Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 stillfeelme @ 09/09/14 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .
Yeah it is clear the game isn't ready just yet that is why they need time. I am talking basic sports programming.

Games need tuners done by the developers (things that they can fix in the background) and then games need sliders, and roster edits as well as difficulty settings. It is what it is now and I am not saying they should try to put it in now. This is a coding decision IMO that was setup way before Live 15 or probably even 14.

# 82 stillfeelme @ 09/09/14 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Sliders effect what's on the court....they arent to adjust the menu..

They could work solely on gameplay for an extra year for all I care, but they're handicapping themselves with the decision.
Exactly you are left with a game that plays to the final build of the dev's team point of view of Sim, arcade. It holds them back and it holds us back from improving the game. Why count on Synergy only? If Synergy doesn't work as expected the user is left playing something that sliders could have addressed.

# 83 poloelite @ 09/09/14 10:11 AM
They can't keep charging full price for a game that doesn't have the basic elements of a sports game in 2014 and 2015. I hate to bring up 2K, but when they began to take over, they released some of the best sports games for $20. Everyone had to try it out then. You can't tell people you're a work in progress, offer less in your package and then sit on the shelf next to a superior product and expect to keep stockholders happy with your sales. That's arrogant to expect consumers to pay you full price for something that you know is lacking. You want to gain back a fan base you have to establish good will. Live 15 for 20 or 30 dollars would be a start. Being more active here during your development helps. I may bash Live, but that's because they earned it. If they had done anything dope since Lebron left for Miami, I would've sang their praises too. This company has been making basketball games since Magic and Bird were in their primes. Cutting them slack sounds silly if they want full price. They have the ability to obtain more resources than 2K, but somehow we end up with this? They literally have their long time fans grasping for any shred positive news and footage to substantiate their fandom. The people deserve better. Their fans deserve better.

# 84 King_B_Mack @ 09/09/14 10:13 AM
Quote:
I'im not a programmer, but I assume there is a lot of resources used for programing for slider interaction and how it affects AI and every aspect of the game. The focus on the game is obviously gameplay and that's what I always wanted. Again, remove what you need to get the game on the court playing right, then worry about modes and sliders later. I support EA doing this. It's about resources and focus.
Quote:
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .

# 85 thesniper321 @ 09/09/14 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
How did you come to this conclusion? The point is if it's not tuned enough that I can play right out the box something is wrong with the game. If players are making 90% of there lay ups or only 10% of drives end in fouls that's a problem that shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you or I can correct these things by simply pressing some buttons why aren't they tune in the 1st place.
...DAMN

# 86 loosey101 @ 09/09/14 10:55 AM
Why are you all getting mad when it was confirmed months ago that there would be no sliders. Yes it's disappointing but honestly I very rarely ever adjust sliders and just adjust foul frequencies etc. I'm very excited about this years game after last years disappointment that I played a lot. You can't assume everyone wants sliders just like you can't assume everyone doesn't want them. Give the guy a break he's just speaking his mind. Not every person that buys 15 is going to be a SIM head that adjust those settings. If you are out after no sliders then you def weren't that invested in the first place.

# 87 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/09/14 11:41 AM
When was it confirmed prior to last night that there would be no sliders?

And people are upset they're not giving us the OPTIONS to fit the game to our liking, just like we don't have the OPTION to edit rosters or even players.

# 88 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/09/14 11:53 AM
.nvlvjv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 89 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 12:02 PM
A lot of us actually didn't know, including me, and I have been following the news releases. I thought it was just roster management that wasn't included. What does it matter if people are upset or not? If you’re going to buy the game no matter what, that's fine...but not everyone is 'invested' in Live\EA, some just want a good basketball game. So when disappointing news comes, people are going to speak on it. As they should.

# 90 RandyBass @ 09/09/14 12:03 PM
Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't have sliders, and never has. It still plays a better game of soccer than FIFA and it's sliders. Even at it's low point of a few years ago PES played better than FIFA.

I for one welcome a game without sliders, but only if the devs can deliver. Truth is you can have all the sliders in the world and the game can still play like crap.

As for using sliders to "customize" the game, customize what? You can't customize the NBA in real life. You can't stop the game and say, okay now all you guys shooting threes you need to start making more of them. Nonsense.

In the end it's up to the devs, sliders or no sliders. If I were a dev the only reason I'd add sliders is to give some leeway for potential balance problems that might arise. Because it'd be a shame to ship out a game that was close to the real thing, only to have it undermined by something small, something that could be tweaked for the better with sliders. That's the only real argument for having sliders in a game.

# 91 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 12:12 PM
Uh.....that's everyone's argument for sliders?

# 92 El_Poopador @ 09/09/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't have sliders, and never has. It still plays a better game of soccer than FIFA and it's sliders. Even at it's low point of a few years ago PES played better than FIFA.

I for one welcome a game without sliders, but only if the devs can deliver. Truth is you can have all the sliders in the world and the game can still play like crap.

As for using sliders to "customize" the game, customize what? You can't customize the NBA in real life. You can't stop the game and say, okay now all you guys shooting threes you need to start making more of them. Nonsense.

In the end it's up to the devs, sliders or no sliders. If I were a dev the only reason I'd add sliders is to give some leeway for potential balance problems that might arise. Because it'd be a shame to ship out a game that was close to the real thing, only to have it undermined by something small, something that could be tweaked for the better with sliders. That's the only real argument for having sliders in a game.
This is the argument that everyone has been making for sliders. But either way, if I want to make every single three I take, I should be able to. Again, not everyone wants to play the same way, and sliders/roster edits make that an option.

# 93 nick_sr @ 09/09/14 12:14 PM
Quote:

Great point! I only want them to stop The points in the paint and adjust foul frequency. Seems as if fouls are being called this year from the lebront n stat line in the vid

# 94 RandyBass @ 09/09/14 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Uh.....that's everyone's argument for sliders?
And it's a flimsy arguement at best. Devs can still screw up a game, sliders or not. Considering the game isn't even out yet, how 'bout y'all stfu?

# 95 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 12:21 PM

# 96 23 @ 09/09/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
And it's a flimsy arguement at best. Devs can still screw up a game, sliders or not. Considering the game isn't even out yet, how 'bout y'all stfu?
Now was that necessary?

He can't make a simple statement without you going off the deep end?

Consider this a warning

# 97 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/09/14 12:26 PM
Live brings out the internet bad***es apparently, lol.

# 98 ifitbeginsitends @ 09/09/14 01:46 PM
Gotta side with throne on this one! I get why you want sliders, LOL I bet NBA players wants sliders in real life but the game is the game. Players have no say in how it's officiated. All you can do is play within the rules and parameters of the game and adjust to what the refs are calling.
I understand that sliders empower users but when buying a NBA basketball game. It should play like the NBA without ever having to adjust anything.

Quite frankly sliders are just an excuse for developers to pass off work to consumers under the guise of more control. Don't charge me $60.00 to do your work for you. I just want a game that plays like the NBA that's what I want. Bad called and all of it!

I under stand more options are better but I want a NBA experience out of the box!
Live15I'mIn!

# 99 swac07 @ 09/09/14 01:58 PM

I am really baffled that folks are really defending this decision.....welp

Heck take away sliders might as well take away difficulty settings too....make it all the "Default" NBA "experience"...

# 100 KyotoCarl @ 09/09/14 02:02 PM
All of the answers where exactly what you'd think they'd be. Pretty unnecessary interview.

What they need to do is release gameplay videos so we get to see the game and judge for ourselves.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.