Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 gameplay video, featuring the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers.

Thanks @javibbns!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sundown @ 09/16/14 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard On Hoes
Lmao, I break a bunch of hoes when im in the garden...........

Mmm. Hoegaarden.

# 42 eko718 @ 09/16/14 10:25 AM
Observing the team ratings from this video, it is very interesting to see how the CAVS are rated compared to other teams.

The CAVS are #1 in Offense, #4 in Defense!? and #2 Overall.

I mentioned this in another thread about the CAVS defense being oddly high. Now that I have seen some other team ratings, here are the teams by order of overall defensive:

1 - Spurs
2 - Bulls
3 - ??
4 - Cavs**
5 - Clippers
6 - Grizzlies
7 - Miami
8 - Thunder

Does anyone else get the sense that the CAVS are gassed? Offense I can somewhat understand...on paper, they may have the most offensive talent, though I'd argue that the SPURS(#2 OFF) should be the number 1 offense in the game.

But defense #4??
(*=good defender)

Irving/Waiters/*James/Love/Varejao/*Marion/Miller/Thompson/*Dellavedova/Haywood/Lucas/Thomas

Besides the *'s, the CAVS have poor on the ball defenders, poor pick and roll defenders and some of the worst defenders at the rim. They also have an unproven coach and no inherent chemistry. But yet this qualifies them to exceed the Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat, Thunder, Warriors?(might be #3), Wizards and Bobcats, all of whom are the proven top defensive teams?

Beds, if you see this please take another thorough look at this. We already know that CAVS will be the cheesers choice; at least let them be rated reasonably consistent with their characteristics and with other teams.

# 43 vick4realz @ 09/16/14 10:26 AM
It looks like the short sleeved jerseys actually look tight this year instead of really baggy.

# 44 kurt2134 @ 09/16/14 10:31 AM
Damn, was that the computer that threw that bounce pass to LBJ when he cut to the hoop at the beginning? That was nice.

# 45 RonRac1 @ 09/16/14 10:33 AM
It looks good and all, but why is everybody so damn skinny? Look at LeBron, I know he lost some wait during the off season but he look's anorexic. But I'm still getting this, hopefully we can still edit player's so I can fix them that way!!!

# 46 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/16/14 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Observing the team ratings from this video, it is very interesting to see how the CAVS are rated compared to other teams.

I mentioned this in another thread about the CAVS defense being oddly high. Now that I have seen some other team ratings, here are the teams by order of overall defensive:

1 - Spurs
2 - Bulls
3 - ??
4 - Cavs**
5 - Clippers
6 - Grizzlies
7 - Miami
8 - Thunder

Does anyone else get the sense that the CAVS are gassed? Offense I can somewhat understand...on paper, they may have the most offensive talent, though I'd argue that the SPURS(#2 OFF) should be the number 1 offense in the game.

But defense #4??
(*=good defender)

Irving/Waiters/*James/Love/Varejao/*Marion/Miller/Thompson/*Dellavedova/Haywood/Lucas/Thomas

Besides the *'s, the CAVS have poor on the ball defenders, poor pick and roll defenders and some of the worst defenders at the rim. They also have an unproven coach and no inherent chemistry. But yet this qualifies them to exceed the Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat, Thunder, Warriors?(might be #3), Wizards and Bobcats, all of whom are the proven top defensive teams?

Beds, if you see this please take another thorough look at this. We already know that CAVS will be the cheesers choice; at least let them be rated reasonably consistent with their characteristics and with other teams.
Don't overthink it. The formula isn't perfect as a few others have mentioned, but this year defensive rebounding is included in the formula. The Cavs have a lot of great rebounders and that unfortunately inflates their defensive grade. I think you will find they play very life like

# 47 eko718 @ 09/16/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Don't overthink it. The formula isn't perfect as a few others have mentioned, but this year defensive rebounding is included in the formula. The Cavs have a lot of great rebounders and that unfortunately inflates their defensive grade. I think you will find they play very life like
This is what I suspected and from that standpoint, it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

# 48 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/14 10:43 AM
Quote:

1 - Spurs
2 - Bulls
3 - ??
4 - Cavs**
5 - Clippers
6 - Grizzlies
7 - Miami
8 - Thunder

But defense #4??
(*=good defender)

Isn't the overall team rating based on the individual players on the team and the coaches rating?
I don't know how they do it but I know they don't put the ratings on the teams directly.

# 49 thedream2k13 @ 09/16/14 10:45 AM
Gotta love pro level gameplay smh

# 50 eko718 @ 09/16/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Isn't the overall team rating based on the individual players on the team and the coaches rating?
I don't know how they do it but I know they don't put the ratings on the teams directly.
Yeah, it is, that's what seemed suspect. Player and coach ratings impact team ratings, so something seemed amiss somewhere. But when I originally brought this up, I wondered if they included rebounding in the equation, which Beds, has just confirmed. The CAVS have some strong rebounding, so being that this is factored into the overall defensive rating it makes more sense.

