Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a tuner update for NHL 15 and included the details for it. They didn't specify which console(s) it is for, although users in the EA Forums have seen it pop up for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Try it out and let us know what you are seeing.
  • The effectiveness of cross-body one timers has been reduced.
  • Various goal scoring exploits have been addressed.
  • Improved goalie positioning and reads for breakaways.
  • Reduced the goalie’s bias to protect the forehand side slightly, as low far side slap shots are sometimes exposed.
  • Lower hit assistance on the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.
  • Offensive players are now easier to knock over during big stride dekes.
  • Puck control has been tuned down when the puck carriers’ stick incidentally collides with an opposing players.
  • Shot accuracy will decrease when a player has low puck control.
  • Puck control will decrease slightly if you string together multiple dekes.
  • Increased poke check effectiveness for the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Elite49 @ 09/22/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
to tell if you have the tuner on ps4.

1. turn on the ps4
2. insert NHL
3. press the option button while highliting NHL
4. select information
5. it will tell you right there what version you have.
mine says 1.01 so i have the tuner.

play an online game if you dont have the tuner and pay close attention to the bott6om left hand corner of the screen. it will say installing game update.
The Version number of the game has nothing to do with the Tuner Update. Version Number = Patch Number. Tuner updates are not patches, they are shown in the Advanced Settings submenu. We know how to download the tuner, the problem is that some people seem to have a 1.01 option while others don't.

# 42 Splitter77 @ 09/22/14 11:12 AM
im on ps4
alk i have is 1.00 and latest

# 43 JezFranco @ 09/22/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
You know you have the tuner if you reset your sliders to hard core and hitting assistance is zero.

It was set to two on initial release I think.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
This is correct. Also Human Poke Effectiveness is now at 3 and CPU's one is at 2, both were at 1 before the tuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
so this tuner is nothing more than a slider set? has anyone else noticed any game improvements because I guess I have it then and I noticed nothing other than those slider changes in the default settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep Al_Tito, I played off line with 1.01 and really didn't notice much of difference.
Well this seems to be something new!?

In past games, the actual sliders would not move when they released a new tuner set. Only the values "behind the scenes" was changed.

So this basically means they changed the hardcore settings.
I.e. anyone using custom settings won't see any difference.

I am confused.
Is this the future of tuners for this game, a new set of sliders... not actual tuning of the values that the sliders represent?

# 44 bigwill33 @ 09/22/14 01:14 PM
Hahaha geez, what a complete mess! Can this team do even the simplest things correctly?

I'm actually surprised that the tuner came with notes on what it "fixed". I should've guessed that they would manage to fudge something else up with it; like how to download/install it and other seemingly simplistic functions of what comes with releasing something like a tuner set.

Also comical that it could just be a simple slider alteration and not anything that is actually under the hood.

It's like even when they try they shoot themselves in the foot. And once again we, the consumers, are left having more questions than answers with this game.

# 45 m_maclean24 @ 09/22/14 01:52 PM
I enjoy the game...but this is getting a bit ridiculous...there's only so much you can take.

# 46 MizzouRah @ 09/22/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
I noticed on the EA boards people after this tuner were having a harder time scoring after the tuner, just like myself.

Goalies seem a lot better especially on breakaways and just tougher to score on in general
In two games post tuner, I've thought this too.. glad it just isn't me. I did see two clean wrister goals.. but the goalies do seem like they are tougher to score on since the tuner update.

# 47 ParisB @ 09/22/14 05:46 PM
I prefer harder to score. Better than seeing 8-6 games on 8 minute Allstar.

# 48 MizzouRah @ 09/22/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I prefer harder to score. Better than seeing 8-6 games on 8 minute Allstar.
The tuner has done that.. and I would agree.. it's really made me want to play game after game.

# 49 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/22/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh
To me it seems like the goalies are back to being superpowered and stopping everything, and 80% of shots end up in the glove.

Was having 5 goal games to 6 straight 0-0 in regulation. 2 of those games was against a friend.

