Home
NBA 2K15 News Post



2K has just announced NBA2K TV, exclusively for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the video with sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita and cover athlete Kevin Durant and leave your thoughts.

Read the full press release below.

2K today introduced NBA2K TV, an innovative, player-focused, in-game broadcast program coming to the next-generation and PC versions of NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news by delivering compelling game-related programming and giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.

NBA 2KTV’s on-demand show format will also showcase content from the most popular gameplay features dictated by fans of NBA 2K15. Viewers can expect to see interviews with the game’s development team, gameplay highlights, game related events, basketball culture, NBA player interviews, basketball lifestyle and more.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 23 @ 09/20/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
In b4 "can't load NBA2K TV, servers down."

I don't want to be a dick, but as a Xbox360 user, it is outrageous to me that they spend all this time and resources to develop such gimmicks but they don't give half a s*it at last gen users...
I mean for 2K14 not even one patch came out despite the game desperately needed something to fix the many bugs it had. And also the lazy roster updates. BTW Chandler Parsons still has the same wrong cyberface.
But we pay the full price for the game too, only to get slapped in the face over and over again.
I know that 2k15 will be the same cause the trend nowadays is Get a next gen console or shut the F up! We don't care about you anymore! But please give me your 60$ for the same game as last year!


Also it would be nice to get an answer from an actual 2K guy to address some of this which are real existing problems, I'm not a *****, I'm just stuck with issues I thought a legit gaming company would address
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-service.html



Quote:
Profanity
Keep offensive language to a minimum. While we might let you get away with something you might hear on network television (no, NOT cable) or radio, don't go overboard. Simply editing a few letters with an asterisk or other symbols isn't allowed, either. A simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether.

Quote:
By registering at Operation Sports, you are agreeing to the Terms Of Service that the site administration has put into effect. With this agreement you, the user, agree that any post deemed inappropriate by the staff may be removed, and corrective action may be taken. The staff also reserves the right to revoke membership privileges at any time without notice or reason. The following is a list of items that are deemed inappropriate and will not be tolerated at Operation Sports. If you break any of these rules, corrective action will be taken, and can be as severe as deemed necessary by the staff.

FROM NOW ON, ANY AND ALL OFFENSES WILL BE MET WITH AN IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT BAN. THERE ARE NO INFRACTIONS, AND WARNINGS WILL BE USED AT A MODERATOR'S DISCRETION, IF AT ALL.
 
# 102 lakers24 @ 09/20/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
In b4 "can't load NBA2K TV, servers down."

I don't want to be a dick, but as a Xbox360 user, it is outrageous to me that they spend all this time and resources to develop such gimmicks but they don't give half a s*it at last gen users...
I mean for 2K14 not even one patch came out despite the game desperately needed something to fix the many bugs it had. And also the lazy roster updates. BTW Chandler Parsons still has the same wrong cyberface.
But we pay the full price for the game too, only to get slapped in the face over and over again.
I know that 2k15 will be the same cause the trend nowadays is Get a next gen console or shut the F up! We don't care about you anymore! But please give me your 60$ for the same game as last year!


Also it would be nice to get an answer from an actual 2K guy to address some of this which are real existing problems, I'm not a *****, I'm just stuck with issues I thought a legit gaming company would address
Why ask questions you already know the answers to though? I'm sorry to tell you, but last gen consoles aren't the focus anymore. It happened with the ps2 and xbox, it happens now to the ps3 and 360. All you will be getting is mainly roster updates and the gameplay changes along with crew. Everything else will be the same sorry to tell you. That has nothing to do with ignoring last gen or w.e it's just logical business. It's time to move on and if it wasn't for these consoles still having a rather large install base for being out so long, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make a 2k16 for last gen.
 
# 103 aholbert32 @ 09/20/14 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
In b4 "can't load NBA2K TV, servers down."

