Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

A couple of NBA Live 15 gameplay videos have popped up on Instagram this morning.

Video #1

Video #2

Thanks to @tdawgsmitty!

UPDATE: Looks like the videos have been deleted.

UPDATE #2: NotYourAverageFlight has uploaded the videos to his YouTube channel.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 WTF @ 09/10/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Now that I've seen it I agree it looks rough.

In one video I liked the cut by George that left Hill open for the pass in the out of bounds play; found terrible that Pacers #2 disregarded Westbrook aggressive attempt to steal the ball, he could've protected the ball or drive to his right but stood still and got stripped.

In the second video I thought that the entry pass to the post seemed floaty, going up in a weird way; nice that number #2 cut with speed to the corner while Hill went to the basket, it was awful how any of the three Thunder players didn't go for the rebound, how's that possible?

And those animations were painful to watch specially when Hill attacked to the basket, I know that they added signature animations but how about the basic ones? They have or should've stepped up in that department, how can they still have some bad ones after all these years?
It is USER vs USER. That's why the Pacers player stood still even though Westbrook was trying to pick him. If you want to "guard/protect" the ball, you manually have to do it.

The rebounding, that is an issue that I saw though. Not sure what's going on with that in the video.

# 102 da ThRONe @ 09/10/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It is USER vs USER. That's why the Pacers player stood still even though Westbrook was trying to pick him. If you want to "guard/protect" the ball, you manually have to do it.

The rebounding, that is an issue that I saw though. Not sure what's going on with that in the video.

I figured someone was controlling the ball handler that's the only thing that made sense which is why I didn't comment on it. However what happen after what the defender reacting to the lose ball is going to be a major problem if that isn't fixed.

# 103 da ThRONe @ 09/10/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Looks like the issue where players have to be to close to the rim (almost inside the paint) to start a layup or dunk gather is still in the game, which caused George Hill to do a turn around fade away jumper instead of going up of a layup attempt. KD looks to big, no facial expression. Overall the game looks much improved, not worth $60 but Ill definitely pay $20-$30 for it.

It's too early to say. EA touts giving players control maybe the user just press the wrong button that trigger the wrong action. This is one of those things were you have to play it yourself to know whether or not it was a mistake on the users part. Either way the end results weren't pretty.

# 104 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Looks like the issue where players have to be to close to the rim (almost inside the paint) to start a layup or dunk gather is still in the game, which caused George Hill to do a turn around fade away jumper instead of going up of a layup attempt. KD looks to big, no facial expression. Overall the game looks much improved, not worth $60 but Ill definitely pay $20-$30 for it.
How many players do you know that can do a standing layup through three defenders? That was actually a contextually accurate shot selection lol. Not a smart shot by any means, but a layup wouldn't have been possible there.

# 105 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hibbert didn't slide on the pass out, that was his pivot foot, he swung it around as you'd expect if you're making that distance of a pass.

Watch it at .25 speed.

The game will play more like Live 10 in my eyes. This is not a great representation of the game I don't believe.

Again, the lack of movement off of ball is due to the game shipping with Auto Motion Off. Turn it on immediately once you get the game or demo.
WTF, have you played the game, or seen it in action outside of these videos? It seems like you know more than what has been shown thus far.

# 106 bigeastbumrush @ 09/10/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
I will be getting live 15 and nba 2k15. But some of the things people are bashing about live 2k15 does worse. Put it this way (for now atleast) Imo: Better Gameplay - Live 15
Overall Game(Game modes) 2k-15. I will be getting both so i doesnt really matter
What makes you say that???

# 107 magicman32 @ 09/10/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hibbert didn't slide on the pass out, that was his pivot foot, he swung it around as you'd expect if you're making that distance of a pass.

Watch it at .25 speed.

The game will play more like Live 10 in my eyes. This is not a great representation of the game I don't believe.

