Home
NHL 15 News Post

(This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)

Thanks for being part of this journey as we head into the launch of NHL 15 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, the start of a new generation of hockey videogames. We’re incredibly proud of the next-generation gameplay and presentation experience we’ve created for all our fans. From the Next-Generation Hockey Player and True Hockey Physics to the Unrivalled In-Arena Experience and a revolution in Broadcast Presentation, I’m extremely proud of what our team has delivered in one year on new technology. The focus on a new gameplay and presentation engine will not only deliver a great game now, but also give us the foundation to deliver next-generation hockey experiences to you for the years to come.

However, we’re not done. We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game:

September:

Playoff Mode
Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback
Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game
At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

Hockey Ultimate Team
Several content updates, including:
• Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
• New animations for player items
• Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Thanks
Sean

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Södy @ 09/08/14 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Provide a link proving they are short on man power. They were not short on time they took a year off from this gen to work on NHL 15, at least that's what they told us last year. Every other sports game was able to offer a full featured game with a shorter dev cycle.
Well this is why I assume, they are short on man power.

FIFA and Madden are stronger titles and I truly believe they have more people that work on.

I am a developer myself and I can tell you, no developer ever want to release a half finished product. Never ever. So to me the only real explanation is that they didn't have the time to get all the features in with this team.

So we have 2 possibilities:

- the devs didn't have the time because they are not enough
- EA likes to lose money and screw away customers on purpose to get things back in 2 months after release

Point 2 doesn't makes sense at all. When they brought it in 1-2 years later as a "big new feature" or as DLC you have to pay for, I agree, it wasn't because of the devs, it was because of EAs politics.

But this way the only reason why we have this release is because they are short on man power.

# 82 Solid-Bri @ 09/08/14 04:06 AM
I sympathize with everyone's frustration here... But as the above poster said, it's not as if the development team intended to release an incomplete game. I haven't played the next-gen version but it sounds like the gameplay is there...

So, why not take a deep breath, relax, and give these guys a year to fix this? If your favorite modes are still missing from NHL 16, then the "fire this guy, fire that guy" stuff may very well be justified. But for now... I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I do think the developers have a responsibility to answer your questions (and not dodge the difficult ones).

# 83 Sheba2011 @ 09/08/14 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
I sympathize with everyone's frustration here... But as the above poster said, it's not as if the development team intended to release an incomplete game. I haven't played the next-gen version but it sounds like the gameplay is there...

So, why not take a deep breath, relax, and give these guys a year to fix this? If your favorite modes are still missing from NHL 16, then the "fire this guy, fire that guy" stuff may very well be justified. But for now... I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I do think the developers have a responsibility to answer your questions (and not dodge the difficult ones).

We would all be a lot calmer if two things happened:

1. They would actually communicate with us and not ignore every comment with substanance. It's amazing to compare the lack of communication with the NHL 15 this summer to how Tiburon handled Madden. Every week they were updating us on something new with twitch streams, blogs, QA sessions and even letting GC's post videos. You would never know it's the same company.

2. If you're not going to have a full featured game, don't charge full price for it. If this game was $29.99, most of us would say what you are saying. Give these guys a year to fix things in the meantime we can play the stripped down version without having to pay the same as a full game.

# 84 Sheba2011 @ 09/08/14 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
This list is ridiculous, about draft... then move on to something sensational never seen it when it's already been done is so hilarious, please change the music because is becoming a chant meaningless.
....then why dont release the game in October / November?
already patched?

oh sorry be logical and honest it is not something that belongs to you right?

what a pile of incompetent.
I can deal with draft marketing and who knows maybe it will be something revolutionary we haven't seen before, but...

What irritates me the most about this is with all the problems this game has and with how much is missing two of the most important things are: 3 Stars and playoff mode?? Amazingly you can track player stats for your playoff mode but not for your prospects in Be a GM. The priorities at this company is absolutely baffling. Of course the HUT cash cow has the most updates, that was all but expected. I keep trying to be optimistic about this game because the presentation looks beautiful but they are making it tough.

# 85 AdamJones113 @ 09/08/14 05:37 AM
I would also be very intrigued to hear the answer to bigwill33's query, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU SPEND TIME ON PATCHES?

I don't know you, and you don't know. So let me tell you something: I love hockey. Love it! And I'm sure you do too. I also happen to love Be A GM mode. I played over 250 games of it on NHL 14. And I also love drafting players!

Here's why you're in hot water. Never mind the dismal amount of communication, let's talk about some underhanded methods and what not. Sure, the minuscule details are fantastic. But I'd bet that most people are just a little more concerned about something as simple as the 3 Stars of the game. Which we took for granted. Now I'm no developer, for all I know it might be the toughest thing in the game to put in. But I doubt it.