I don't want to be a dick, but as a Xbox360 user, it is outrageous to me that they spend all this time and resources to develop such gimmicks but they don't give half a s*it at last gen users...
I mean for 2K14 not even one patch came out despite the game desperately needed something to fix the many bugs it had. And also the lazy roster updates. BTW Chandler Parsons still has the same wrong cyberface.
But we pay the full price for the game too, only to get slapped in the face over and over again.
I know that 2k15 will be the same cause the trend nowadays is Get a next gen console or shut the F up! We don't care about you anymore! But please give me your 60$ for the same game as last year!


Also it would be nice to get an answer from an actual 2K guy to address some of this which are real existing problems, I'm not a *****, I'm just stuck with issues I thought a legit gaming company would address
The sense of entitlement is STRONG in this forum. First, unless this is your first time living through a console launch, you have no reason to be surprised that a game company chooses focus on Next gen instead of last gen. It happens with every gaming company whether its Sony, EA, Ubisoft or 2k. I guess none of them are "legit gaming companies"?

Also how much development time do you think was needed for this? They already have video in 2k14 so the tech wasnt developed for this game. The game devs arent going to be the ones who are producing this video series so it didnt take time from them developing the game for next or last gen.

Finally, you pay 60 bucks for the game at retail. If a company decides to patch the game or add features after launch...thats a bonus. Next time, maybe you will wait until after release to buy the game and see what people's impressions are or if there are any bugs in the game that you cant deal with. "Slapped in the face". Jesus. LOL.
 
# 104 luda06 @ 09/20/14 06:07 PM
The guy has a point, regardless if it's an industry practice or not, and if his grammar and politeness is off the mark.

That's how the industry works, and it's just some of the lesser evils we have to live with. It doesn't mean he or I have to like it. Not one bit.

Some facts are still relevant, such as last-generation consoles still having the largest install base, yet are second fiddle when it comes to newer features. That's understandable. The matter of untimely updates, is unacceptable in contrast to its next-generation counterparts.

To add on, I believe it's a bit disappointing when we accept things for how they are because "everyone else is doing it". That's how features and privileges are gradually removed and ignored over time. All it takes is for one corporation to start a trend, and that's in regards to anything.

The guy isn't asking for a whole lot, and I totally understand his frustration. 100%.
 
# 105 23 @ 09/20/14 06:13 PM
The problem is people feel as though they can come to OS and dump because they think the devs will see them complaining and fall over chairs to fix their personal gripes.


This is not 2k support its operationsports and it still doesn't mean you need to come here complaining about every single thing you can think of because it's a forum.

This mentality has gotten. Too far out of hand and don't be surprised if a lot of it is shut down this year
 
# 106 aholbert32 @ 09/20/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
The guy has a point, regardless if it's an industry practice or not, and if his grammar and politeness is off the mark.

That's how the industry works, and it's just some of the lesser evils we have to live with. It doesn't mean he or I have to like it. Not one bit.

Some facts are still relevant, such as last-generation consoles still having the largest install base, yet are second fiddle when it comes to newer features. That's understandable. The matter of untimely updates, is unacceptable in contrast to its next-generation counterparts.
A game company has to look toward the future and the only way to do that is to focus primarily on next gen games. A development team is only so big and to expect them to focus on last gen for even a fraction of their time is unrealistic and unreasonable. I would hate to have to wait for years for them to add all of the features they did this year because they felt an obligation to focus on adding features for a console that probably has 1 or two years left as a dominant console.

Same goes with updates. Most patches are done not only to fix issues for that particular game but also future games. Focusing on providing updates/patches for last gen is short sighted from a business perspective because that version will only be around for 2 yrs tops.

It sucks but people have a choice. They can not buy the game, save that money and put it toward a new system or they can buy the game and accept the limitations of the game on their current system.
 
# 107 aholbert32 @ 09/20/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The problem is people feel as though they can come to OS and dump because they think the devs will see them complaining and fall over chairs to fix their personal gripes.


