Home
The Golf Club News Post

Welcome to the 2014 PS4 O.S. Open Championship

We at Operation Sports are thrilled to bring the 1st annual Operation Sports Open Championship to be played at OS Hills. The tournament will consist of four rounds, and the individual with the lowest total score overall after all four rounds are completed, will be declared the winner. We appreciate your participation, and look forward to a wonderful event.

Each round will consist of 18 holes, and the winner with the lowest score of all four rounds combined will have his/her choice of a free game for any platform with a value of $60.00 or less. If there is any discrepancy in regards to the final outcome, the Administrator of Operation Sports will have the final ruling.

We would like to wish all who participate, good luck!

The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bowld @ 09/05/14 09:27 PM
count me in

# 22 RGmoney @ 09/05/14 09:43 PM
Not to late to get in this is it? I've had this awesome little game for PC, but had to snag it for PS4 when I saw many of the OS family getting it. Looking forward to hitting the links with you guys.

PSN: Maestro2310

# 23 HustlinOwl @ 09/05/14 10:04 PM
can I get some sort of worse putter award, dear god had about 8 from within 1ft and go 6in WTF

# 24 Knight165 @ 09/05/14 10:06 PM
Got down to +15 on my third try.
I jokingly said this is a torture course.
It is tough(beautiful though!)....but I love it.
You REALLY...REALLY have to think of shot placement and the risk vs. reward on a lot of shots.

But a 225 yard par 3 with rocks, water AND sand surrounding it...with a 12 MPH wind?
If we ever meet in person Bob....I might just nut punch you.

M.K.
Knight165

# 25 brent3419 @ 09/05/14 10:14 PM
so all i do is just jump
in and play in the tournament?

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 26 skow05 @ 09/05/14 10:15 PM
I can't wait for this! Should be a lot of fun.

# 27 HustlinOwl @ 09/05/14 10:16 PM
lol hole #1 and my ball hits the rake laying out of trap on right hand side off the tee hitting me into bunker $&%&%*

# 28 Knight165 @ 09/05/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
so all i do is just jump
in and play in the tournament?

I'm guessing you choose tournament from the main screen...it will be listed and you will see other OS players on the leaderboard if they are playing at the same time.
You screen shot your score...or maybe post up your PSN name...and someone can verify it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 29 HustlinOwl @ 09/05/14 10:18 PM
convinced those low scores and zero wind

# 30 brent3419 @ 09/05/14 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm guessing you choose tournament from the main screen...it will be listed and you will see other OS players on the leaderboard if they are playing at the same time.

You screen shot your score...or maybe post up your PSN name...and someone can verify it.

M.K.

Knight165

ok thanks, i have no problem with it. just so if im in my psn name is agentb719

# 31 RGmoney @ 09/05/14 10:46 PM
Wow, just finished my first practice round on the course. First off, BG that is a beautiful course man. Can tell you put some thought and time into it. Love the layout. I was feeling pretty good about myself after the front 9 with a +4, then I made the turn to the back 9. SMH. Was looking like the current Tiger... spraying the ball everywhere off the tee. Then when I did get on the green, I must have left my putter in the clubhouse and just picked up the first stick I could find. lol

When all the dust settled and the cursing stopped, I ended up with a +15 for the round. I did end the round on a high note though, as a birded the final hole.

I was out there with the ghost/live versions of Hustlin & I think Marino. They posted scores of +19, +10, and +19 respectively.

Looking forward to the seeing the tourney scores this weekend on this course. I'm going ahead putting dibs on last place though

# 32 coachpars @ 09/05/14 11:32 PM
Cant wait to give this a run! Looking forward to season play as well

# 33 skow05 @ 09/05/14 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
convinced those low scores and zero wind
Haha, it's a conspiracy hustlin!

I put up a low of 70 ()with high winds. I don't remember exactly, but I haven't played OS Hills with less than an 8 mph wind yet. The highest I saw was 13 mph.

Beautiful course!

# 34 SinisterAlex @ 09/05/14 11:53 PM
Going to dive into this later tonight. Gotta get some reps in on the course!

# 35 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/06/14 12:02 AM
Well done OS. This is why this site is the best around. Good luck to all.

# 36 bluengold34_OS @ 09/06/14 12:23 AM
I have the tournament all set and ready to publish - I can only run it in 1 day increments, not by hours. So the tournament will be available somewhere around 7:00 AM EST and will end Monday morning the same time.

We will post the winner here on OS Monday morning as soon as it ends, and we confirm everything.

# 37 countryboy @ 09/06/14 12:27 AM
Looking forward to playing this tournament. I just don't wanna be last. LOL

# 38 NYJin2011tm @ 09/06/14 12:28 AM
Might be the only tournament ever where the winning score is +10 or something like that! lol

# 39 Drag66 @ 09/06/14 12:52 AM
I played 2 practice rounds for the tourney and shot a +21 (I had a +7 on hole 5 alone lol), and did much better the 2d round and shot a +7. I'm sure I'll have the same inconsistency tomorrow too. Some of the greens are brutal, especially if you get stuck in the wrong place. Great course and very challenging! I actually saw a few people shoot under par tonight, that's insane!

# 40 chrashbird @ 09/06/14 01:25 AM
Just finished a round with Hustlin and shot -1. Was chuffed to bits as its the first time I've played the course.

Did chip in twice for birdie, one was on that over the water par 3. Took driver and went way deep up on that back bank, did a flop shot with the lob wedge straight in the cup

Im thinking I used up all my luck on that practice round.

So does everyone have the same wind conditions on each round or does it change with time of day when playing tournaments to make it a fair test for everyone? For instance is the wind 5mph for everyone round one, 9mph round two and so on or will it be what ever it is for the time on that course? Hopeing its the same for everyone.

Good luck guys, 36 hole leader buys the beers

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.