Home
NHL 2K News Post

The NHL 2K series is making a return on iOS and Android devices (screenshots here). Find out more details about the game and whether or not they have plans for a console return, in our interview with Chris Snyder, VP of Marketing at 2K.

Check out the full press release below.

NHL 2K Coming Soon to the App Store & Google Play

Famed hockey series returns this fall with a new All-Star experience for mobile devices

2K today announced the hard-hitting action of the NHL is returning to mobile devices with NHL® 2K. Co-developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, and Virtuos Games, NHL 2K will arrive this fall for iOS and Android devices as a premium mobile game for $7.99.

NHL fans and mobile game enthusiasts will enjoy NHL 2K’s enhanced graphics and compelling new features, including a detailed My Career mode; fast-paced, three-on-three mini-game; and first-ever multiplayer options, allowing fans to play in a turn-based shootout against their friends. In addition, the NHL 2K universe will continually expand with roster updates, enabling players to routinely add new talent to their teams as they compete to win the highly coveted Stanley Cup® Championship.

A complete list of NHL 2K features includes:

- Classic game modes, including NHL Winter Classic®, Free Skate and Shootout;

- New immersive My Career mode;

- New three-on-three competitive Mini-Rink game;

- New multiplayer options;

- Live roster updates;

- MFi Controller compatibility, NHL GameCenter LIVE™ connectivity and iCloud support (for iOS only).

NHL 2K will be available for download later this fall from the App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for $7.99.

NHL 2K screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2KHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOSVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Cletus @ 09/18/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
NHL 2K is over people. It's not 1999 anymoe when you first opened NHL 2K and played it on Dreamcast and was amazed what future could hold for this game and then NHL 2K3 on PS2 and you were like WHOA! Those days are over and it's time to move on.
Except NHL2k is not over, they just moved to the mobile market. While it may not have the polish, it still has more game modes than the current console hockey game. There are lots of things 2k did right, and probably just as many as they do wrong, but nothing was as customizable gameplay wise as the 2k series. The way mobile gaming is going, the features and gameplay might outshine current console hockey sooner rather than later.

# 22 videlsports @ 09/18/14 07:04 PM
Sounds Good I would Like to get it back on consoles but this is a good start, I hope they can jump into other markets too. When and If they decide to make NHL2k again They will have my money.

# 23 loso_34 @ 09/19/14 02:55 AM
Quote:
NHL 2K is over people. It's not 1999 anymoe when you first opened NHL 2K and played it on Dreamcast and was amazed what future could hold for this game and then NHL 2K3 on PS2 and you were like WHOA! Those days are over and it's time to move on.
Why is it EA still cant replicate the authentic puck physics the 2k series had?

man lol. with how EA is operating the timing is right for 2k. its just wishful thinknig at this point tho.

and either ea has plants here or some of yall got an agenda and your not on EA payroll

# 24 OswaldKenobi @ 09/19/14 05:51 AM
The EA hates seems to erase history from people's brains. The last 2k hockey game was awful.

I hear the NCAA license is open now. How about some new college football and basketball games?

# 25 Gotmilkman24 @ 09/19/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner18
Yeah, I'm with Balrog... I'll buy this and truthfully probably never play it on mobile, but in hopes that it resurrects a console game to compete with EA's BS game. $7.99 is a tolerable donation!!!
I AGREE COMPLETELY!

# 26 Fiddy @ 09/19/14 01:27 PM
would love to see 2k come back to the xbox one or ps4. maybe just pick one system, and release a digital game every 2 years?

offline/online vs mode (ranked/unranked)
offline/online shootout mode (ranked/unranked)
franchise mode (fully customizable, all 30 teams, players, divisions, rules, etc)
online my team mode (a league set up kind of like the EASHL..)
update rosters every other month for offline/online play
roster/slider share online

price tag at $34.99..

the off season between releases.. $7.99 for menu updated graphics, 4 roster updates, 1 or 2 tuner updates, and a reset of online mode leader boards etc.

# 27 Cletus @ 09/19/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
It's over man, going to take at least 5 years, prob 7-8 years before mobile graphics beat Console and by then 2K would stop caring about NHL
Maybe, but there's a market of people that don't care about graphics. Look at OOTP. Sure if you care about graphics, the current console game looks great. It also has about 5 game modes. Graphics aren't everything and if people can get the game to play more like 2k10 did with slider tweaks lots of people will be happy.

# 28 Gotmilkman24 @ 09/20/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
2K10? With the proper tweaks (and what sports game DOESN'T need the proper tweaks) it plays a gritty, loose, unpredictable game of hockey. Dominated in sales? Well, sure, when you appeal to the 8 year old and older crowd. You guys know that even the EA crowd generally lambasted this game in regards to the cloned players throughout every team. 2K's problem isn't generally a programming/production problem.... it was marketing and appeal.

Now you boys go try to learn new words other than "fanboys". K? or should I say...... 2K???

AMEN! NBA2K Has to be one of the best sport games I've played. Offline mode was great and online is fun.. If 2k gave EA competition that would be great... I mean maybe EA will actually put more work and things that actually matter in their game..

# 29 xCeeTee @ 09/22/14 09:00 AM
I beg of you 2k, please return to making NHL games! After EA's shoddy performances the past few years, especially the disappointment of the current gen games having less features than the previous gens! 2K sucks with their baseball games, but if MyCareer comes to NHL, it would be complete!

If they make another NHL game, I hope it would follow NBA in the fact of how MyCareer is played, because it is outstanding! Bringing storylines and making you want to play every single game of a career mode is a must, the EA NHL was so boring in the menus, and even playing the game I literally used to fall asleep all the time out of boredom! I definitely want to see a NHL 2K16!!!

# 30 Flyermania @ 09/26/14 08:34 PM
Looking forward to this one!

# 31 Flyermania @ 10/20/14 10:34 PM
Anyone hear of an ETA on this one?

# 32 Cletus @ 10/21/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Anyone hear of an ETA on this one?
Nope, I check the amazon app store everyday. Nothing on their facebook. I'm starting to wonder if the project got abandoned.

# 33 intrepid @ 10/23/14 12:19 AM
NHL 2K is in the app store now for $7.99. Preview doesnt show much gameplay footage to make this an insta-buy, but it is 2k and I would love to see 2k hockey back on the consoles. Also there doesnt appear to be any
in-app purchases with this game which is good.

# 34 SinisterAlex @ 10/23/14 09:04 PM

# 35 goblades26 @ 11/15/14 01:07 PM
If you have the game 2 questions:
1) Can you play against the computer in a simple game?
2) Can I make trades and update the rosters myself?

Thanks

# 36 bwiggy33 @ 11/16/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblades26
If you have the game 2 questions:
1) Can you play against the computer in a simple game?
2) Can I make trades and update the rosters myself?

Thanks
Yes to both.

I bought the game but haven't played it a ton. I just can't really get into it much. It's actually very well done though for a phone game so if you enjoy that give it a try. My main thing was for $8 I'll buy it in hopes it may make 2k think about making a new game.

# 37 SinisterAlex @ 11/16/14 11:07 PM
I purchased it and ended up refunding it shortly after. The game wasn't the issue, it was fun as heck for a phone game but my hands and more importantly thumbs became incredibly sore after only minutes of play time.

# 38 jyoung @ 11/28/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I purchased it and ended up refunding it shortly after. The game wasn't the issue, it was fun as heck for a phone game but my hands and more importantly thumbs became incredibly sore after only minutes of play time.
Were you playing with a bluetooth controller or just using the touch screen controls?

Does this game even support bluetooth controllers?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.