This is not 2k support its operationsports and it still doesn't mean you need to come here complaining about every single thing you can think of because it's a forum.

This mentality has gotten. Too far out of hand and don't be surprised if a lot of it is shut down this year
Thats another great point and I'm something that I'm gonna address before release. Just because devs frequent the forum doesnt give you the right to demand that they answer your question or respond to your complaint. They dont have to answer a particular question or no questions at all.
 
# 108 luda06 @ 09/20/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A game company has to look toward the future and the only way to do that is to focus primarily on next gen games. A development team is only so big and to expect them to focus on last gen for even a fraction of their time is unrealistic and unreasonable. I would hate to have to wait for years for them to add all of the features they did this year because they felt an obligation to focus on adding features for a console that probably has 1 or two years left as a dominant console.

Same goes with updates. Most patches are done not only to fix issues for that particular game but also future games. Focusing on providing updates/patches for last gen is short sighted from a business perspective because that version will only be around for 2 yrs tops.

It sucks but people have a choice. They can not buy the game, save that money and put it toward a new system or they can buy the game and accept the limitations of the game on their current system.
As long as we know what's happening sucks, then I don't think we could ask for anything else.

2K can do whatever they want with their resources, and I'll continue to support them for as long as I'm happy with their games. Everyone should feel that way, and everyone should know that 2K (or anyone) can't make everyone happy. It doesn't mean they shouldn't try, because that's what the man's post sounded like to me.

I believe everyone should put their best foot forward when attempting to do anything. If not, let it go. There's a legitimate problem when there's a lack of consistency in regards to having the same level of support between platforms.

For example, Microsoft, Apple, and other tech corporations eventually drop support for their older releases, and have effectively communicated this. If someone were to purchase an older computer or device, then they should be well aware of what they have.

Maybe 2K should do a better job of ironing out those details for anyone with last-generation consoles. I believe that's fair and quite ethical for any business. So, I won't even try to rationalize whatever is going on the other side of the fence to justify how things are. That's their job, not mine, or anyone else not working with them.
 
# 109 HowDareI @ 09/20/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
The guy has a point, regardless if it's an industry practice or not, and if his grammar and politeness is off the mark.

That's how the industry works, and it's just some of the lesser evils we have to live with. It doesn't mean he or I have to like it. Not one bit.

Some facts are still relevant, such as last-generation consoles still having the largest install base, yet are second fiddle when it comes to newer features. That's understandable. The matter of untimely updates, is unacceptable in contrast to its next-generation counterparts.

To add on, I believe it's a bit disappointing when we accept things for how they are because "everyone else is doing it". That's how features and privileges are gradually removed and ignored over time. All it takes is for one corporation to start a trend, and that's in regards to anything.

The guy isn't asking for a whole lot, and I totally understand his frustration. 100%.
Why would they waste time cramming features into old consoles that have limited space? Why not push the new systems to really let their game shine with nothing holding it back? Not only does 2K wanna focus on next gen, I'm sure Microsoft and Sony would rather show off the game on newer consoles where it looks and plays better.

It's a partnership, Xbox and PS want users to switch to next gen and buy the new consoles and 2K is helping by making (imo) the best sports games on next gen.

Not to be a (you know) but really it's not that expensive to get a new system, really. It's been talked about for a while and it's been out for a while...if you're into games to the point where you come on the forums for them, you should be able to invest money and get the better version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
For example, Microsoft, Apple, and other tech corporations eventually drop support for their older releases, and have effectively communicated this. If someone were to purchase an older computer or device, then they should be well aware of what they have.

Maybe 2K should do a better job of ironing out those details for anyone with last-generation consoles. I believe that's fair and quite ethical for any business. So, I won't even try to rationalize whatever is going on the other side of the fence to justify how things are. That's their job, not mine, or anyone else not working with them.
2K isn't dropping support for last gen, as long as they're releasing the games and adding new features be happy. They're focusing on next gen because that's the new platform for 2K games, they can't make any more strides on 360 or PS3, it's just not possible.