Not too into it. The goalies finally felt loose and organic. If you faked, and got a good step, the would ACTUALLY be caught in their momentum shift and you could see, and bury the empty net. Today, nothing can get past any goalie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
In two games post tuner, I've thought this too.. glad it just isn't me. I did see two clean wrister goals.. but the goalies do seem like they are tougher to score on since the tuner update.
I still wont DL the tuner so is the robo goalie now back ? anyone else have any thoughts on this as I love the tuner I have now and balanced my goalies off that . thanks

# 50 csamuelsvt @ 09/22/14 06:46 PM
idk what they did, but been getting my *** handed to me 3 straight games since this tuner....much much harder now

# 51 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/22/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
idk what they did, but been getting my *** handed to me 3 straight games since this tuner....much much harder now
? harder good or Harder just robotic boost ?

# 52 csamuelsvt @ 09/22/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
? harder good or Harder just robotic boost ?
I don't consider myself incredible or exploit goals or whatever in this game, i play hockey(cycle, work back to points, dump and chase etc)...been playing these nhl games forever..but i just can't score now...been using someones sliders on these boards and had to adjust goalies reaction and stuff....still can't score...

Some may like it as it is challenging....but the goalies are definitely tougher now

# 53 jyoung @ 09/22/14 07:07 PM
The problem with the goalies in this series is that they'll routinely make sprawling saves by diving across their body or sliding across the crease with a split-second warping animation. But then the next shift they'll turn around and let-in an incredibly weak wrister from a terrible shooting angle, or get fooled by a simple forehand-backhand deke with the skater coming in from the side of net.

Basically, the goalies will save way too many shots that they shouldn't, while simultaneously letting-in way too many shots that they shouldn't.

The goalie AI is probably the most frustrating part of the game, as it has been for years now. NHL 15 has done nothing to improve upon that weakness.

# 54 jake19ny @ 09/22/14 07:11 PM
I'm not convinced that the tuner had anything to with that because it seems that the tuner is more for online gamers and before the tuner came out I had great sliders and then all of a sudden something happened and my game reverted back to a really arcade type of game with super CPU players, and I'm not the only one that's had this happen. In NHL 14 I used to reset the sliders before every game and then re-input them before I played and my games were good but its more difficult to do that now so I cant tell if that's the problem.

# 55 csamuelsvt @ 09/22/14 07:26 PM
Figures I manage to score 3 goals now once i type all of this....make that 7 goals now....makes no sense haha

# 56 Splitter77 @ 09/22/14 08:36 PM
im so confused

# 57 Mac_Lovin @ 09/22/14 10:31 PM
I still have no clue where to download/prompt the download of this "tuner" on Xbox One...any help would be greatly appreciated!

# 58 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The problem with the goalies in this series is that they'll routinely make sprawling saves by diving across their body or sliding across the crease with a split-second warping animation. But then the next shift they'll turn around and let-in an incredibly weak wrister from a terrible shooting angle, or get fooled by a simple forehand-backhand deke with the skater coming in from the side of net.

Basically, the goalies will save way too many shots that they shouldn't, while simultaneously letting-in way too many shots that they shouldn't.

The goalie AI is probably the most frustrating part of the game, as it has been for years now. NHL 15 has done nothing to improve upon that weakness.
Agreed but that also has to do with how the game is programmed and stuff like tilted Ice also effects the game skewing but I didnt see much of this in NHL 15 once I adjusted sliders and Goalie screen slider stops alot of the weak goals programmed in this game but I always been able to find a happy medium.

Well Im downloading the patch and tuner now so I will know immediately what has changed .

Hey does skating feel any different ?

# 59 MizzouRah @ 09/23/14 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Lovin
I still have no clue where to download/prompt the download of this "tuner" on Xbox One...any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just act like you are doing an online game vs someone and on the team selection screen, back out of it and you should see a message that a game update downloaded.

# 60 Splitter77 @ 09/23/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Lovin
im with you.
i have no clue how to get the tuner.
i dont have playstation plus, so i cant play online games.
if it was like last year it should prompt you to download the tuner at the game start up menu. but it doesnt do that for me.
wish they would give an answer on this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.