Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer titled, The Land, featuring an inside look at the player introductions of the new look Cleveland Cavaliers.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Sundown @ 09/16/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Nice to see that it's back. And I haven't read the whole thread yet, so these may have been touched on already, but...

What's up with all the Fatheads in the crowd? Not only do you never see that at NBA games, but they're always behind the backboards, not along the sidelines.

The crowd should get much louder when Lebron is announced, or for the biggest star on any team.

Shouldn't there be a spotlight on the player being announced?

I know this is nitpicking, but it's little details like this that get overlooked all the time by 2K. Things that should not be that hard to realize, and get worked out.
Yeah, seems like a spotlight (even a simple projected light texture) and increased crowd noise for stars would be rather easy to implement and would really sell the illusion.

# 62 aholbert32 @ 09/16/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It's not coming in the ps4 2.0 update ?
That has never been confirmed. Rumored but not confirmed.

# 63 Ermolli @ 09/16/14 01:17 PM
That was really nice but I would've liked if the arena was darker and the light was focused on the players, the fire thing that appears after a player is announced and a higher ovation for fan favourites or star players.

# 64 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yeah, seems like a spotlight (even a simple projected light texture) and increased crowd noise for stars would be rather easy to implement and would really sell the illusion.
It's relative. Maybe the crowd is just starting too loud and there isn't much of a difference when the star is announced. That's my take.

# 65 aholbert32 @ 09/16/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I guess I am glad they are adding it back in but it feels very dry. The players seem "ho-hum" about the intros, the crowd is sitting on their butts and overall it feels "empty". It would be nice if they could pump this up a little more and add some better music. fans should be on their feet for sure.
You havent attended a ton of NBA games have you? If its not the playoffs, its rare to see a significant amount of fans standing during intros. I've been to the Garden, Verizon Center, Staples, OKC and Boston and OKC was the only place that happened.

# 66 aholbert32 @ 09/16/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
That was really nice but I would've liked if the arena was darker and the light was focused on the players, the fire thing that appears after a player is announced and a higher ovation for fan favourites or star players.
Yep. Definitely should be darker.

# 67 antixnette @ 09/16/14 01:20 PM
That don't look like Dion at all.

Everything else is great. I love it.

# 68 VDusen04 @ 09/16/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You havent attended a ton of NBA games have you? If its not the playoffs, its rare to see a significant amount of fans standing during intros. I've been to the Garden, Verizon Center, Staples, OKC and Boston and OKC was the only place that happened.
Interesting. I think every Pistons game I've been to (until maybe the most recent, when they were at their absolute worst) had fans rising to their feet for the intros. I guess I just assumed it was like that everywhere.

# 69 Sundown @ 09/16/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Interesting. I think every Pistons game I've been to (until maybe the most recent, when they were at their absolute worst) had fans rising to their feet for the intros. I guess I just assumed it was like that everywhere.
Happens in Oracle, too. Not always everyone but a fair number.

# 70 Blue12 @ 09/16/14 01:26 PM
I really like the addition but I do have a few small complaints.
Like others have said, the arena should obviously be darker for the home team and have spotlights. There are too many fat heads and also, did anybody notice the camera flashbulbs were WAYY overdone? I've been to hundreds of games and have never seen camera flashes like that. It just gave me more of an Arcady feel instead of what a real NBA player is like.

I'm sorry for nitpicking but I would think doing it the right way wouldn't be much more difficult than doing it the way they chose.

# 71 HowDareI @ 09/16/14 01:27 PM
Hopefully they have team specific intros, because every court has a different way of saying players names...like the Lakers dude is very monotone and the Cavs guy is hype...guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, I hope they announce rookies..they probably will but you never know.

# 72 eko718 @ 09/16/14 01:29 PM
Really nice touch.... Sadly, music may not be editable. And I wish they fixed Kyrie's cut.

# 73 aholbert32 @ 09/16/14 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Some fans. I'm a Wizards season ticket holder and maybe 30% are standing. There should be some fans but not all of them if they are being realistic. At the Garden, I've seen maybe 20%

# 74 Eman5805 @ 09/16/14 01:30 PM
Watched like 15 seconds of it then stopped.

As we get nearer and nearer, I find myself wanting to know less and less about the game in terms of what it'll look like

It's...odd. But I want to be wowed by some things when I see them the first time. So aside from write ups and impressions, I think I'll hold off on any further gameplay and trailer vids. A developer breakdown I'm down for, but anything else? Nah.

# 75 CavsFanSteve @ 09/16/14 01:31 PM
This will probably get old fast. Honestly, imo it'd be nice if they only did these intros in playoffs only. But it's nice to have. Now that custom music..........please let's get this in.

# 76 VDusen04 @ 09/16/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Some fans. I'm a Wizards season ticket holder and maybe 30% are standing. There should be some fans but not all of them if they are being realistic. At the Garden, I've seen maybe 20%
Perhaps my memory fails me. It seems like The Palace was a majority rise thing for most of my years being there. Once they finally abandoned the flame throwers and whatnot though, I think things have tempered a little. Perhaps Detroit's intros were just able to creep into the elite for a while there, amongst the Chicago Bulls intros of the world.

# 77 23 @ 09/16/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Watched like 15 seconds of it then stopped.

As we get nearer and nearer, I find myself wanting to know less and less about the game in terms of what it'll look like

It's...odd. But I want to be wowed by some things when I see them the first time. So aside from write ups and impressions, I think I'll hold off on any further gameplay and trailer vids. A developer breakdown I'm down for, but anything else? Nah.

Well you're psyching yourself out. Nobody is wowed when watching intros on tv. For the fact that its there and we'll done is what's nice about it even if not every aspect is nailed to perfection. Another stake towards completeness.

You're missing the big picture on this even though it's only so significant by wanting instant gratification of shiny on everything.

# 78 23 @ 09/16/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's relative. Maybe the crowd is just starting too loud and there isn't much of a difference when the star is announced. That's my take.

Someone needs to talk to those sound guys about modulation then. Its OK to use it

# 79 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Someone needs to talk to those sound guys about modulation then. Its OK to use it
PM your boy, Beluba. I know he's only gameplay, but I'm sure he as pull, right?

# 80 23 @ 09/16/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
PM your boy, Beluba. I know he's only gameplay, but I'm sure he as pull, right?
Does he?

I'll give it a try tonight. It should be noted

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.