Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 08:07 PM
might want to keep an eye out for @easportsnba too just confirmed create a player

# 2 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 08:14 PM
No sliders? I knew about the roster editing but.......sogh

# 3 snocone @ 09/08/14 08:15 PM
So you can create a player, but you can't edit a roster.

Sounds like they straight-up have the exact same systems that are causing so much hate as NHL has. SMH

# 4 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 08:17 PM
Pretty unacceptable to have no sliders in this generation. Hell what would it be worth if they had them and they didn't work like some other games *cough* Madden *cough*.

# 5 Ermolli @ 09/08/14 08:24 PM

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

# 6 exposedaking @ 09/08/14 08:27 PM
Im happy about create a player for sure, but no sliders is unacceptable.

# 7 LingeringRegime @ 09/08/14 08:29 PM
I just can't understand why they can't have sliders. Mindblowing to me.

# 8 exposedaking @ 09/08/14 08:29 PM
I hope create a player is not limited to their career mode like on 14

# 9 bigeastbumrush @ 09/08/14 08:40 PM
Inexcusable and unacceptable...

# 10 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 08:48 PM
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consideration all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things like scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Just glad there adding something to the rising star mode.

# 11 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 08:48 PM
create a player has me very excited!!!! hopefuly they have good options and i can really work on my facial structure!!!! would be another plus if i can use my created player in dynasty!!!!!!

# 12 Sinner @ 09/08/14 08:52 PM

This really stood out to me, It's really nice that he's doing this after the delayed announcement, give him props for that but isn't that a lot to have to work on in 3 weeks? I'm naive to game development I admit but seems like a lot to do. Of course no sliders is a big deal also.

# 13 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consider all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Throne, I know your a fan of the series....but this a little much man...we just going to excuse every thing they do?

Sliders customize the user experience and have been in basically every sports game for 10+ years now....it's fine if your ok with not having them....but come on.

# 14 Sports fanantic @ 09/08/14 08:56 PM
This is not very encouraging at all. Not having Sliders in a Sports Video game is completely unacceptable. Very bad move by EA Sports

# 15 WTF @ 09/08/14 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner

This really stood out to me, It's really nice that he's doing this after the delayed announcement, give him props for that but isn't that a lot to have to work on in 3 weeks? I'm naive to game development I admit but seems like a lot to do. Of course no sliders is a big deal also.
You'd be surprised to see what even 1 day of tweaking and altering can do.

# 16 El_Poopador @ 09/08/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consider all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Not every player plays the same. Some people may not like the way the game feels by default. Ideally, the default will not need to be changed, but it's still good to have options.

# 17 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Throne, I know your a fan of the series....but this a little much man...we just going to excuse every thing they do?

Sliders customize the user experience and have been in basically every sports game for 10+ years now....it's fine if your ok with not having them....but come on.

1st not a fan of the series. I'm just open minded. I killed Elite 11 and Live 14. I declared this series dead after last years game. You can go back and check

Also this has been my stance on sliders for years. Even when EA had them in their games. This is also well document here at OS. So please don't try to paint my opinion as some blind loyal fan making excuses. That couldn't be any farther from the case.

# 18 youvalss @ 09/08/14 09:03 PM
Did anyone ask about a demo?

# 19 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Not every player plays the same. Some people may not like the way the game feels by default. Ideally, the default will not need to be changed, but it's still good to have options.

Sliders feel like a short cut for designers. The only reason sliders are needed is because the game isn't tune enough out of the box. I understand my opinion is rare, but that's how I see it.

# 20 youvalss @ 09/08/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Sliders feel like a short cut for designers. The only reason sliders are needed is because the game isn't tune enough out of the box. I understand my opinion is rare, but that's how I see it.
So, you are claiming that every game that didn't have sliders was great out of the box?

I'd rather be stuck with a game that needs tweaking - and be able to do it, than a game that is great for some but not for me - and I can't tweak it.

Edit: How did you like Sony's basketball series on PS3?

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.