Home
FIFA 15 News Post

The FIFA 15 demo is now available on Xbox One (queue it up here) and weighs in at 3.07GB total. The playable teams in this year's demo include:
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Napoli
  • PSG (Paris Saint Germain)
  • FC Barcelona
  • Boca Juniors
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • Liverpool
If a PS4 version of the demo happens, it will most likely be up sometime tomorrow afternoon. Be sure to leave your impressions here on what you play!

UPDATE: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for Xbox 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE #2: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PC. (Another link here)

UPDATE #3: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PS3.

UPDATE #4: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PS4.

UPDATE: The demo launches on September 9/10 for Xbox One (already available for Xbox One in North America), PlayStation 4, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 (Gold Members; Silver Members from September 16). Dates and timing vary depending on platform and location.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SQI @ 09/09/14 06:45 AM
Still no PC demo. Last year it was available aroud 9 or 10AM (GMT). I hope this is not some kind of demo exclusivity :P

# 62 Shadak @ 09/09/14 07:08 AM
wow great impressions so far. I still play PES6 hoping this fifa will actually make me switch, especially on PC.

# 63 PAPERNUT @ 09/09/14 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
One thing I've noticed and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it, a couple of times now the keeper has seemed to go "brain dead" on a rebound and just stood there while the opponent latched on and scored. It looks awful, and is very worrisome. Hopefully this is fixed in the final version. If it happens again tomorrow I'll video it and post it.
I have seen it too, but mine was on a 1 on 1 and the ball almost hit the CPU goalie with him just standing still. I know that happens in real life, but usually the ball is too far away to make the play. Crazy thing is a bit later he made a diving stop on a shot that was going way wide of the post that he should have then stood and watched. Hopefully it is just a demo thing.

Besides that one moment, I have been impressed. Atmosphere is amazing, graphics, pitch, and animations are stunning. CPU AI even seems aggressive around the box minus a few needed passes. Just a lot more refined as a game over 14.

# 64 aholbert32 @ 09/09/14 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
This excites me soooo much that people are enjoying this game. If the fouls really work, Ill be speechless
It still depends heavily on who the ref is. The first game I played was with a ref who had a strict/average rating and he called 3 fouls in the 8 minute game (which is good). The second one was with a ref who had a average/lenient rating and only one foul was called and there were 3 other plays where fouls shouldve been called.

# 65 fearwhatnow @ 09/09/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It still depends heavily on who the ref is. The first game I played was with a ref who had a strict/average rating and he called 3 fouls in the 8 minute game (which is good). The second one was with a ref who had a average/lenient rating and only one foul was called and there were 3 other plays where fouls shouldve been called.
EA needs to improve or even remove this ref rate feature. A foul is a foul in a football videogame. It's too difficult to simulate a really lenient English ref especially when your engine still needs a lot of refinement in the detection collision area. If you want to do this in a videogame just isolate the feature in the penalty area.

# 66 orion523 @ 09/09/14 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I have seen it too, but mine was on a 1 on 1 and the ball almost hit the CPU goalie with him just standing still. I know that happens in real life, but usually the ball is too far away to make the play. Crazy thing is a bit later he made a diving stop on a shot that was going way wide of the post that he should have then stood and watched. Hopefully it is just a demo thing.

Besides that one moment, I have been impressed. Atmosphere is amazing, graphics, pitch, and animations are stunning. CPU AI even seems aggressive around the box minus a few needed passes. Just a lot more refined as a game over 14.
Considering the big deal they've made of the keepers I'm sure it'll be fixed come the release build(I'm guessing the demo build is at least a month old), so I'm not too worried, but otherwise, damn this game is good.

# 67 aholbert32 @ 09/09/14 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
EA needs to improve or even remove this ref rate feature. A foul is a foul in a football videogame. It's too difficult to simulate a really lenient English ref especially when your engine still needs a lot of refinement in the detection collision area. If you want to do this in a videogame just isolate the feature in the penalty area.
I dont have a big issue with it since there are ways to control who the ref is in all modes. It gives people variety. People like me who want a strict ref all the time can control it. People who want variety can get that too.

