Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 gameplay video from IpodKingCarter, featuring the Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks.

Post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Da_Czar @ 09/13/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
P.S:
Didnt liked how, once a player picks up his dribbling, the teammates still dont have the awareness to move into a better positioning to receive the subsequent pass ... hopefully that makes it way onto 16, long time overdue ... and you/they have come to expect from me: better if it is editable on a per team basis, just so we can choose to do not have it on for the bad offensive teams, so we can reflect the lack of awareness and cohesiveness of such teams.
Were still working on that ffaacc03 it's not consistent enough right now. Sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesn't You will be able to see shortly where I spent most of my time this year but stuff like this is on the list.

Much to my disdain I discovered that even with 80 hour weeks it is impossible to get to everything and do it well. I was shocked how much work it takes sometimes to accomplish such small things.

So we are aware and will get it squared at some point. The current solution is just not dependable enough as you can see. Then sometimes they come a running LOL!

# 42 ekferio @ 09/13/14 09:10 PM
I hated that "force pickup" animation from 2k14 where they cut you off the dribble and it's still presents.

# 43 blues rocker @ 09/13/14 09:11 PM
the game looks good...but this video didn't do much to convince me that shot quality matters...they were pretty much all contested one-on-one shots, and they all went it. doesn't give me much hope for online again this year. i get that in this video the game was likely on pro difficulty...but not one missed shot the entire video? i just want an online mode where chucking garbage doesn't work anymore...whatever happened to passing and creating open shots?

# 44 eko718 @ 09/13/14 09:14 PM
This looked nice overall. McRoberts looks too thick.

# 45 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/13/14 09:17 PM
Same thing happens when it's CPU vs CPU on pro in 2k14.

Move the difficulty up they react a lot faster

# 46 eko718 @ 09/13/14 09:20 PM
One thing that I would like to see the AI do is execute dribble moves to actually try to get by an opponent. The AI seems to dribble while moving forward hoping that the opponent moves out of the way, as opposed to actually doing lateral dribble moves to try to get the defender off balance, then driving past them.

# 47 Jakeness23 @ 09/13/14 09:22 PM
Still looks like the offense takes too long to develop. Everybody has to be in the exact right spot before the play continues. They should just have to be in the general area, not an exact spot on the floor. NBA plays are much more fluid and a lot of times have a good bit of constant movement (unless an iso or pick and roll is called). In 2K, there is a lot of just standing around.

# 48 Da_Czar @ 09/13/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
This footage looks terrible.

The second Knicks possession featured a triangle play with Amare in the high post, and I'm assuming he's reading the defense to determine if Miami sends someone to cheat from the weak side of the floor. Either that, or he's waiting for Calderon to take his sweet time around a screen set by Anthony. These reads should be much quicker, and put more pressure on the defense, to force an extra defender over, and have some true ball movement with a purpose.
Thanks for your comments. Fist let me say yes the AI will not look fantastic on every possession.

Just an FYI the AI was evaluating about 3 different options that all could have separate branches within the triangle. While waiting there It decided to bypass them and you can see Melo then come off a back-screen for the post up. Then he decided to attempt a score instead of going to Melo.

For movement through the lane I didn't like it last year when bigs were sprinting to go short distances It looked unnatural especially with all the bumping etc. So we made sure to have the bigs use more controlled movements.

I will be eagerly watching for feedback from those who play in depth to see if that turns out to be a benefit or if we should speed them up.

So the AI wasn't stuck he was just evaluating options. Maybe we need to speed that up.. We will see.

I know it looks familiar to last year when he wasn't really processing anything The difference is last year he really only had one option and was waiting for it or stuck. This year it's a bit different. Time and the feedback of fine gents on here will let us know how far away we are.

I believe we will be able to talk about some of the improvements here soon.

# 49 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
One thing that I would like to see the AI do is execute dribble moves to actually try to get by an opponent. The AI seems to dribble while moving forward hoping that the opponent moves out of the way, as opposed to actually doing lateral dribble moves to try to get the defender off balance, then driving past them.

Haven't seen this consistently since the earlier last gen 2k's...I think 2k10....i would like to see this too..

# 50 PhiPsi1 @ 09/13/14 09:31 PM
@Da_Czar

Really great seeing you respond to our OS brethren's feedback. Was wondering if by any chance we could get video of you (w/ commentary) playin' a HUM v CPU game? We want to see the sim player of all virtual BBall sim players on the sticks!

Make it happen brotha'!

# 51 luda06 @ 09/13/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks for your comments. Fist let me say yes the AI will not look fantastic on every possession.

Just an FYI the AI was evaluating about 3 different options that all could have separate branches within the triangle. While waiting there It decided to bypass them and you can see Melo then come off a back-screen for the post up. Then he decided to attempt a score instead of going to Melo.

For movement through the lane I didn't like it last year when bigs were sprinting to go short distances It looked unnatural especially with all the bumping etc. So we made sure to have the bigs use more controlled movements.

I will be eagerly watching for feedback from those who play in depth to see if that turns out to be a benefit or if we should speed them up.

