Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.

Some key points within the podcast include:
  • New pro scouting feature.
  • How the progression system has been changed.
  • A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
  • No more CPU Position Stacking.
  • Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
  • A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
Official Description text: "Leftos was also able to give us a great deal of information on MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, expanding on some recent blogs and interviews, and letting us know about a few things that haven’t been talked about too much. In addition to explaining the basic features and differences between the two modes, Leftos gives us some in-depth insight into player progression and regression, the injury system, customisation options, and much, much more."

The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.

Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/14 03:04 PM
Great podcast, liked how you shared your feelings of working on the game and for 2K-VC ... once again, wish you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
That's already there, and we have fixed a number of legacy issues with Free Agency for 2K15. We're looking to do much more work in the future too, so I'm looking for fresh feedback and reports on issues this year.
Can we have a say (edit) on that ? On how much does a market weights into a player decission ? Would love to be able to, specially as seasons go on. Would also like to have a say on a per player level.

Also, any news/details that can be shared in respect of total sim control ? Has it been expanded ?

If not already implemented, please consider:
- a create a staff (coaches, assistants, other members).
- to be able to edit, trade, sign, resign existing coaches as well as having a coaches FA screen, composed of our created coaches and at least fictitional ones (entirely editable).
- to be able to edit each GM stance on both, roster movement (sell, buy, stay put) and draft (best overall talent, best talen of position of need, best potential, best skills).
- implement de DLeague, preferrably as a feature within the launched game but ultimately, even as a paid DLC.
- implement a track a rivalry feature, something that if certaint conditions are met can be reflected and referenced thorugh the modes, helping scalate the momentum for key games, playoffs race and actual playoffs and finals ... evolving as seasons go on.
- implement some type of annalisys of roster movement, where trades, releases and signs are referenced ... and maybe the impact of such moves after a few games ... for in season (even when on court) and off season.

P.S:
Just taking advantage of your presence here, so pardon my mini wishlist.
Hope not to sound as non grateful, am actually pretty satisfied even if I havent seen the full extend of your implementations and fixes ... I just love the attention you seem to put on us and our needs and wants ... anyways, looking forward to play the game.

# 22 Leftos @ 09/17/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Also, any news/details that can be shared in respect of total sim control ? Has it been expanded ?
Why don't you take a listen to the podcast?

# 23 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Why don't you take a listen to the podcast?
Still listening, am at 45 min mark, hehehe, sorry ! :

# 24 BlueNGold @ 09/17/14 03:08 PM
Someone's gotta take one for the team and drop some cliff notes.

# 25 clipperfan811 @ 09/17/14 03:28 PM
Just out of curiosity does the off season follow the calendar more or less like real life or is it in a step by step fashion once the finals are over.

So for example does the lottery happen during the playoffs and free agency start July 1 for negotiations and about a week later for signings. Obviously not a must have but hearing you talk about the authenticity of the experience brought that to mind.

And again, great podcast Leftos and thanks for answering my question about how your time at 2k has evolved you as a programmer. And some of the steps someone like me can take to get there. It was extremely insightful!

# 26 davez @ 09/17/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Just out of curiosity does the off season follow the calendar more or less like real life or is it in a step by step fashion once the finals are over.

So for example does the lottery happen during the playoffs and free agency start July 1 for negotiations and about a week later for signings. Obviously not a must have but hearing you talk about the authenticity of the experience brought that to mind.

And again, great podcast Leftos and thanks for answering my question about how your time at 2k has evolved you as a programmer. And some of the steps someone like me can take to get there. It was extremely insightful!
It's still step-by-step...for 2K15

# 27 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/14 03:33 PM
Cross team/players scouting !

The evolution of team stats tracker.

Wow, "no longer can one claim ignorance of a team/player weanesses and strengths" ... and is not like playmaking vs playmaking abilities but rather playmaking vs stealing or defense IQ ...

LOVE IT !

# 28 MrBigShot1 @ 09/17/14 03:36 PM
I'm genuinly impressed with 2k. I haven't been following 2k15 at all this year because of the numerous issues I had with 2k14 last year (lack of harddrive saves, VC needed for everything for example) and they appear to have actually taken the backlash to heart and made some really great changes. I think I'll pick it up this year.

Everything I've seen thus far today has been great. Good job 2k.

# 29 davez @ 09/17/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Leftos, will we be able to do cross game saves this year or in the future? The ability to save our progress in MyLeague and MyGM and bring it over to the next version of the game. NBA 2K15 has so much to do, its like you have to choose one or two modes to really get into because to time restraints.

For example, I will be playing MyLeague and MyGM mainly, but I also want to play MyCareer and maybe even some MyTeam. What ends up happening every year is that I end up dropping my Association for quick, fun satisfactory modes like MyPlayer and Online modes because The Association feels like a daunting task that I will never be able to complete. Having cross game saves will encourage me and I think others too, to stick it out for the long run.
We can't reveal any features for 2K16

But, I think it should be fairly clear by now if people ask for stuff on these forums, we at the very least add it to our "Blue Sky List" of features. Although it doesn't guarantee that something will get done for 2K16 (with all the new stuff we added in 2K15 for MyLEAGUE and MyGM, there were MORE features that didn't make the cut than made it).

# 30 23 @ 09/17/14 03:42 PM
Sir...I would see this blue sky list you speak of

# 31 grants10 @ 09/17/14 03:51 PM
This is all really good stuff. I appreciate all your hard work. Very awesome to listen to your passion for the game. I I know you don't work for EA but man it pisses me off when I see this type of work done and all the excuses they give for Madden. Cheers.

# 32 skyhawk2891 @ 09/17/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sir...I would see this blue sky list you speak of
Just look up... and imagine.

# 33 snocone @ 09/17/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
We can't reveal any features for 2K16

But, I think it should be fairly clear by now if people ask for stuff on these forums, we at the very least add it to our "Blue Sky List" of features. Although it doesn't guarantee that something will get done for 2K16 (with all the new stuff we added in 2K15 for MyLEAGUE and MyGM, there were MORE features that didn't make the cut than made it).
Is that your scan in your avatar?

# 34 mrprice33 @ 09/17/14 04:41 PM
The injury system sounds amazing. Tuned to replicate real-life injuries, mostly ankle and knee injuries. Some injuries will permanently affect a player's stats (like an achilles injury reducing speed and quickness).

Practice and training has been reworked. Can focus on specific fundamental or physical attributes over time (mentions a specific player training on 3 point shooting for 2 months while the rest of the team focuses on attacking the basket).

# 35 The Kid 24 @ 09/17/14 04:43 PM
Leftos... Will custom draft classes still go thru the simulation of college basketball season?

# 36 Goffs @ 09/17/14 04:44 PM
I want all the devs to follow Davez and use the new facescan as an avatar. I want to see virtual Czar with the whole get up...

# 37 davez @ 09/17/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
Is that your scan in your avatar?
Yes, it is.

# 38 snocone @ 09/17/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Leftos... Will custom draft classes still go thru the simulation of college basketball season?
They've already said yes

# 39 Leftos @ 09/17/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Yes, of course.

# 40 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/17/14 04:47 PM
Have any changes been made to the front office and coaching staffs ? Can you hire most assistances and make players who retire HCs instead of just AC?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.