Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Twitter user @javibbns sent me these videos he captured from the NBA House in Madrid.

Confirmed player ratings:

Lakers

J. Lin - 77
K. Bryant - 89
W. Johnson - 73
C. Boozer - 78
J. Hill - 76
N. Young - 78
E. Davis - 73
J. Randle - 76
S. Nash - 76
R. Kelly 71
R. Sacre - 67
J. Clarkson - 70
X. Henry - 73

Warriors

S. Curry - 89
K. Thompson - 82
A. Iguodala - 82
D. Lee - 82
A. Bogut - 80
H. Barnes - 76
D. Green - 77
S. Livingston - 74
M. Speights - 72
B. Rush - 69
D. Kuzmic - 67
N. Nedovic - 67
F. Ezeli - 67

Lakers and Warriors Ratings

NBA 2K15 Game Intro Cavs vs. Knicks

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Knicks vs. Cavs Part 1

NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Knicks vs. Cavs Part 2

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mlp111 @ 09/13/14 09:08 AM
Looked great.... however why isnt melo face updated? He's a superstar!

# 102 Optimus James @ 09/13/14 09:18 AM
The user used Irving to bait his defender at mid court with a hesitation dribble then in-out crossover and ended up with a wide open jump shot near the FT line...

hopefully CPU AI is not that dumb online.

# 103 angelstrout @ 09/13/14 06:25 PM
Ball to rim animations are awful, the basketball needs to have more life when it hits the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 angelstrout @ 09/13/14 06:30 PM
metal object vs rubber object needs much better physics, congrats 2K on working on only modes this yr the gameplay wasn't touch as I see . Horrible!

# 105 tsbmolina @ 09/13/14 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
metal object vs rubber object needs much better physics, congrats 2K on working on only modes this yr the gameplay wasn't touch as I see . Horrible!

Your joking right?

# 106 angelstrout @ 09/13/14 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Your joking right?

If you see any improvements on this please correct me, the ball those not react like that in real life. That's my opinion, 2K hasn't work on this in yrs.

# 107 evanreyes @ 09/14/14 09:55 PM
Nash should be a lot better, at least an 80, out of respect. If Kobe is an 89, Nash is an 80. As a Warriors fan, Barnes isn't as good as him and Green isn't better.
Curry is better than Kobe.

# 108 turty11 @ 09/14/14 10:40 PM
i got nash as a 74 in 2k14..so thats like a 77 in 2k15 prob

# 109 VDusen04 @ 09/14/14 11:54 PM
Quote:
Ball to rim animations are awful, the basketball needs to have more life when it hits the rim.
Quote:
metal object vs rubber object needs much better physics.
I kind of noticed that as well, though obviously the sample size is incredibly small thus far. Still, that seems to be something just about every single basketball video game has struggled with. Sometimes it seems like the ball is flat when it hits the iron, with friendly bounces seemingly occurring with an unusually high frequency.

# 110 SteboSSK @ 09/15/14 12:06 AM
If you're arguing that Steph is better than Kobe going forward due Kobe's age/injuries I can buy that but if you're saying that Steph is better than Kobe considering how Kobe looked right before he tore his achilles I call BS. Steph is a great player but Kobe was a dominant player.

# 111 SageInfinite @ 09/15/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Court size is really bad or the players are too big.

The game has spacing issues, but cmon.......

# 112 23 @ 09/15/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Court size is really bad or the players are too big.

Bad angle, bad picture to use

But lets use your pictures.....

How many steps would it take JR Smith to reach the paint from that corner?

OK now how about the guy (Delonte West) in that real pic?

It's about the same..and we've had this convo before. Its all about the players not about the court size. It was a definite issue in the past, but no so much now size wise moreso than the players themselves how they wre in 2k14 which I presume their (time constraints, making multiple games, etc..) really killed it, because players would bump into eachother and jumble up at times... call and iso and a man would run right to you instead of away.

If you've ever been to a real game before then you'd see. Phil Jackson on quite a few occassions used to lobby about the NBA making the court bigger because of the players being bigger now.