Again, the lack of movement off of ball is due to the game shipping with Auto Motion Off. Turn it on immediately once you get the game or demo.
I disagree. He slid on the pass. I'm not about to slow the video down. I'm watching it in real time thanks. The more I watch the vid, the less impressed I get. That George Hill his sequence was just flat out bad. He travelled and there was sliding there also. And it looks like they gave him Kobe's sig fadaway. LOL. I will give the demo a try though to see for myself how the game plays.

# 108 carvis#15 @ 09/10/14 05:14 PM
Man idk what in the world people see to say that Live's KD looks better than 2k. "What in the blue moon!" (QJB voice).

# 109 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
How many players do you know that can do a standing layup through three defenders? That was actually a contextually accurate shot selection lol. Not a smart shot by any means, but a layup wouldn't have been possible there.

Depends on when he pressed the shot button...I still think he did a crossover deep in the paint for some odd reason...and that caused the weird looking transition into the shot...

I really hope so....because other wise....yeesh

# 110 aholbert32 @ 09/10/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
I will be getting live 15 and nba 2k15. But some of the things people are bashing about live 2k15 does worse. Put it this way (for now atleast) Imo: Better Gameplay - Live 15
Overall Game(Game modes) 2k-15. I will be getting both so i doesnt really matter
I'm interested in how you define gameplay. Also we've seen less than 10 minutes of the games combined and none of the final versions. How can you say what game has better gameplay at this point

Now if you are basing these off of last years versions...I don't know how anyone could say lives gameplay was better. Different? Yes. better? No unless u like a lack of animations and basic basketball issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 111 BiggD @ 09/10/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Watch it at .25 speed.

That is the problem though, This is the only "representation" we have (other then the 3 15 sec clips) If EA don't want it judge off this then give us something else to go off

# 112 SageInfinite @ 09/10/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
What kinda sense does that make? Why is that even in the game?

# 113 youvalss @ 09/10/14 07:02 PM
I missed the party, videos are gone, was just able to watch the little youtube piece. After reading here and there some minor impressions, I think this game will take A LOT of gameplay videos (demo would be better, of course) to help me decide once I buy a PS4. I'm starting to get the feeling that you can't trust a single (even decent length) ok gameplay video, because the next one you watch might just happen to show the things you don't like at all. And so on and on.

# 114 youvalss @ 09/10/14 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I wouldn't be surprised if the game also has the option to change between Live 07 and Live 15 gameplay. By default it's set to...Live 07.

Seriously, you're right, this is just weird.

# 115 WTF @ 09/10/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Sage, man, your guess is as good as mine. Turn it on, and instant off ball movement, like a motion type offense depending on where you dribble on the court, or who you pass to.

# 116 loosey101 @ 09/10/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Sage, man, your guess is as good as mine. Turn it on, and instant off ball movement, like a motion type offense depending on where you dribble on the court, or who you pass to.
I guess these dudes missed last year because that was a major issue they had to address.

# 117 aholbert32 @ 09/10/14 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
I guess these dudes missed last year because that was a major issue they had to address.
What is the purpose of that feature anyway? Why would u need an option for off ball movement?

# 118 nick_sr @ 09/10/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What is the purpose of that feature anyway? Why would u need an option for off ball movement?

absolutely disappointed its still in the game!!!!! the players should move as soon as you get on offense!!!! turning on some feature to do so is beyond ridiculous!!!!!

watched the video again and I still see a lot of live 14 which makes me wonder how much time was spent on gp.

# 119 loosey101 @ 09/10/14 08:24 PM
I'm with you guys, I mean it's cool they included it but I just enabled it last year and was done with it.

# 120 King_B_Mack @ 09/10/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

I'm not buying that excuse anyway. They said the same thing last year. Turn it on and you get off ball movement. Turn it on last year and it was barely any difference.

Then with this now. In the videos that they released with their open letter that you have to assume was played by them there was no off ball movement. Why the hell would the dev team be playing the game with that off? These Expo vids, okay cool, maybe it was off because you're gonna let outsiders play the game. But you're a dev recording gameplay and you don't have it on? Nah. Not buying.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.