Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 hesko @ 09/11/14 02:40 PM
J
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Im interested in what people were expecting. It looks like a 2k game. It looks like an improved 2k14 which is what everyone shouldve been expecting.

What game offers SIGNIFICANT gameplay changes year to year? Madden looks like an improved Madden 25 with new presentation elements. Same with FIFA. Same with the Show. Same with Live.

Why do people expect to be blown away every year when no sports video game ever do that?
guessing cause they expecting those $60.
seriously though with the "power" of the new systems, I'd expect more gameplay changes rather than just graphical ones as there should be. Just saying cause player movement now should not be like older versions of 2k. Why would a player do a two handed over head pass to his teammate right in front of his face. The way they move is like they don't know that they're in a game. Those extra animations could be used to really bring the players to life and make use of this whole "living worlds" thing. If you can mimic the crowd leaving early due to the score then I'm sure they can give the players some sort of awareness on the court.

# 42 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
What do we expect?

We expect big improvements. No more floaty passes, better sprinting animation, no more dumb hick-ups after a basket or a foul where players bump each other like they blind lol and etc..
What other sports game does that year to year when it comes to gameplay?

# 43 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Looks like the same gameplay we're used to, which isn't the worst thing I suppose. Some negatives that I saw were...

- Spacing around 1:40. If you didn't get the pass at the beginning of the play at the wing, Varejao, get yourself down to the block or go set a screen, don't just stand there

-That K Love shooting foul animation, ew.

-Amount of time it takes between a foul call and for everyone to move to set up for the free throws. They look brain dead. Also amount of time for the ref to pass the ball for those free throws, get moving!

-Durant's fade away looked stiff, to sideways instead f straight back, didn't look fluid

-The emotion animations look forced, they don't seem believable to me. I know that sounds weird but those animations just seem stiff.
Thats actually pretty realistic.

# 44 Earl1963 @ 09/11/14 02:44 PM
Looks exactly the same as last years, so I'm sticking with that.

Sent using a telephone

# 45 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
J
guessing cause they expecting those $60.
seriously though with the "power" of the new systems, I'd expect more gameplay changes rather than just graphical ones as there should be. Just saying cause player movement now should not be like older versions of 2k. Why would a player do a two handed over head pass to his teammate right in front of his face. The way they move is like they don't know that they're in a game. Those extra animations could be used to really bring the players to life and make use of this whole "living worlds" thing. If you can mimic the crowd leaving early due to the score then I'm sure they can give the players some sort of awareness on the court.
See you have it wrong. They arent expecting your money. They are hoping that you will buy what they have to offer. If you guys are expecting huge leaps year to year, you should never by a sports game back to back years because you will never be happy.

# 46 magicman32 @ 09/11/14 02:46 PM
Beautiful. Looks a lot smoother than 14. It looks like they slowed the game down which is great. Gameplay looks awesome.

# 47 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Looks exactly the same as last years, so I'm sticking with that.

Sent using a telephone
See I can respect this. He didnt see any major changes and he wants major changes before he will spend his money. Now I question making a decision based on 3 minutes of gameplay but thats his decision to make.

# 48 biatch0 @ 09/11/14 02:48 PM
What got my hopes up (a little) is that I didn't see the entire team collapsing into the paint as soon as someone drives leaving a shooter (or multiple shooters) open on the perimeter. The defense appears to be slightly less brain dead than on 2k14, but then again this is just a short clip and they could have easily gone "brain neutral" for the rest of the match... but hey... hopes up right?

# 49 thedream2k13 @ 09/11/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
Just looks like 2k14, same animations, same cut scenes don't know wasp with 2k anymore they just play it safe or focus on adding extra game modes instead of improving or revamping the gameplay.

Still pre ordered.
its called basketball. Who do you make it look completely different every year?

# 50 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The game's aren't held to the same standard, which is why I hardly visit this forum. I'm happy with the game, no need for me to discuss it in detail.

