjcheezhead @ 09/08/14 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

I know Clint is a developer and should know what the tuning did better than anyone, but he also was adamant that signature throwing styles were in the game when they clearly weren't.

All I know is I've played four online games post tuning, had zero punts and the rushing numbers have doubled. The offense is much easier. I tried one offline game and had the cpu torch me on the ground with the titans. The numbers don't lie. That's not placebo.

# 233 booker21 @ 09/08/14 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyt
It has to do with schemes/player types within CFM itself.

Take the Lions for example; Dominic Raiola C is 91ovr(?) for play now but once you enter into CFM he is an 81ovr no matter the scheme/player type you choose.

The overalls really have no effect, just go by the particular ratings that are important to whichever position; schemes are just a gimmick as they only alter overall not individual attributes.
I had an interesting tweeter conversation with Clint. a little notes.

1.-Tuner only affect USERS, not CPU neither CPU Team controlled. This explains why im getting the same amount of sacks from my fellow CPU Team Controlled players. And also could explain why some are seeing an improvement while others don`t (those who see an improvements are those who control a DL).

2.- all rush changes should be a fluke, according to Clint, they only changed the user pass rush, and a nano explit, nothing else.

3.- They are not going to tweak the DL, at least for this moment since they believe the issue is the QB holding the ball to long. They are looking at that

4.- I shared a 17/17 picture for CPU QB, and he said they are already aware of that and they are working on that.

Hopefully we see a future patch that fix these two issues and i`m good to go

tweets:

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 8h

@booker2121 we have heard about AI QB's holding the ball too long; we're looking at that, but nothing with pass rush itself at this time

Booker2121 ‏@booker2121 8h

@ClintOldenburg OK. Good! Also need to tune the QB acc. Qb rarely overthrow their wr. Sliders are not very effective. pic.twitter.com/yDENx1w74D

@booker2121 already on top of that one

# 234 JoshC1977 @ 09/08/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Yes and no. The Hum RBK slider affects the CPU defenders as more of a run defense slider.The push at the line doesn't change too much (it DOES change some in a logical manner); but at low settings the LBs play more aggressive and get sucked right into the blocking while safeties stay in coverage longer (why it is easier to run). At higher settings, the LBs play more smartly by playing their gaps and reacting more intelligently (safeties will play the run/pass more intelligently too - they won't bite on PA at extreme settings). I think this is very similar to how the run defense slider on NCAA functioned.

# 235 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/08/14 08:39 PM
I'm also struggling to get the 53-man rosters to work in a CFM.

Load the latest roster and then start the franchise and import custom roster?

It is still coming out with teams with 70+ players. Is this correct?

# 236 JaymeeAwesome @ 09/08/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
My bad.

Holding at 52

Normal speed

Zero threshold

All-pro

Raise holding to 75. You won't get the penalty called any more than it does now, but the OL will be afraid to hold and release their blocks a little quicker.

As much as I like the idea of zero threshold, I moved mine to 15. But I think the holding slider will help a little.

# 237 Muhuff @ 09/08/14 10:25 PM
Post tuning I just had 8 sacks with the Bucs versus Panthers. Nice tune!

# 238 Soonerskinsfan81 @ 09/08/14 11:06 PM
I'm not an official slider tester but it seems to me that the issue is the cpu ai qb taking coverage sacks. It's obvious to me that the improved coverage, man and zone, have caused this issue. So has anyone tried lowering the Pass D sliders? Or raising the cpu WR catch?

It's a tough balancing act to get them just right but I'm sure eventually someone will figure it out.
I'm too busy to sit and do Tiburon's do diligence(I used to test sliders all the time). Hope this helps.

# 239 JaymeeAwesome @ 09/08/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerskinsfan81
I'm not an official slider tester but it seems to me that the issue is the cpu ai qb taking coverage sacks. It's obvious to me that the improved coverage, man and zone, have caused this issue. So has anyone tried lowering the Pass D sliders? Or raising the cpu WR catch?

It's a tough balancing act to get them just right but I'm sure eventually someone will figure it out.

I'm too busy to sit and do Tiburon's do diligence(I used to test sliders all the time). Hope this helps.

Lowering the pass coverage slider has shown me that the QBs will throw downfield. I recommend being below 50 on all pro.

# 240 Muhuff @ 09/09/14 12:29 AM
Adjusting the coverage sliders to try and compensate for the sacks is tough because the computer is already completing over 80%. So of you make coverage worse the completion % gets better. They just need to latch the AI QB to make quicker decisions and it would be perfect.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.