# 51 SageInfinite @ 09/16/14 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
So is Varejaos hair not moving because this is an old build???
He also still looks terrible. As if they didn't scan him...
His hair moves.

# 52 mrprice33 @ 09/16/14 11:05 AM
Wasn't thrilled about the CPU defenders going under screens set for Nick Young and the illegal screens need to be tweaked, but otherwise the game looks a lot better.

# 53 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/16/14 11:15 AM
And they still haven't fixed Xavier Henry's hair. I think the last time his hair was that long was when he was in high school 6 years ago.

# 54 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
And they still haven't fixed Xavier Henry's hair. I think the last time his hair was that long was when he was in high school 6 years ago.
There's a hairstyle update thread where devs are asking us to tell them who needs hairstyle updates. You should post this there.

# 55 Jakeness23 @ 09/16/14 11:25 AM
I'm guessing the yo-yo ball thing can't be fixed? At least not yet, it's a bit of an eye sore but I've grown to ignore it.

The replay that shows their vertical is atrocious. If you're trying to mock a real broadcast, then take that out. Especially since the game utilizes that replay for guys with low verticals as well. I like the color effect where the person dunking is the only player in color, but the vertical thing is horrible.

Everything looks nice and next gen... except for that hair. After scanning, wouldn't you think there would be some kind of photoshop like editor where you could erase all hair and add it in yourself after? I think that would help the look of it, as well as making it editable. (I know I bring that up a lot, but I would like for 2K to LOOK as good as it plays, which is exceptional)

I really like some of the new contact animations, layups, and definitely the new rebounding animations.

Illegal screens are getting a bit out of hand.

Looks like the other guard still comes up court with the PG or whoever is bringing it up instead of going up ahead and setting up beforehand.

# 56 blues rocker @ 09/16/14 11:36 AM
again, i'm seeing issues with being able to dribble recklessly into defenders without losing the ball...the ball just clips through defenders without being deflected. stop allowing this, 2k. hold the user accountable.

at 4:37 the ball handler dribbles straight into the leg/body of the defender...no deflection. as the user, you should have to switch the ball to the right hand and angle it away from the defender to avoid dribbling the ball into his body...there's no accountability for dribbling the ball will nilly into defenders.

at 8:35 the ball handler does a reckless spin move into a defender...looks like the ball clipped right through the defender's body...it should've been deflected off the defender's body and led to a turnover. stop covering up for users' lack of awareness. come on, 2k. force people to actually watch where they're dribbling. quit allowing people to recklessly dribble the ball into the defenders' bodies with no deflection. people should have to be careful about where they place the ball with defenders nearby. you shouldn't be able to do spin moves in the paint if the space isn't available...if the defender is there, you should get bumped or the ball should bounce of the defender depending on the defender's location.

if you don't hold users accountable, skill and decision making become less and less of a determining factor.

# 57 mrprice33 @ 09/16/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
again, i'm seeing issues with being able to dribble recklessly into defenders without losing the ball...the ball just clips through the defender without being deflected. stop allowing this, 2k. hold the user accountable.

at 4:37 the ball handler dribbles straight into the leg of the defender...no deflection. as the user, you should have to switch the ball to the right hand and angle it away from the defender to avoid dribbling the ball into his body...there's no accountability for dribbling the ball will nilly into defenders.

at 8:35 the ball handler does a reckless spin move into a defender...looks like the ball clipped right through the defender's body...it should've been deflected off the defender's body and let to a turnover. stop covering up for users' lack of awareness. come on, 2k. force people to actually watch where they're dribbling. quit allowing people to recklessly dribble the ball into the defender's body with no deflection. you should have to be careful about where you place the ball with defenders nearby.
The user would have to be given the tools to do so. They aren't, yet.

# 58 shooterkoo88 @ 09/16/14 12:02 PM
Newest from 2K!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U-8SkP7y0q0

# 59 blues rocker @ 09/16/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The user would have to be given the tools to do so. They aren't, yet.
huh? the tools are already there and have been for years...you simply move the left stick to the right and player will shift the ball to his right hand. this control has been in the game for years.

# 60 Sundown @ 09/16/14 12:06 PM
Quote:

1 - Spurs

2 - Bulls

3 - ??

4 - Cavs**

5 - Clippers

6 - Grizzlies

7 - Miami

8 - Thunder

But defense #4??

(*=good defender)

SMH. Warriors were 3rd to 4th in defense last year, had a defensive first team member in Iggy, upgraded their defensive personnel, AND got one of the best defensive assistant coaches in Ron Adams. And they don't even make the list.

Instead the Cavs get their place by acquiring someone whose defense is harped on, and another player who was cruising on defense all last season. :P It's like Barkley made these rankings.

I can hope the Warriors are 3, but it's probably Indy or something.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.