Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.

Check out the video to see how it works.

UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.

If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.

Check out the official press release below.

2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jeremym480 @ 09/17/14 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Was this the "break the internet" announcement?
Well, your internet is still working isn't it?

# 42 BluFu @ 09/17/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
haha...cool feature, but I'd prefer not to have my ugly mug translated into video game form...i don't want to frighten people online.
lol you have to stop this. it isn't healthy

# 43 jadert @ 09/17/14 04:47 PM
I hope that people will understand that this is the first year, and it won't be absolutely perfect. It will be perfected throughout the years. I just fear we are going to have 1000 threads complaining about face and neck coloration and such.

It's cool tech, it will be built upon. Great way of evolving MyPlayer

# 44 snocone @ 09/17/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Davez when can you guys talk about the cap system? From the looks of the vid we can only edit the premade faces.
I don't really understand what we would od otherwise. If you don't scan your face, you have to have a starting point to work from

# 45 UniversalNoob @ 09/17/14 05:01 PM
Are they serious? This is not available for PC? Hahaha...Because it would be so hard to just upload a picture from your harddrive.... lol

# 46 jaateloauto @ 09/17/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalNoob
Are they serious? This is not available for PC? Hahaha...Because it would be so hard to just upload a picture from your harddrive.... lol
It doesn't use a picture to generate the model like in EA game face but the 3D model it generates from the two cameras of Kinect/PS camera. But Kinect for Windows exists so they could have allowed us to use that.

# 47 snocone @ 09/17/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
It doesn't use a picture to generate the model like in EA game face but the 3D image it gets from the two cameras of Kinect/PS camera. But Kinect for Windows exists so they could have allowed us to use that.
Isn't the kinect for windows based on the old kinect for the 360?

# 48 Jakeness23 @ 09/17/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

10/7... HURRY PLEASE!
Yo, LD2K... that pic looks like a Dementor has gotten a hold of you...

# 49 MarvinOida @ 09/17/14 06:17 PM
Quote:

10/7... HURRY PLEASE!

I hope that's just lighting/some shadow cause you like you're getting dark neck down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 50 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/17/14 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
Isn't the kinect for windows based on the old kinect for the 360?
No. The Kinect 2.0 (same one as the one on Xbox One) is available for $200.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinec...dows/purchase/

# 51 RipCityAndy @ 09/17/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
They are already complaining in this thread

So much cynicism. For once I would love see people actually excited for a change but instead we get:

"Oh EA did that already"
"This is the big news?"
"oh its not on PC" (which is false because you can get Kinect for PC but people dont read and research)

and blah blah blah

If anyone from 2K is reading my post , I will say that I greatly appreciate the effort and I look forward to playing.

It doesnt have to be the greatest game of all time. I dont expect that. I just expect effort and I am seeing that.

I am excited and saving all the tired jadedness and cynicism for once.
In fairness "Is this the big news?" and "is it on PC?" are reasonable things that any fan wants to know.

# 52 vito100 @ 09/17/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
They are already complaining in this thread

So much cynicism. For once I would love see people actually excited for a change but instead we get:

"Oh EA did that already"
"This is the big news?"
"oh its not on PC" (which is false because you can get Kinect for PC but people dont read and research)

and blah blah blah

If anyone from 2K is reading my post , I will say that I greatly appreciate the effort and I look forward to playing.

It doesnt have to be the greatest game of all time. I dont expect that. I just expect effort and I am seeing that.

I am excited and saving all the tired jadedness and cynicism for once.
My sentiments exactly... People complain when you do nothing and stay stagnant. But when you try to make a good experience better or upgrade or improve they complain even more. 2k could've just rested on its laurels like Madden did for years, but actually have touched up every mode to the best of their ability that we (the community) complained about and had added new things do... I'm starting to Worry, because the People who help make this game actually drops by and comments and answers questions, but if all they see is whining in complaint why continue to communicate. I'm not saying dont criticize that's always good when it leads to progression but be thoughtful with it and actually form it to where it can lead to a change in the future. Because as you can see 2k cares what this site thinks, just don't want the
To stop.

# 53 vito100 @ 09/17/14 07:40 PM
Sorry for typos lol! Using my Phone. And typed pretty fast.

# 54 JBulls @ 09/17/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
But it's NOT on pc... According to 2K

# 55 Chaunthedon @ 09/17/14 08:16 PM
PC gamers always talking about how much PC is better than console. Now look at them. lol

# 56 LM1213 @ 09/17/14 08:17 PM
I have been asking for this since rainbow six. YES ..fricking YES YES aflkajgagjklabnskbjklbjlkbjbjapdogu . Thank you 2k. Also, my girl hates helping me edit my face each year..so she'll be happy too.

# 57 23 @ 09/17/14 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaunthedon
PC gamers always talking about how much PC is better than console. Now look at them. lol
Ummm

Just wait and see lol

# 58 datboimall @ 09/17/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ummm

Just wait and see lol

yeah I don't even have a gaming pc but I wouldn't make fun of them seeing what they have done in the pass with nba 2k

# 59 KyotoCarl @ 09/17/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'll be curious to see how easily a gamer can make their face look authentic and natural. As in, will it be a pretty tight process where scanning leads to a very small amount of sculpting in order to make things look real? Or is it going to take a talented creator to make everything look seamless? Or something in between?

Further, will gamers have to use in-game haircuts?
Considering it's still early in the technology and the way it's used, don't expect a too advanced scan. It won't be close to 100% but it's a cool feature.

# 60 Sundown @ 09/17/14 09:14 PM
Quote:

10/7... HURRY PLEASE!
You know, that might actually look better than the official facescan of you last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.