# 68 aholbert32 @ 09/09/14 09:24 AM
Dont know if this was the case last year but Premier League games have real refs. Mark Clattenburg was the ref in my Liverpool/Chelsea game and he is a real ref.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg

# 69 fearwhatnow @ 09/09/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
I dont have a big issue with it since there are ways to control who the ref is in all modes. It gives people variety. People like me who want a strict ref all the time can control it. People who want variety can get that too.
If they want to do it that way, they need to have the whole package. This means variable calls on offsides too like irl. This is a videogame. It's technology. Like the goal line technology that was implemented recently. As I said a foul is a foul no matter what. Offside too.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 09/09/14 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
If they want to do it that way, they need to have the whole package. This means variable calls on offsides too like irl. This is a videogame. It's technology. Like the goal line technology that was implemented recently. As I said a foul is a foul no matter what. Offside too.
I dont quite understand that. In real life, a ref decides if the amount of contact is considered a foul. The ref has the discretion to make that decision. In the game, its the same thing. One ref's AI may look at the contact and say its a foul and another one may feel different. I agree about the variable offsides call though.

# 71 fearwhatnow @ 09/09/14 09:45 AM
Quote:
I dont quite understand that. In real life, a ref decides if the amount of contact is considered a foul. The ref has the discretion to make that decision. In the game, its the same thing. One ref's AI may look at the contact and say its a foul and another one may feel different. I agree about the variable offsides call though.
Exactly: The amount of contact. This engine is not capable of achieving this right now. It just chooses in random which "fouls" will not be called by the lenient ref.

# 72 bad_philanthropy @ 09/09/14 10:11 AM
Have a PS4, but got a chance to play the XB1 demo earlier.

I was extremely impressed. I played FIFA 14 on 360 and PS4 more than any other game last year, and when this has happened in the past I'm usually a bit burnt out and unimpressed come the next version. Not the case here. It's just the package we expect out of a AAA sports title. It does small detail, gameplay, and is on the cutting edge visually. I'm going to play this one a long time.

# 73 orion523 @ 09/09/14 10:55 AM
Does anyone feel that the pitch is bigger than 14? For me, I always felt that FIFA had small playing surfaces causing the players to bunch up sometimes, this year tho it feels much much better, but it could just be me LOL.

# 74 Altimus @ 09/09/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Dont know if this was the case last year but Premier League games have real refs. Mark Clattenburg was the ref in my Liverpool/Chelsea game and he is a real ref.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg
Nooooooooo... that means I'll be finishing with 10 men in my Chelsea CM if Clattenburg is in the game.

But on a serious note, that's really cool.

# 75 ecantona99 @ 09/09/14 11:19 AM
So I'm playing the Xbox360 demo.

On the positive side, I'm liking playing on World Class and slow this year. Couldn't play on WC on 14 because it was too cheap. I see more parallel runs with the defensive line by and a conscious effort by the strikers not to be offside. Also, as stated by other posters, I see more fouls this year which pleases me to no end. I have earned 3 penalties in 3 games and they all seem to be justified.

On the negative side, I see a few control issues with passing. I was also under the impression that positioning of players could be modified from the pause menu, but it looks like that's not the case. Lastly, it seems more like a refinement for the 360 moreso than a new game.

Overall though I am liking it and I think it will be a first day purchase.

# 76 made in eu @ 09/09/14 11:22 AM
Can someone tell me if height and zoom of broadcast camera(not tele broadcast) are adjustable?

# 77 Scary Larry @ 09/09/14 11:28 AM
Have they fixed the passing issues on this? Hate it when a pass goes to the wrong player.

# 78 Shadak @ 09/09/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecantona99
So I'm playing the Xbox360 demo.

On the positive side, I'm liking playing on World Class and slow this year. Couldn't play on WC on 14 because it was too cheap. I see more parallel runs with the defensive line by and a conscious effort by the strikers not to be offside. Also, as stated by other posters, I see more fouls this year which pleases me to no end. I have earned 3 penalties in 3 games and they all seem to be justified.

On the negative side, I see a few control issues with passing. I was also under the impression that positioning of players could be modified from the pause menu, but it looks like that's not the case. Lastly, it seems more like a refinement for the 360 moreso than a new game.

Overall though I am liking it and I think it will be a first day purchase.
Wouldnt surprise me if they did the same for FIFA old gen as NHL

# 79 Turbojugend @ 09/09/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Larry
Have they fixed the passing issues on this? Hate it when a pass goes to the wrong player.
Switch to manual.

# 80 grizzlies317 @ 09/09/14 12:04 PM
I've been a bit skeptical prior to the release of the last couple of FIFA games, but I am thoroughly impressed with this demo. The way the players move, the ball physics, the realism...it's refreshing to say the least. The player models are much improved, of course it helps with all the real player faces. And someone mentioned having real Premier League refs, which is really cool. I had Robert Madley last match against Chelsea. Very cool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.