Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It looks like 2K Sports will have a face scanning solution similar to EA's Game Face technology. Users will be able to scan their face into the game with their Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.

Users can play NBA 2K15 with a player face that looks just like them. Check out the video at KTVU.

UPDATE: Ronnie has chimed in on Twitter. Looks like we'll see more soon.

Quote:
Yes FaceScan is in #NBA2K15 for MyCAREER/MyGM. Wait until we show you 2 videos today.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 swaggedout @ 09/17/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Really cool.

Just wondering, what's the difference between a PS camera or Kinect and a webcam from a laptop ?

Coudn't it be possible to scan your face on your laptop and then upload it to your ps4 ?
Kinect 2.0 has one camera at 1080p, and the playstation camera has 2 at 720p each. Not sure about transferring or uploading pics from one device to another.

# 142 23 @ 09/17/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardcg
I hope this is not restricted to online only
My player my gm

# 143 swaggedout @ 09/17/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomarley
im a little concerned that most faces will have that ashy tint to it...

Lighting might be a great factor.

# 144 mqtcelticsfan @ 09/17/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Now can we put our voice in the game? or at least have different pre-recorded voices to choose from? I dont think I can take another year of the same dude voice in MyPlayer.
Yes, because it would be so much fun to record all of that dialogue.

# 145 HowDareI @ 09/17/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Yeah, I could never get it remotely close to what I look like. I guess I have a unique face.
Well last gen 2K's could never get the skin tone right, I'd either be too dark or too light..now there's no face that looks like mine or even hair that works lol

# 146 PJBrownHeat @ 09/17/14 12:57 PM
Maybe coach face

# 147 Rain816 @ 09/17/14 01:01 PM
THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!!

# 148 dwadefan45 @ 09/17/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm betting that we'll be seeing some Halloween masks, etc scanned in. Be hilarious to see a psycho clown or Bart Simpson etc scanned in. Cool stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFdlVrjpuSI

# 149 Richardcg @ 09/17/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
My player my gm
I meant needing to scan your face period, i hope its a offline feature and not needed to be connected to the ineternet

# 150 iLLosophy @ 09/17/14 01:08 PM
Think I just saw a Richard Nixon mask at the store around the corner lol

Watch out for 5'11" Tricky Dicky online...he's not a crook, but he'll leave you shook...

# 151 JazzMan @ 09/17/14 01:18 PM
Seems a lot more convenient than EA's Game Face. Only thing is, I gotta go buy a PS camera lol. Hope it's WWE2k as well.

And hopefully it's implemented far better than Game Face was. If I'm correct, the only 2 games Game Face is available on now is UFC and FIFA, and in FIFA, my character looks pink after I scanned my face into the game.

Pretty excited about this.

# 152 McNulty @ 09/17/14 01:53 PM
It doesn't sound like regular CAP will have this technology, which is kind of a bummer...could have really revolutionized historic teams/missing players/custom rosters.

I wonder if you'll be able to upload your face scan on 2kshare?

# 153 SMALL17 @ 09/17/14 02:13 PM
Why in the video they not letting us Xbox One guys know that it is for both consoles, that's how you make the other console owners not want the game or not know what is or what isn't supported in the game for the other console owners. Stop being like destiny with the neglect to the other console owner. You want us to support your game let us know what audience you trying to sell or cater to. All I'm saying let both side of fans know what is going on. That's how you make other lean towards to the other game like NBA live 15. So let us Xbox guys know something 2k (NBA 2K15). THANKS FOR LISTENING!!! P.S. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR (JUST BE MORE CLEAR THE NEXT TIME

# 154 lakers24 @ 09/17/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMALL17
Why in the video they not letting us Xbox One guys know that it is for both consoles, that's how you make the other console owners not want the game or not know what is or what isn't supported in the game for the other console owners. Stop being like destiny with the neglect to the other console owner. You want us to support your game let us know what audience you trying to sell or cater to. All I'm saying let both side of fans know what is going on. That's how you make other lean towards to the other game like NBA live 15. So let us Xbox guys know something 2k (NBA 2K15). THANKS FOR LISTENING!!! P.S. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR (JUST BE MORE CLEAR THE NEXT TIME
Why is that needed when it clearly says PS Eye AND Kinect....If people can't comprehend it's for both, then maybe they don't need to be scanning their faces

# 155 SladeWilson @ 09/17/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMALL17

LOL. Its not neglect. Its an advertising partnership between 2K and Sony. Not dissimilar to what Activision had with Sony over Destiny.

# 156 snocone @ 09/17/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNulty
It doesn't sound like regular CAP will have this technology, which is kind of a bummer...could have really revolutionized historic teams/missing players/custom rosters.
I don't see how it could change historic teams unless you have a lot of friends who look historic players. This doesn't look like Gameface where if just pasted an image onto a premade face

# 157 Bornindamecca @ 09/17/14 02:52 PM
Somebody needs to buy Anderson Varejao a PS4 camera

Just kidding. This tech looks amazing. I don't want to pick up the PS4 cam just for this game, but I might have no choice. This is too good.

# 158 Mr.Mark @ 09/17/14 02:53 PM
That's great Ronnie2k, PLEASE make sure that we can put our scanned faces and characters in the "Draft" for MyGM, and offline Association. That would be one of the most rewarding scenarios possible. And hopeful we can find a way to let our MyPlayer truly get drafted 1st in the draft. I supped up 9 players, 1 at a time, out played everyone at every Rookie Challenge but never got drafted earlier than 3rd.

# 159 keshunleon @ 09/17/14 03:09 PM
This would be great for CAP but probably for MyPlayer which I rarely play.

I probably won't use this feature at all.

# 160 jaybrook07 @ 09/17/14 03:21 PM
can we upload a real picture of ourselves for our player cards?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.