Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports will completely remove Ray Rice from Madden NFL 15 in the next roster update, which is scheduled to arrive later this week.

UPDATE: The official Madden NFL 15 twitter account has just made it official. The roster update arrives on Friday.

Source - Mike Garafolo: FOX Sports 1 NFL insider

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BadAssHskr @ 09/09/14 11:17 AM
see, this is the thing that's going to drive me absolutely ape. i have my cfm all ready to go to play my first pre season game tonight, now having rice in the game, will bug me to death knowing a new roster is coming out to shank him.

# 2 Gagnon39 @ 09/09/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Source tells @FOXSports1 that @EASPORTS will remove Ray Rice from Madden '15 as part of Wk 1 update. Won't be on Ravens or free agent lists.
That's why I always just go ahead and move forward. You have to just pretend that your CFM is your own little NFL universe. It's impossible for everything to stay exactly like it is in real life forever. I just roll with it. I'll be playing with him in the game.

# 3 azdawgpound @ 09/09/14 11:25 AM
even if they remove him I believe he will still be in the cfm roster because EA has removed players before but yet there coded into the cfm file.

take for example they removed vilma a few yrs back for the bounty stuff but yet in cfm he was still in the game then when he got put back into the game there was 2 vilma's in your cfm.

also last yr in 25 EA removed WR Anthony Armstrong so when the browns signed him... I had to rename a player with same exp yrs as him... so I started up a cfm... going through the FA wr's and who's sitting in the WR's? none other then the REAL Armstrong.

Same with the chiefs LB again few yrs back they removed him from game but yet in cfm he was in the FA pool.

# 4 Shon 23 @ 09/09/14 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
That's why I always just go ahead and move forward. You have to just pretend that your CFM is your own little NFL universe. It's impossible for everything to stay exactly like it is in real life forever. I just roll with it. I'll be playing with him in the game.
I completely hear you about it being your own little universe. I did that in M25, when I brought in to develop Tebow (don't hate! lol) after Brees retired after one year.

But I'm also a little annal about the situation, and just actually set up my week 1 online CFM, but I think I'll hold off until he's gone. To each his own I supposed. I respect your opinion on the subject though.

# 5 Shon 23 @ 09/09/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
even if they remove him I believe he will still be in the cfm roster because EA has removed players before but yet there coded into the cfm file.

take for example they removed vilma a few yrs back for the bounty stuff but yet in cfm he was still in the game then when he got put back into the game there was 2 vilma's in your cfm.

also last yr in 25 EA removed WR Anthony Armstrong so when the browns signed him... I had to rename a player with same exp yrs as him... so I started up a cfm... going through the FA wr's and who's sitting in the WR's? none other then the REAL Armstrong.

Same with the chiefs LB again few yrs back they removed him from game but yet in cfm he was in the FA pool.
That is interesting. I wonder if the same issue will happen again. I think they probably remove all trace of him being in-game this go around somehow, though. lol

# 6 azdawgpound @ 09/09/14 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
That is interesting. I wonder if the same issue will happen again. I think they probably remove all trace of him being in-game this go around somehow, though. lol

yea lets hope so I believe they did the same with hernandez as we'll but like I said I know its happen before where they removed players and they was still in the FA Pool.

# 7 Sheba2011 @ 09/09/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
see, this is the thing that's going to drive me absolutely ape. i have my cfm all ready to go to play my first pre season game tonight, now having rice in the game, will bug me to death knowing a new roster is coming out to shank him.
Can't you just not download the new roster?

# 8 BleedGreen710 @ 09/09/14 12:12 PM
HES MY STARTING HALFBACK ON ULTIMATE TEAM

GOD DAMNET

hopefully theres a new collection where you can trade in ray rice for a coin reward

# 9 azdawgpound @ 09/09/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Can't you just not download the new roster?

not if he started his cfm he would have to restart it if he wants new updated roster.

# 10 Sheba2011 @ 09/09/14 12:17 PM
I do love the NFL and team reacting after the fact. Everyone knew he beat his wife a few months ago but we heard all the PR crap about "he made a mistake" and "he is a changed man". Now that there is a video it is suddenly a huge deal. I don't blame EA at all as this was out of their hands but I congratulate them for doing the right thing.