Make a solid game and it's the "same" and "stale". Make games so terrible they can't release and people are jumping for joy because you actually released a product. Make minor improvements they're crowning you....
This. Thats why I never post in most forums past release day. I'd rather enjoy the game than see people nitpick or point out flaws and glitches. Post release I'm only in the slider and roster forums.

# 51 kurt2134 @ 09/11/14 02:51 PM
It seems like this happens every year when these clips come out of people who aren't experienced with the game and it's on a lower difficulty.

It's clearly not the best showcase for improvements but everyone always falls into the same trap of saying "looks like crap, looks like last year, etc."

I'm not saying it won't be but I am saying you shouldn't let clips like this give you a negative outlook on the game. I've been playing quite a bit of 2k14 lately and I think the game looks to be more responsive on offense and defense. There doesn't seem to be as many drawn out animations which I like. I do agree about the floaty passes but there were a few that seemed slightly improved.

# 52 Saro1 @ 09/11/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Why do they just default the center to be the one at the tip-off.

It's never Perkins for the Thunder it's always Ibaka. Wish we could customise who the jumper is.
I think so, it's perfect if we have the possibility to choose who the jumper is.

In the Spurs the center is Thiago Splitter but Duncan is the jumper.

# 53 El_Poopador @ 09/11/14 02:55 PM
I couldn't get a whole lot from this. I noticed a lot of sliding/warping though, which is one of my biggest complaints, especially with on-ball defenders. The sequence from 1:10-1:15 hurt the most. Westbrook sliding into place after going through Varejao, Irving not taking the open three (although if that was user-controlled, nevermind; it was user error), and Jackson's closeout/contest speed (from the paint to the perimeter before Waiters caught the pass and squared up) are things that really bugged me last year. Same with the Love post play at 4:13; he gets the step on the defender, but he slides back in front of Love to lead into a different animation for the shot contest.

I really liked the little clip of Ibaka showing the frustration on the ground after the moving screen. Didn't see that last year. It adds a nice sense of realism to it. I like the new scorebug as well.

Side note, how is Varejao's hair still so messed up? Just copy/paste the Asian cheerleader's hair from the trailer on him and call it a day lol.

# 54 bateman11 @ 09/11/14 02:56 PM
these vids don't do the game any justice, honestly. You can't really see any major differences at first glance.

I just hope this game is atleast as good as ps3/2k14 with good sliders. PS4 version was barely playable. Im stoked for myleague, though.

Passing still horrendous =/

# 55 Cowboy008 @ 09/11/14 02:56 PM
I can't really judge anything based on a few minutes of gameplay. The graphics look good though.

# 56 Goffs @ 09/11/14 02:57 PM
lol I just knew coming in the thread the first comments were going to be "it looks the same"

I'm cool with that...2k's got a winning formula that doesn't need a 3 week delay. I'm ready for som dev insights! Bring em on!

# 57 Taer @ 09/11/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
It seems like this happens every year when these clips come out of people who aren't experienced with the game and it's on a lower difficulty.

It's clearly not the best showcase for improvements but everyone always falls into the same trap of saying "looks like crap, looks like last year, etc."
The best thing to watch on these early clips is all the off-ball movement and the players not being impacted by the user's input.

With the exclusion at the 1:40 mark, already pointed out, I saw better off-ball positioning and reactions than I see in 2k14.

This type of concern is a high priority for DaCzar so I have little doubt that his influence will be seen in the final release version.

# 58 Rams_3 @ 09/11/14 03:00 PM
It looks like 2k14. Not a bad thing but not anything new that jumps out. Still picking it up but disappointed.

# 59 seanbarkley @ 09/11/14 03:01 PM
Really like the presentation and gameplay is just 2K's style, which is not a bad thing at all!

Things I really liked:

- Player gear. Love to see all the players wearing correct accessories with correct colors. THANK U SO MUCH BEDS!

- Kevin Love cyberface. Just impressive!

The only thing I didn't like:

Press area behind the baseline. Why is it always that empty? It's something that has been reported for years and just adding some people there would make the court look much better.

# 60 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
i didn't see the shot meter under the cavs or the thunder players.
That option can be turned off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.