It's like when the 2015 version of a car comes out, you can still take the old one to the garage but it doesn't have all the features of the new one...still works though.

If you want the best you gotta pay for it, I don't see how anyone can complain about last gen games not having all the features and improvements when it's almost impossible to add on to them.
 
# 110 luda06 @ 09/20/14 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Why would they waste time cramming features into old consoles that have limited space? Why not push the new systems to really let their game shine with nothing holding it back? Not only does 2K wanna focus on next gen, I'm sure Microsoft and Sony would rather show off the game on newer consoles where it looks and plays better.

It's a partnership, Xbox and PS want users to switch to next gen and buy the new consoles and 2K is helping by making (imo) the best sports games on next gen.

Not to be a (you know) but really it's not that expensive to get a new system, really. It's been talked about for a while and it's been out for a while...if you're into games to the point where you come on the forums for them, you should be able to invest money and get the better version.



2K isn't dropping support for last gen, as long as they're releasing the games and adding new features be happy. They're focusing on next gen because that's the new platform for 2K games, they can't make any more strides on 360 or PS3, it's just not possible.

It's like when the 2015 version of a car comes out, you can still take the old one to the garage but it doesn't have all the features of the new one...still works though.

If you want the best you gotta pay for it, I don't see how anyone can complain about last gen games not having all the features and improvements when it's almost impossible to add on to them.
Everything you've said is perfectly understandable, and quite logical. Really, it is. However, problems occur when this isn't communicated to potential consumers. Especially, when 2K is the only publisher for last-gen basketball simulation games.

That man was not asking for new features, but roster updates and bug fixes. In other words, he'd be happy paying $60 for NBA 2K14.2.14 featuring NBA 2K15 rosters. Negative connotation aside, again, he's not asking for much, if anything in light of what's being packed into its next-generation counterparts.
 
# 111 HowDareI @ 09/20/14 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Everything you've said is perfectly understandable, and quite logical. Really, it is. However, problems occur when this isn't communicated to potential consumers. Especially, when 2K is the only publisher for last-gen basketball simulation games.

That man was not asking for new features, but roster updates and bug fixes. In other words, he'd be happy paying $60 for NBA 2K14.2.14 featuring NBA 2K15 rosters. Negative connotation aside, again, he's not asking for much, if anything in light of what's being packed into its next-generation counterparts.
Well it seems to me that 2K probably has the same team working on last and next gen 2K's, so they probably look to get all updates out for the new consoles faster.

And I think (at least last year), all updates came out slower than usual because of all the bugs we had.

Can't say if it's a fluke or not but I'd be willing to bet last year was just schedule problems.
 
# 112 aholbert32 @ 09/20/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Everything you've said is perfectly understandable, and quite logical. Really, it is. However, problems occur when this isn't communicated to potential consumers. Especially, when 2K is the only publisher for last-gen basketball simulation games.

That man was not asking for new features, but roster updates and bug fixes. In other words, he'd be happy paying $60 for NBA 2K14.2.14 featuring NBA 2K15 rosters. Negative connotation aside, again, he's not asking for much, if anything in light of what's being packed into its next-generation counterparts.
Not really. He will get a roster update when the game releases. Now will he get more after release? Who knows. He wants a new cyberface for Chandler Parsons. Thats not a bug fix. He's unhappy with a player face.
 
# 113 mqtcelticsfan @ 09/20/14 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach k411
Alhobert can you check your personal messages please
For the record, I'm genuinely curious as to what this dude could possibly be asking each mod that told him to use the MyGM thread instead of starting new ones.

Now, to the actual point of the thread, I think it's a pretty cool idea, and from what was said in the other thread, they have a good start with the producer. I'm not likely to ever really pay attention to it, but any feature that increases engagement in the community is good for the game as a whole from year to year.
 