And now you introduce it as something revolutionary? Just say, we didn't focus on this inconsequential thing but we'll patch it in quickly. Don't tell me that you'll put us in a GM's shoes by letting us draft our own players (albeit with a tough 3-minute limit. With "timeouts"). This was a day-one buy. But you took out so much that people love, Season mode—not a patch?—playoff mode—patch—SIMMING TO THE NEXT SHIFT IN BE A PRO—ridiculous—that I can't see myself buying this.

As I said before, I don't know you and you don't know me. But I do know that you'll be in damn hot water if you put out another bare-bones game next year, with all the patches you're doing. I'd hate to see you lose your job, but come on man. Priorities.

Playoffs??? Playoffs??

# 86 Buddywalker @ 09/08/14 07:42 AM
What about the action tracker replay highlight videos? Especially for the goals of the game.

# 87 oasis90 @ 09/08/14 07:47 AM
Play vs friends in HUT??

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

# 88 SWEGAMER @ 09/08/14 07:55 AM
Question regarding OTP.

I get the feeling that this will be "Drop in" or community only feature, which would be a shame. Will it be possible to create own teams, invite players, kick player, check out statistics of players and recent games, challange other clubs and all that stuff we´ve seen on last gen for 7 years?

The answer to that quastion will be a decider for me and MANY of my online friends.

# 89 stlcardsfan44 @ 09/08/14 07:58 AM
I've been buying NHL hockey since the mid 1990s. While the game looks great with the new presentation, taking out all team control, season mode, fantasy draft etc, i'm out this year. There's not excuse for releasing a game bare bones. I'd rather you wait another year to get it right. EA, you guys need to take a serious look at MLB the show and see how they develop a game. They deliver an amazing product every year, AND most importantly, they listen to what we the customer want. Until you get that, your sales will continue to drop.

# 90 BigMacAttack22 @ 09/08/14 08:01 AM
While I'm pleased EA Vancouver is still committed to working on this, I don't wish to reward their lack of openness with the community. It was slimy and the NHL developers have traditionally been above than that. So as much as I love hockey, I still will not be buying this game.

# 91 MizzouRah @ 09/08/14 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylite29
If we start a GM mode once the draft is patched in will that existing save be able to support the updated draft patch
Would love to get an answer for this. Can we start a BeaGM season and when the draft gets patched will we be able to continue on or is this something that we will need to start a NEW BeaGM career for?

# 92 18 eighty 5 @ 09/08/14 08:37 AM
So far from 11 pages of questions there has been one official statement, 11 posts responded to, but one was to apologize to someone who didn't like Rammer and the other was to tell someone he had already answered his question in an earlier post. This is becoming a frustrating thread. Agree that numerous good questions are being passed over in silence.

# 93 Fedorov @ 09/08/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddywalker
What about the action tracker replay highlight videos? Especially for the goals of the game.

^^^^ agree, regardless of missing game modes, there are certain features that NEED to be in the CORE game no matter which mode you are playing.

Nice to know 3-Stars is being patched back in but I'd like to have my action tracker back please, another good core feature used in any game mode.

Please keep improving the level of communication with your fans, a lot of fallout and anger could have been avoided months ago.

Thanks for listening.

# 94 NYRangers31 @ 09/08/14 09:16 AM
Happy to hear a new Be a GM draft is coming. Wish AHL teams would be integrated into Be a GM too, though. I'll be buying the game this year.

# 95 BoostedStig @ 09/08/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Will single player tournaments or challenges be added to HUT?

Also, is there a way to heal injured players without using a heal card? In last gen we could put them on the bench for a set amount of games and they would heal. That really is a big problem if you are required to use a healing card.
Can anyone answer this? I've been waiting on a solution for this as well.

# 96 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/08/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL
(This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s.
You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Thanks
Sean
What?!?! Ummm...

# 97 jgarrett @ 09/08/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL

October:

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

So, will we be able to use created Pro's in the online team play? Or does it mean that we will be able to choose a team and play with the actual players from that team (i.e. choose the Penguins and play as Crosby)?

Thanks.

# 98 Christian9 @ 09/08/14 09:39 AM
I asked 3x's over at EA forums (on the same thread) about being able to edit players. Rammer was answering the questions he wanted to, and totally ignoring the others. Then I had some posts deleted, then I was banned.

These practices undoubtedly say to me that they're not playing fair. They're not listening to us. They're trying to patch what they can for now to maximize sales tomorrow. I bet once tomorrow comes and goes, we will not see much further response.

This game is a MESS!! Plain and simple. And what is being forgotten in all of this as well is the face that last-gen is NHL 14 with a new name. What an insult! I don't typically post much, but on here all the time...but this situation is ridiculous and inexcusable with a 2-year design window. And don't forget, this is not a new title, they have code from the last-gen as a starting point.

# 99 GROGtheNailer @ 09/08/14 10:08 AM
EA - If it's in the game....we will patch it in next year

# 100 Gagnon39 @ 09/08/14 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Would love to get an answer for this. Can we start a BeaGM season and when the draft gets patched will we be able to continue on or is this something that we will need to start a NEW BeaGM career for?
I too, would love to know the answer to this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.