Home
The Golf Club News Post

Welcome to the 2014 PS4 O.S. Open Championship

We at Operation Sports are thrilled to bring the 1st annual Operation Sports Open Championship to be played at OS Hills. The tournament will consist of four rounds, and the individual with the lowest total score overall after all four rounds are completed, will be declared the winner. We appreciate your participation, and look forward to a wonderful event.

Each round will consist of 18 holes, and the winner with the lowest score of all four rounds combined will have his/her choice of a free game for any platform with a value of $60.00 or less. If there is any discrepancy in regards to the final outcome, the Administrator of Operation Sports will have the final ruling.

We would like to wish all who participate, good luck!

The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 181 BulletprfVest @ 09/06/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Goodness gracious! Great tournament!

Congrats!

Thanks man! C-A-R-D-S

Southern Indiana native here

# 182 countryboy @ 09/06/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletprfVest
Thanks man! C-A-R-D-S

Southern Indiana native here
Really? Whereabouts?

I grew up in Jeffersonville and am currently building a home in Greenville.

# 183 sroz39 @ 09/06/14 08:32 PM
A three over round of 75 puts me in 14th place after two rounds 20 shots back of the leader of course lol. A lot of fun though. I have no idea how you guys are putting up some of these scores but I definitely could have gone under par this round if my putting was a little better. Congrats to some of you guys at the top. Much respect. This course is a beast.

# 184 Knight165 @ 09/06/14 09:00 PM
Man...I had a blast.
I played below average on the first 3 rounds and then disintegrated on round 4.
I finished +25 for the tourney.....but had fun.

I played with BulletprfVest(ghost)....and man he was CRUSHING the ball right into the fairway.
Beautiful job.(all around!)

Love it and wouldn't mind being in a few of these tourneys!

M.K.
Knight165

# 185 JP7555 @ 09/06/14 09:28 PM
This is going over really well, IMO. I too, very much enjoy being in a tournament like this, especially in a game without a career mode or any "goals" to shoot for.

There's nothing stopping any of us from conducting a tournament or two every week for OS members......... When they get the rating system totally fixed, maybe break tournaments down by your global score so all of us compete against like opponents???? (Kind of a HCP system, if you will)

# 186 BulletprfVest @ 09/06/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Really? Whereabouts?

I grew up in Jeffersonville and am currently building a home in Greenville.
New Albany. Graduated in 2000 from NAHS

# 187 Drag66 @ 09/06/14 10:34 PM
I played 3 rounds today and did ok, +8, +2, and +4 for +14 total. The wind wasn't bad earlier today, about 4 or 5 mph mostly. Got on tonight to play round four and the wind was whipping - 12-13 mph. I shot a bogey on each of the first 2 holes and then promptly exited and will finish my final round in the morning lol. The course is already tough enough without the blustering wind. I love the tourney set up and hope there are a few more before the full-blown bushwood tour starts.

# 188 HustlinOwl @ 09/06/14 11:48 PM
OS does have more tourneys join the Official Tour:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...bushwood-tour/

# 189 tbird05 @ 09/07/14 12:35 AM
Shot -15 over the 4 rounds, but lucked out with 4-6 MPH wind for all 4 rounds (had 12-14 MPH in 2 practice rounds and shot +8 each time). Great looking course, very challenging.

# 190 CC @ 09/07/14 07:19 AM
Darn, wish this wasn't this weekend. Doubt I'll have time to play today. Ah well, had no shot anyways. Look forward to the tour.

# 191 countryboy @ 09/07/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletprfVest
New Albany. Graduated in 2000 from NAHS
Really! Wow!

I graduated in 1997 from JHS.

# 192 bluengold34_OS @ 09/07/14 08:24 AM
Just wanted to pop in this morning and thank everyone for playing so far. It really isn't about winning or losing, but just doing things like this as a community. We here at OS appreciate all who have taken the time so far to hit the links with us.

Good luck the rest of the way -

# 193 bjf1377 @ 09/07/14 08:46 AM
I have to say, even though I'm not doing great on it through 2 rounds, I do really enjoy the OS Hills course and how it plays.

# 194 jbd345 @ 09/07/14 09:16 AM
So, I went +7 yesterday. And when I started it up to play the final three rounds I was back to even par and on the first round...any mod can give me a hand with this? Or am I just gonna have to start over.

# 195 Hoos @ 09/07/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
So, I went +7 yesterday. And when I started it up to play the final three rounds I was back to even par and on the first round...any mod can give me a hand with this? Or am I just gonna have to start over.
There's a bug in the tour setup in the way it keeps showing first round. Just continue playing your remaining rounds and the overall score will add up correctly after each round is over. Others were seeing this yesterday but in the end all four rounds totalled up just fine

# 196 Hoos @ 09/07/14 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
I have to say, even though I'm not doing great on it through 2 rounds, I do really enjoy the OS Hills course and how it plays.
Agreed, it can be frustrating at times but the fun factor is still there even while the course kicks your *** LOL

Seriously though it's one the best user created courses I have played.

# 197 jbd345 @ 09/07/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
There's a bug in the tour setup in the way it keeps showing first round. Just continue playing your remaining rounds and the overall score will add up correctly after each round is over. Others were seeing this yesterday but in the end all four rounds totalled up just fine
Alright thanks. I'll do this. I wasn't even shown on the leader board either

# 198 ASB37 @ 09/07/14 10:19 AM
Woof this course is impossible with winds.

Playing through 14mph winds now and I'm up to +15. Might wait till tomorrow to see if the winds get lower to try and finish the tournament.

# 199 DoUHaveSkill @ 09/07/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Ahhh I feel stupid. Shot -6 1st round then it kept saying 1st round so I just stopped after the 1st hole.

# 200 Knight165 @ 09/07/14 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Just wanted to pop in this morning and thank everyone for playing so far. It really isn't about winning or losing, but just doing things like this as a community. We here at OS appreciate all who have taken the time so far to hit the links with us.

Good luck the rest of the way -
Definitely.
I knew I had no chance to even compete....but the fact that it was members of this site...all going at it together just added a little something.
Thank you and thanks to Steve for getting this up and running so quickly.
I'm still checking in to see scores and if there is there will be a late entry competitor to take it!
The only reason I don't really play online is the uncertainty of players online.
I often just can't be bothered....but O.S. takes that out of the equation as the members from here are all top notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUHaveSkill
Ahhh I feel stupid. Shot -6 1st round then it kept saying 1st round so I just stopped after the 1st hole.
I did the same thing. I was on the third round....and it kept saying first....I thought I had made a mistake.
Nope...just a little glitch.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.