The best part of this whole thing is Ray McDonald and Greg Hardy still played this week. I guess domestic abuse is only bad when there is a video, when there isn't the NFL can easily sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

# 11 Shon 23 @ 09/09/14 12:21 PM
On second thought, who knows how long before the next roster date comes out. It might be this evening or tomorrow, or the next day.

I also just set up an online CFM, as I am tired of waiting for offline CFM to be fixed, so I'm ready get gaming. I think I'll just go ahead and start my CFM. I already my my depth chart adjustments and schemes adjustments (still trying figure out if that matters lol), so I am going to start my first pre-season game tonight. To hell with it.

Once offline CFM is fixed and I switch back to that, he'll be gone.. so that's fine.

# 12 azdawgpound @ 09/09/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
On second thought, who knows how long before the next roster date comes out. It might be this evening or tomorrow, or the next day.

I also just set up an online CFM, as I am tired of waiting for offline CFM to be fixed, so I'm ready get gaming. I think I'll just go ahead and start my CFM. I already my my depth chart adjustments and schemes adjustments (still trying figure out if that matters lol), so I am going to start my first pre-season game tonight. To hell with it.

Once offline CFM is fixed and I switch back to that, he'll be gone.. so that's fine.

its posted in the OP thread it says it comes out Friday.

# 13 Shon 23 @ 09/09/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
its posted in the OP thread it says it comes out Friday.
Whoops, missed that. Well then, I'm definitely going to just go ahead and start my CFM then. Not waiting that long, since online CFM is the only mode with any fixes right now.

# 14 TexasFan2005 @ 09/09/14 12:55 PM
I wish there was just some way to start a franchise mode and there be an option to have the rosters update from within the franchise. I always do my best in editing teams on my own by controlling all 32 teams (which is a huge pain to even start the 32 team franchise), but players are always missing and depth charts can never be close to 100% accurate. I think that in 2014 we should have some kind of roster import from within an already-started franchise mode; if it's already in there, then I'm just not seeing it.

I just can't wait until late October/early November to start a franchise from the beginning. I like to keep things as close to real life as possible, playing the games week by week as the real season is going along.

# 15 Poke @ 09/09/14 01:04 PM
This is BS! Leave him in the game!

# 16 Sheba2011 @ 09/09/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I wish there was just some way to start a franchise mode and there be an option to have the rosters update from within the franchise. I always do my best in editing teams on my own by controlling all 32 teams (which is a huge pain to even start the 32 team franchise), but players are always missing and depth charts can never be close to 100% accurate. I think that in 2014 we should have some kind of roster import from within an already-started franchise mode; if it's already in there, then I'm just not seeing it.

I just can't wait until late October/early November to start a franchise from the beginning. I like to keep things as close to real life as possible, playing the games week by week as the real season is going along.
I think the reason they don't have a feature like that is because it only works for 32 team control. With out that once you start a franchise it is your own world and once teams start cutting and singing players that feature is useless and would probably mess things up if people tried to use it.

When you say keep things as close as possible to the real NFL, do you play the games so they match up exactly to the real games? Like for this week will Miami beat New England 33-20? I am not calling you out just curious as that seems like it would take a lot of work to do.

# 17 Sheba2011 @ 09/09/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
This is BS! Leave him in the game!
He is no longer part of the NFL, why should he be in the game? His contract was terminated and he was suspended indefinitely by the league. There is even talk of him being kicked out of the union at this point.

# 18 The Yurpman @ 09/09/14 01:07 PM
I figured this was coming so I went and lowered Rice's attributes to around a 67 overall or so, released him from the Ravens, and then started my CFM. Rice is sitting in FA and will never be signed.

Problem solved.

# 19 TexasFan2005 @ 09/09/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
When you say keep things as close as possible to the real NFL, do you play the games so they match up exactly to the real games? Like for this week will Miami beat New England 33-20? I am not calling you out just curious as that seems like it would take a lot of work to do.
Yep, I like to choose the same uniforms, arrange the depth charts as closely as possible, and control the winning team. In this case, it's going to be a bit difficult beating NE since I'm not the best player in the world, but I'll try for a few games. If I can't beat NE after a couple, I'll just sim the game and move on. I know I can't get results 100% the same as in real life, but I like to try anyways. It's really the only way I can enjoy Madden.

# 20 Sheba2011 @ 09/09/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
not if he started his cfm he would have to restart it if he wants new updated roster.
If he already started what does he need a new roster for? At one point do you just play your CFM? Do you start a new one every-time a new roster is released?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.