Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a tuner update for NHL 15 and included the details for it. They didn't specify which console(s) it is for, although users in the EA Forums have seen it pop up for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Try it out and let us know what you are seeing.
  • The effectiveness of cross-body one timers has been reduced.
  • Various goal scoring exploits have been addressed.
  • Improved goalie positioning and reads for breakaways.
  • Reduced the goalie’s bias to protect the forehand side slightly, as low far side slap shots are sometimes exposed.
  • Lower hit assistance on the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.
  • Offensive players are now easier to knock over during big stride dekes.
  • Puck control has been tuned down when the puck carriers’ stick incidentally collides with an opposing players.
  • Shot accuracy will decrease when a player has low puck control.
  • Puck control will decrease slightly if you string together multiple dekes.
  • Increased poke check effectiveness for the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 phillyfan23 @ 09/21/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
same here.
im on ps4 and only have tuners 1.00 and 1.01 to choose from
do you have 1.01 or "latest"??

# 22 Elite49 @ 09/21/14 03:04 PM
Guessing
1.00 is the one shipped with
1.01 is release day tuner
Latest should be 1.02 (this one).

# 23 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/21/14 03:30 PM
I heard the one from yesterday replaces the prior one and its been like this for a while in the altito slider thread .

I finally went online and it said I had a update but I heard its not much different gonna try now.

# 24 Elite49 @ 09/21/14 04:40 PM
Went on PS4 version, downloaded tuner, went to settings and still only see 1.00. Reset game, went back online, didn't try to download, went to settings still 1.00 so yeah its broken.

# 25 ericromain @ 09/21/14 07:24 PM
The new tuner had a huge impact in my HUT play. I went from getting blown out constantly being blown out by figure skaters, so beating them by a few goals. I even almost won a play off championship this weekend.
It's amazing how something as simple as being able to knock my opponent's stick improves the gameplay.

# 26 Elite49 @ 09/21/14 08:17 PM
Those of you with PS4s that actually have the tuner update you have multiple tuners to choose from?

# 27 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/21/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
The new tuner had a huge impact in my HUT play. I went from getting blown out constantly being blown out by figure skaters, so beating them by a few goals. I even almost won a play off championship this weekend.
It's amazing how something as simple as being able to knock my opponent's stick improves the gameplay.

Yeah when a scale of a slider only has 4 or 6 clicks and people move them 2 clicks like its just a tiny tweak it amazes me as it doesnt take much to make this game play great or a nightmare .

# 28 mgftp @ 09/21/14 09:56 PM
I gotta say, thank god this came out.

I have been extremely disappointed in NHL15 mostly in regards to all the missing features, and although the new gameplay engine had it's shinning points I could not stand the advantage the puck carrier had in comparison to guys defending. It was getting to the point where I almost couldn't play the game anymore seeing pucks attached to sticks go literally right through every single stick and skate of the opposing team like some sort of magic trick. I've played about 10 games since this tuner and can safely say as far as the gameplay engine goes NHL15 is pretty solid now, sure there are some little tweaks I think should be made, but I am now very happy with how the game plays. Now they just need to bring back all the features they left out of this year's game so I have something to play besides Versus.

# 29 Elite49 @ 09/21/14 11:33 PM
Got home from work and decided to try again. Deleted my NHL User Settings, redid all the intro stuff, set up settings. Looked in advanced settings right away only had Tuner 1.00. Did a quick look for an online match, said checking Gameplay Updates, exited out, and told me I updated my gameplay updates. Went to check and still only have 1.00 and nothing else. Unless someone was wrong about it showing a selectable 1.01 as well then this is randomly broken. I wouldn't give a damn if it didn't sound like it actually does stuff. Unfortunately nothing for AI going for pucks.

# 30 bwiggy33 @ 09/22/14 02:32 AM
For people that have got the tuner to work, has it improved the game? The sticks colliding with players are the types of additions that this game needs if I want to purchase it down the line. The tuner sounds decent actually. Obviously it doesn't fix the really big issues I have with the game, but none the less it does sound like a step in the right direction from a gameplay stand point. Also why is it that they increase the poke effectiveness on Hardcore but they decide not to do that kind of thing with I don't know NEUTRAL ZONE PRESSURE! By adding in higher poke effectiveness they are basically saying that's what the hardcore players want. Well we want other things as well so keep on adding to the hardcore style of gameplay.

# 31 bonannogiovanni @ 09/22/14 04:45 AM
I'm sure we're talking about nothing (PS4 at least), there's no 1.01 tuner whatsoever. If someone has it (1.01 shown in advanced gameply settings besides 1.00 and latest, that's the only evidence), then prove me I'm wrong.

# 32 Gangrel @ 09/22/14 09:11 AM
You know you have the tuner if you reset your sliders to hard core and hitting assistance is zero.

It was set to two on initial release I think.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 33 Al_Tito13 @ 09/22/14 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
You know you have the tuner if you reset your sliders to hard core and hitting assistance is zero.

This is correct. Also Human Poke Effectiveness is now at 3 and CPU's one is at 2, both were at 1 before the tuner.

# 34 jake19ny @ 09/22/14 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
This is correct. Also Human Poke Effectiveness is now at 3 and CPU's one is at 2, both were at 1 before the tuner.
so this tuner is nothing more than a slider set? has anyone else noticed any game improvements because I guess I have it then and I noticed nothing other than those slider changes in the default settings

# 35 Al_Tito13 @ 09/22/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
so this tuner is nothing more than a slider set? has anyone else noticed any game improvements because I guess I have it then and I noticed nothing other than those slider changes in the default settings
The new tuner seemed to simply have overwritten on tuner 1.00 and I didn't see a big difference offline to be honest. The biggest change is in online play, with better poke checks and slighty lowered puck control, but if you already use custom sliders offline, this won't affect you much. I didn't see much improvements in stick collisions either.

# 36 Vikes1 @ 09/22/14 10:08 AM
Quote:
The new tuner seemed to simply have overwritten on tuner 1.00 and I didn't see a big difference offline to be honest. The biggest change is in online play, with better poke checks and slighty lowered puck control, but if you already use custom sliders offline, this won't affect you much. I didn't see much improvements in stick collisions either.
Yep Al_Tito, I played off line with 1.01 and really didn't notice much of difference.

# 37 jake19ny @ 09/22/14 10:41 AM
Quote:
OK Thanks. So once again no love for us offline gamers. Thanks EA for not addressing the lack of penalty problem, amongst other things.....

# 38 MizzouRah @ 09/22/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel

I had to act like I was playing an online vs game and then when I backed out, it told me it downloaded a new game update (xb1).

I reset to default hardcore and hitting assistance is set to 1.

I notice some funky stuff with sliders though.. I change a few things and then it goes to "custom" but things like game speed go back to "simulation" settings. Some really goofy things going on with sliders.

# 39 Elite49 @ 09/22/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep Al_Tito, I played off line with 1.01 and really didn't notice much of difference.
Does it actually say 1.01 in the tuners you can select or do you just have it on LATEST.

# 40 csamuelsvt @ 09/22/14 10:55 AM
I noticed on the EA boards people after this tuner were having a harder time scoring after the tuner, just like myself.

Goalies seem a lot better especially on breakaways and just tougher to score on in general

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.