Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.

Check out the video to see how it works.

UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.

If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.

Check out the official press release below.

2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 uejake @ 09/17/14 09:19 PM
Can we share these with others? Does anyone remember how 2k used to blend features of players when they generate new players after the current roster started retiring? Maybe 2k should consider creating a database of these scans to do something similar with the scans that we can now do. I hope they do this with WWE 2k15 as well.

# 62 Sports fanantic @ 09/17/14 09:39 PM
This is awesome and Scary at the same time.

# 63 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/17/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
This is awesome and Scary at the same time.
I guess my signature is perfect then!

# 64 Starwipe @ 09/17/14 11:14 PM
So how about... tattoo scanning?! That would be next level.

# 65 MAGboyswifT27 @ 09/18/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Well considering it's been out for a month I'm pretty sure it's not in.
That sucks and didn't they say (when UFC dropped) that they were going to do it for Madden? Smh at EA..

# 66 MAGboyswifT27 @ 09/18/14 12:55 AM
Can't wait! I picked up a PS4 camera from Gamestop for cheap for UFC/Madden.. UFC doesn't look like me and Madden hasn't done anything with Gameface so thank you 2K I can put my camera to work!

# 67 whoahello @ 09/18/14 02:03 AM
I'm sold. This is amazing.

# 68 x LuvMESumME x @ 09/18/14 02:34 AM
I'm sold about to get me a PS camera just to try it out.

# 69 Superman38134 @ 09/18/14 02:37 AM
Just went and bought my PS4 camera. Came home and told my wife I bought a new toy me and the kids can play with. Then said "I'm not gonna lie. I mainly bought it cause NBA 2k will let me scan my face into the game this year". Her response? "About time!" Lol gotta love that woman

# 70 Bealdor @ 09/18/14 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
"oh its not on PC" (which is false because you can get Kinect for PC but people dont read and research)
But buying a Kinect for PC will be of no use for you if the face scan system isn't even implemented in the PC version.

# 71 ShogunTake @ 09/18/14 02:39 AM
I had hopes of using pictures to create past players like McGrady, Ming, Reggie, etc but I'm a little concerned since the scanning process involves you needing to turn your head. I'm wondering how effecting a flat photo will turn out by turning said photo accordingly since obviously you can only feed the camera the one angle.

# 72 CujoMatty @ 09/18/14 02:59 AM
havent really been following much 2k news lately then I saw this news and im officially hyped.
I sure hope we can have better tattoos now. I have full arm sleeves and it sucked trying to have a gorrilla and a cross and a basketball as my CAP tattoos. Any word if tattoos are different?

# 73 dburba @ 09/18/14 03:37 AM
So if I start a MyCareer with a generic face, I can add MyFace later and not have to restart?

# 74 Rell7thirty @ 09/18/14 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburba
So if I start a MyCareer with a generic face, I can add MyFace later and not have to restart?
Yep. I think OP covered that

# 75 JBulls @ 09/18/14 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaunthedon
PC gamers always talking about how much PC is better than console. Now look at them. lol
We have cracked audio, textures and how to use a custom face in mycareer to name a few things, it's only a matter of time before we figure how 3D models work in 2K

# 76 ShogunTake @ 09/18/14 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
We have cracked audio, textures and how to use a custom face in mycareer to name a few things, it's only a matter of time before we figure how 3D models work in 2K
You already have, cyberface has been used since forever.

# 77 JBulls @ 09/18/14 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunTake
You already have, cyberface has been used since forever.
What I mean is to be able to create, and completely replace any 3D model in the game. As it stands we have to edit existing 3D models, lots of limitations associated with that such as the poly count having remain unchanged.

# 78 UniversalNoob @ 09/18/14 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaunthedon
PC gamers always talking about how much PC is better than console. Now look at them. lol

It's not the PCs fault that 2k leaves features out of the game year after year... Maybe they thought PC doesn't need it, because on PC it's possible to implement cyberfaces since...well you already have been able to do that in NBA live 2004 and prior.. Okay I don't really think 2k thought that way, but at least people who want to add themselves to the game are still able to do it on PC, even without this facescan option.

# 79 Melbournelad @ 09/18/14 06:44 AM
Just to clarify, this is just for MyCareer and MyGM, not draft classes?

# 80 Bealdor @ 09/18/14 06:55 AM
Could you please stop trolling every thread with your PC masterrace BS? Thanks.

- Another PC gamer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.