# 114 sniapeko @ 09/20/14 09:16 PM
First of all I apologize for the language of my previous post, I understand it was a bit excessive. Also if my grammar wasn't perfect I'm sorry but English is not my native language.

I have to say tho that luda06 was the only one to get my point: I don't care about having the same features from the next gen games.. I totally understand that there may be technical limitations. Actually, I don't want those features. I would never spend my time on a console watching an episode of 2K TV, but that's just me.
If it was for me, I would be happy to spend my money on a game without even MyTeam, MyPlayer, Crews, Lebron's Path etc. but with accurate rosters and no bugs. But that's just me, I perfectly understand that there are millions of other users who think differently.

The Chandler Parsons example I made was just to show the first thing that came to my mind as an example of a thing that 2K neglected for multiple years, but that would take them less time and resources to fix than implementing this 2K TV thing.
Yes I'm frustrated because I'm showing loyalty to the franchise even if I can't get a next gen system (and don't come here telling me it's not THAT, expensive... I have better ways of spending 500$ and that's none of your business) buying the game every year but instead of seeing some progress I see regression. NBA 2K13 at least received multiple patches and had more timely roster updates,last year we got no patches and roster updates where the new players even had the wrong photo (Faverani).

Bottom line, I think that if you don't care about supporting at least at a minimum level one of your products you shouldn't even bother releasing it, instead of happily grabbing the money your clients are throwing at you and then leave them in oblivion.

Thank god there are great roster editors on forums like this who put a lot more passion and time at making the game better (for free nonetheless!) than the actual developers of the game.
 
# 115 mqtcelticsfan @ 09/20/14 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
If it was for me, I would be happy to spend my money on a game without even MyTeam, MyPlayer, Crews, Lebron's Path etc. but with accurate rosters and no bugs. But that's just me, I perfectly understand that there are millions of other users who think differently.
"I'm aware that there are millions of other gamers that want new features that take a lot of time to work on, now allow me to discuss how the 2K team does not care about the game because they're not fixing some minor things that are important to me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
The Chandler Parsons example I made was just to show the first thing that came to my mind as an example of a thing that 2K neglected for multiple years, but that would take them less time and resources to fix than implementing this 2K TV thing.
It doesn't matter that it takes less time and resources. It still takes some time and resources, which could be spent working on things like 2K TV that a lot of people might care about enough to continue spending money on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
Yes I'm frustrated because I'm showing loyalty to the franchise even if I can't get a next gen system (and don't come here telling me it's not THAT, expensive... I have better ways of spending 500$ and that's none of your business) buying the game every year but instead of seeing some progress I see regression. NBA 2K13 at least received multiple patches and had more timely roster updates,last year we got no patches and roster updates where the new players even had the wrong photo (Faverani).
2K also has better things to spend their money on than man-hours to continuously patch a game that is not going to be something that is likely to help the company going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
Bottom line, I think that if you don't care about supporting at least at a minimum level one of your products you shouldn't even bother releasing it, instead of happily grabbing the money your clients are throwing at you and then leave them in oblivion.
Even if it were the case that 2K released a product that nobody bothered to exert any effort on (it's not), it'd be a terribly stupid business decision to leave that money on the table. They're not going to make last-gen a focus, because the market for those games is dwindling, but the market is still there right now and they have to capitalize on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
Thank god there are great roster editors on forums like this who put a lot more passion and time at making the game better (for free nonetheless!) than the actual developers of the game.
This is just offensively false. These roster editors do a fantastic job, but I'm guessing they don't spend 40+ hours a week for an entire year on making the game better. 2K has some passionate, talented developers that make this game possible. The fact that there are talented people out there willing to fix these rosters so carefully is evidence that 2K is making a product worth playing, or else I'm sure they'd find something else to do.
 
# 116 CookNBA03 @ 09/20/14 11:46 PM
My first thought was a show that discusses events/moves around the league like signings, trades/rumors, etc.
 
