Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

According to the PlayStation.Blog, it doesn’t look like we will see an NBA 2K15 demo this week. Demos typically release 2 weeks before the game releases to stores, which means we probably won't see one this year, for the second year in a row.

We have reached out to 2K for confirmation and will update this post when we hear back.

UPDATE: Just received confirmation, there will be no NBA 2K15 demo this year.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 WTF @ 09/21/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
2k Demos as we all know are usually pretty stripped down...would a demo from them really give you that feeling you need? Has it with past demos from them? Curious
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.

# 82 23 @ 09/21/14 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.
Maybe next time you should turn defensive assist off

You can force the controls in a certain way where you're doing all kinds of crazy stuff too unintended, but I agree that you shouldnt be always forced out of position just because. Now if it makes sense thats another argument.

# 83 El_Poopador @ 09/21/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
2k Demos as we all know are usually pretty stripped down...would a demo from them really give you that feeling you need? Has it with past demos from them? Curious
It would for me. I'm more interested in the gameplay side of things, and you can't see differences from watching videos.

# 84 WTF @ 09/21/14 06:47 PM
That's the first thing I do Dre. Defensive assist is horrible, but the game shouldn't force me anywhere, especially out of position, when defensive assist is at 0.

Those are the things I want a demo for. I don't want to pay for game fly when I play basketball titles, and not much else.

I'll wait to see some lengthy videos and grab it on Craigslist after the hoopla has died down if I see it's toned down my issues considerably. I can handle some degree of this stuff, but not that much.

I was under the assumption that I'd be able to try it prior. Like kehlis mentioned, maybe a best buy will have it out on demo.

# 85 Sinner @ 09/21/14 06:50 PM
I always thought that they even left some Gameplay changes out of demos, maybe not a lot of course but some.

# 86 23 @ 09/21/14 06:50 PM
I hated their demos to be honest with you. Too short and too rigid, stripped down and I never really get too used to controls with them.

I find that I can play just fine with defensive assist on. I tried it with it at 0 and it seemed to be more of a hinderance to me with it off... not sure why but I like playing on ball D as well as some chasing guys around screens so I dont have issues most of the time.

I know when to bump and guy then move back in time enough where im not hurting myself or reach in to stop his progress of waiting for a play to evolve then back up so I wont get caught reaching and get burned. Seems to work just fine for me.

# 87 The 24th Letter @ 09/21/14 07:01 PM
Like I said man, I wanted a demo too...(mainly for selfish reasons, this was already a day one but for me) but if your truly interested in playing the game before making a decision on buying there are definitely a lot of options out there....if your not a fan of the way 2k bball plays in the first place though, I don't think a demo would matter in the end.

# 88 The 24th Letter @ 09/21/14 07:03 PM
Quote:
I always thought that they even left some Gameplay changes out of demos, maybe not a lot of course but some.

Can't think of one 2k, or bball game demo period that was a true reflection of the game....to me they're just appetizers...

# 89 cdk10 @ 09/21/14 07:06 PM
Meh, I didn't really expect a demo anyway so no biggie for me. And I agree, everyone knows how 2K plays and I don't think that 15 will be groundbreakingly different.

Seems like most devs on PS4/X1 are not releasing demos. Maybe it's a next gen thing??

# 90 23 @ 09/21/14 07:09 PM
I remember this for defense long ago... ..not everyone gets forced out on D like that

# 91 spankdatazz22 @ 09/21/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
....if your not a fan of the way 2k bball plays in the first place though, I don't [think] a demo would matter in the end.
Bolded for truth

# 92 videlsports @ 09/21/14 07:27 PM
No big deal to me, I mean I wanted to try it out sooner but Oct 7 will be here soon enough

# 93 jadert @ 09/21/14 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Brother, you know how 2K plays. 2K hasn't really changed gameplay in years. 2K is not going to change dramatically to address most of your concerns because I think it is written in the code. So until they get a new engine and completely rework their style of gameplay you won't be happy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

# 94 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/21/14 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
All about the fans.
This news sure does seem like it

# 95 mrclutch @ 09/21/14 07:54 PM
Would have been nice but it's is still a day one purchase for me.

# 96 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/21/14 08:02 PM
This just pushed me over the edge to wait until next year

I'm not going to just take their word for it that all the defensive problems are fixed and the CPU play is closer to reality on higher difficulties instead of having centers like Deandre Jordan hitting post fadeaways on HOF "simulation" difficulty and settings

All they've done as of now is show new non-oncourt gameplay features like new commentary, face scans, etc

And the game is almost out. Unless we suddenly get a crap ton of gameplay videos and dev diaries on the gameplay stuff for the die hard fan (like we did with NBA 2k11) in the next two weeks than I see another repeat of last year.

# 97 titans321 @ 09/21/14 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not money...time. You dont want the demo to misrepresent the final version of the game and in order to do that you would have to wait until later in production to produce the demo. That takes away time that could be used to focus on things that will be in the retail version.

There is a reason why companies are moving away from demos. Games like NBA 2k and Madden sell themselves because of exclusivity and track record. There arent a ton of people who need a demo to convince them to buy the game. They know by now if they like 2k Basketball or Madden football.

So why release a demo that 1) wont represent the final product and 2) isnt likely to convince a ton of people to buy the game. Releasing a bad demo can be detrimental to a good game (see EA UFC) and its rare that even a good demo convinces people to buy a game thats already a mainstay.
There are tons of new gamers on the market who have never played 2K in their life and would buy it it they played the demo. Why are you acting like everyone in the world has played 2K before and know if they like it or not?

# 98 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/21/14 08:13 PM
Not having a demo isn't a big deal to me. I've bought every game for 15 years so I don't need convincing. I'm more concerned with whether or not pre-loading/pre-ordering will be available on Xbox One since I want to play it at midnight without having to wait and download 40 GB.

# 99 zrtelford @ 09/21/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
This just pushed me over the edge to wait until next year

I'm not going to just take their word for it that all the defensive problems are fixed and the CPU play is closer to reality on higher difficulties instead of having centers like Deandre Jordan hitting post fadeaways on HOF "simulation" difficulty and settings

All they've done as of now is show new non-oncourt gameplay features like new commentary, face scans, etc

And the game is almost out. Unless we suddenly get a crap ton of gameplay videos and dev diaries on the gameplay stuff for the die hard fan (like we did with NBA 2k11) in the next two weeks than I see another repeat of last year.

Why couldn't you wait till a few weeks after release? Hover these forums and see what people think, and when I say people I mean people that aren't trolling, but actually giving constructive feedback. But no demo pushed you over the edge? Ok. That makes a lot of sense.

# 100 JSensui @ 09/21/14 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. I dont think you know "a lot" of people doing that. I'm not preordering either but that doesnt really hurt 2k's sales. Shoot, once you start seeing streams/videos/impressions of the game, you will buy the game at retail price if you like what you see.
Didn't you say yourself that you think most will buy it on launch? Are you disagreeing with me or agreeing with me?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.