So the AI wasn't stuck he was just evaluating options. Maybe we need to speed that up.. We will see.

I know it looks familiar to last year when he wasn't really processing anything The difference is last year he really only had one option and was waiting for it or stuck. This year it's a bit different. Time and the feedback of fine gents on here will let us know how far away we are.

I believe we will be able to talk about some of the improvements here soon.
Thank you for the response.

To add on:

I wish I knew how the A.I. operated a bit more, because it seems as if the play was designed for it to end in Amare's hands if the defense did not call for any immediate deviation.

This part is okay. However, Amare catches the ball; from this point, it appears the A.I. determined that Amare will attempt a shot if the defense fails to bite on the play design, or any of Amare's pass/shot fakes.

This is where I disagree with that logic if it is true. I believe that's Josh McRoberts who does close the gap after Amare's shot fake. From there, I'd expect Amare would have attempted to drive and shoot, or pass, relative to a variety of factors: Does the coach want more ball movement, or is there desperation to score? Either way, he was one dribble away from the basket, with little room for a jump-shot. The defense was all but ready to collapse on him in other words. Yet, Amare decided to take a contested jumper. Is that also because the A.I. determined the mid range shot had a higher rating than his close shot?

Regardless, the time for these reads to transpire don't seem to fit within the context of a 24 second shot clock, or better yet, the general trigger happy style of players of his stature. LeBron James is probably the one superstar that would stand idle for a few seconds to read the defense. It's odd visualizing less versatile players attempting the same tactic. James is one of the few players that can contour a defense just by receiving a pass.

# 52 jaateloauto @ 09/13/14 10:36 PM
The plays don't really look that bad. Looks like there are a few more options than last year. Probably the biggest thing missing is urgency. Players don't have to be going full speed with every move they make but when they're coming off screens like Calderon around 1:10 mark on the away screen and subsequently Melo on the back screen they really need to be more explosive for the play to work.

I like that when playing 1v1 offense the AI actually chose to take jumpers/floaters and not just ram themselves at the defender until they got on the rim. Although I still feel there should be more forced pickups when you try to mindlessly go through the defender.

# 53 ffaacc03 @ 09/13/14 11:22 PM
Quote:
Were still working on that ffaacc03 it's not consistent enough right now. Sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesn't You will be able to see shortly where I spent most of my time this year but stuff like this is on the list.

Much to my disdain I discovered that even with 80 hour weeks it is impossible to get to everything and do it well. I was shocked how much work it takes sometimes to accomplish such small things.

So we are aware and will get it squared at some point. The current solution is just not dependable enough as you can see. Then sometimes they come a running LOL!
Just to read you have/are/will work on this is enough, even if currently it only shows from time to time, hopefully tho, once fully implemented, we can have a say on a per team basis (hehehe).

All well Mr. President, cant wait to see what you have bellow the sleeve ... btw, can we have a selfie
Spoiler
?

# 54 Sundown @ 09/13/14 11:42 PM
That was CPU vs CPU? Haha. I actually thought it was two newbs trying out jab steps and an exhibition in bad shot taking. I was like, watch, he's going to take a bad shot. Watch, it's going to go in again. Lol.

# 55 da ThRONe @ 09/14/14 02:46 AM
It just feels like 2K is still too overpowered by animations. That gives off that "force field" feel to the game. There's a sequence between Wade and Smith where Wade is seemingly body up by Smith's aura. Then there's the sequence when Chalmers is force into the "pick up his dribble" animation. The court just looks far too cramed. The passes don't seem appropiate for the situations and lack that much needed crispness. This isn't even getting to the AI which may just be the level the game is being played on.

# 56 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Loved the jab step by wade at 0:40 mark did not like the pass at 1:00 mark he did the wrong pass led to a tip pass.
yeah, but I HATED the pass at 0:38. That belongs on the street courts/Park. Not the NBA game. But maybe I'm just a crusty, old curmudgeon.

# 57 MarkWilliam @ 09/14/14 03:37 AM
Quote:

All I got from this post is that you're human! 80 hour weeks!? You're slouchin'!! Hahaha.....JK

All I am thinkin is what you did manage to achieve during these insane hours..... I'm sure you've prioritized some great additions into NBA 2K15....

# 58 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
No it's the truth. You and rest of these guys need to stop thinking 2k is perfect. IT HAS FLAWS! 2K14 on NG had a lot of flaws.
First: NO ONE on this site that's older than 12 thinks this game is perfect. If they are older than 18, they know that NO game is perfect.

Second: Why should you care enough to prove to them that it's not? What do you get out of it?

# 59 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 03:49 AM
It just hit me that this was an AI v AI game. No wonder I hated it. Sometimes, I wish 2K was like in EA and just get the suits out and pull some of these videos. At least the ones with AI v AI play in them. Ick!

And did Czar say he put in 80 hour weeks? Good lord man! That's a hell of a schedule considering everything else on your plate dude. Much props!

# 60 KyotoCarl @ 09/14/14 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Why in every video leaked, there's music in the background and no commentary from the game?
Cause every video we've seen thus far have been filmed with a camera in a noisy room where you probably don't hear the commentary anyway.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.