# 117 HowDareI @ 09/21/14 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
First of all I apologize for the language of my previous post, I understand it was a bit excessive. Also if my grammar wasn't perfect I'm sorry but English is not my native language.

I have to say tho that luda06 was the only one to get my point: I don't care about having the same features from the next gen games.. I totally understand that there may be technical limitations. Actually, I don't want those features. I would never spend my time on a console watching an episode of 2K TV, but that's just me.
If it was for me, I would be happy to spend my money on a game without even MyTeam, MyPlayer, Crews, Lebron's Path etc. but with accurate rosters and no bugs. But that's just me, I perfectly understand that there are millions of other users who think differently.

The Chandler Parsons example I made was just to show the first thing that came to my mind as an example of a thing that 2K neglected for multiple years, but that would take them less time and resources to fix than implementing this 2K TV thing.
Yes I'm frustrated because I'm showing loyalty to the franchise even if I can't get a next gen system (and don't come here telling me it's not THAT, expensive... I have better ways of spending 500$ and that's none of your business) buying the game every year but instead of seeing some progress I see regression. NBA 2K13 at least received multiple patches and had more timely roster updates,last year we got no patches and roster updates where the new players even had the wrong photo (Faverani).

Bottom line, I think that if you don't care about supporting at least at a minimum level one of your products you shouldn't even bother releasing it, instead of happily grabbing the money your clients are throwing at you and then leave them in oblivion.

Thank god there are great roster editors on forums like this who put a lot more passion and time at making the game better (for free nonetheless!) than the actual developers of the game.
Come on man, I didn't personally attack anyone but $400 for a PS4 or Xbox One is a small price to pay one time for the better game (that's updated with more urgency) that's all I'm saying.
You were talking about Parsons and roster updates and both of those are present on next gen.

And I guess you seem to not understand, nowhere on the 2K14 or whatever 2K it is for that matter does it say "we're obligated to update rosters every week"..it does say, however, "rosters are accurate as of..." every year.

If you can't wait to have the official rosters it's not that hard to do it yourself, a lot of us do...

But this is so off topic...

I think this is pretty cool, anything that adds more content (if they keep it updated) is a plus, regardless if you like it or not. For a $60 game, to have all these modes and features is awesome as a gamer.

I just hope "MyPark" is going to deliver that Crew experience to us next gen guys like they've been promising, it would be cool to have top 10's on 2K TV for Park plays.
 
# 118 Rell7thirty @ 09/21/14 01:20 AM
I just came in here to say this looks awesome. It's refreshing to see 2K try out new things and out their ideas in games in order for us to have fun. Not only are they bundling true next gen features for a true next gen experience, but it also seems like they're going to have a "channel" dedicated just for 2k gamers.. With periodic updates, interviews, etc.. With people I'm sure they are PAYING, because it's a job, which most of you 12 year olds or adults depending on mommy don't understand or care about, and supplying it to us for FREE (unless there's some kind of subscription fee which I doubt) and STILL you guys derail the thread with nonsense. If your arguments had justifiable points, then you'd get somewhere.

Man, some of you guys are ridiculous. You see a screenshot of a menu showcasing a new feature, and immediately jump to conclusions. Have some faith in 2k. I genuinely believe they care about the fans. I also believe the majority will love and use this feature, give it a chance. This trailer is just a tease
 
# 119 Jellobiafra @ 09/22/14 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I saw this thread title and I instantly thought this was about some type of ingame recap show for MyGM, now THAT would be exciting as heck, but this still seems interesting
This ^^^ I did exactly the same thing.
 
# 120 TheRealMrRager_ @ 09/22/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
That's not enough!
How long does it take to 2K for making 5-minute NBA2K15 old gen gameplay, record it and put it on Youtube !? Come on. If you do not show any old-gen gameplay means that gameplay is the same as last year, only with some players movement plus
I don't know what you're really looking for in last gen. Those consoles have pretty much maxed out their potential. What you saw last year is what you'll get this year. It's time to upgrade, buddy.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.