# 113 lakers24 @ 09/15/14 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
The court is too small tho (or players too big...either way). It was last year too. It shouldn't be that hard to get the scale right.
What he's saying is both are pretty accurate, the problem is the way the A.I does spacing and runs plays(which is terrible most times). The other game compensates for that by having court to player ratios off big time but since it's a videogame it feels better because you're not relying on A.I to open the floor up.

# 114 Sundown @ 09/15/14 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
The court is too small tho (or players too big...either way). It was last year too. It shouldn't be that hard to get the scale right.

I'm pretty bloody sure the court size is right and that 2K can manage to model a court properly based on published NBA specs and properly scale it to player heights.

What people think is the court being "too small" is probably some other issue, like limbs being too thick on smaller players, some heads, hands or feet being too big, jerseys and shorts bagging too much, or spacing problems.

# 115 L_Diddy @ 09/15/14 06:07 AM
Man I really hope the spacing is fixed in this game. Its definitely the one area of gameplay I want to see fixed and is the reason I stopped playing 2k14. Fingers crossed.

# 116 El_Poopador @ 09/15/14 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Bad angle, bad picture to use

But lets use your pictures.....

How many steps would it take JR Smith to reach the paint from that corner?

OK now how about the guy (Delonte West) in that real pic?

It's about the same..and we've had this convo before. Its all about the players not about the court size. It was a definite issue in the past, but no so much now size wise moreso than the players themselves how they wre in 2k14 which I presume their (time constraints, making multiple games, etc..) really killed it, because players would bump into eachother and jumble up at times... call and iso and a man would run right to you instead of away.

If you've ever been to a real game before then you'd see. Phil Jackson on quite a few occassions used to lobby about the NBA making the court bigger because of the players being bigger now.
I'm actually looking at the length of the court from the baseline to the top of the key. I think that's where the issue is. Looking at those two pictures, it doesn't seem long enough in the game. In the real pic, Delonte is a good two steps from both the baseline and the wing (where the arc begins). In the 2k pic, Smith is pretty much right in the corner, but still only two steps away from the wing.

Or, my mind may just be a bit biased because I've played 2k so much, and I'm used to players being able to cover too much ground too quickly. The size ratio may be perfect, but the lack of a solid momentum system makes the players seem too big/court seem to small.

Edit: Just threw this together really quick, using the two images from above. I resized the 2k picture until the 3point line on the far side was the same length as the one in the real picture, then just copy/pasted two of the 2k players into the real life picture in roughly the same positions.

# 117 bpietro @ 09/15/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Edit: Just threw this together really quick, using the two images from above. I resized the 2k picture until the 3point line on the far side was the same length as the one in the real picture, then just copy/pasted two of the 2k players into the real life picture in roughly the same positions.
don't get me wrong. I agree with you, but you can't just take a videogame image which clearly is a lot closer than the real one, crop a player and throw in there to use as proof. not even the angle is the same on both images.

# 118 ffaacc03 @ 09/15/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpietro
don't get me wrong. I agree with you, but you can't just take a videogame image which clearly is a lot closer than the real one, crop a player and throw in there to use as proof. not even the angle is the same on both images.
Yeap, since they are not from the same distance/angle and perspective, the ratio of players nor courts applies if you switch them.

# 119 El_Poopador @ 09/15/14 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpietro
I was just trying to illustrate my point without putting too much work into it. I made a single part of the court (the far-side three point line) the same size, to demonstrate that some parts are not in the same proportion. Copy/pasting the players was just to add a little emphasis. JR Smith was in the same spot in both images, with the three point line being equal sizes, but he clearly took up much more space than any other player in the real life picture.

The angle/perspective are very close, in spite of it being opposite ends of the floor.

# 120 Sundown @ 09/15/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I was just trying to illustrate my point without putting too much work into it. I made a single part of the court (the far-side three point line) the same size, to demonstrate that some parts are not in the same proportion. Copy/pasting the players was just to add a little emphasis. JR Smith was in the same spot in both images, with the three point line being equal sizes, but he clearly took up much more space than any other player in the real life picture.

The angle/perspective are very close, in spite of it being opposite ends of the floor.

JR Smith's head lines up above the rim in the pasted pic when it was below in the 2K shot. He's not remotely close to being properly sized. He's like 7'4" in that pic. Amare? looks 8'2". Lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.