Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Video by Chris Smoove
on YouTube.

NBA 2K15 is rolling with a brand new look this year to MyCAREER with an all-new backstory where you will (spoiler alert) become an undrafted free agent. This year's mode begins in January instead of before the NBA season, where you will be signing on with short-term deals trying to make a team in the NBA. Another tidbit we've already known is you'll be able to scan your face into the game if you so choose, so your player will look a lot more like yourself if you want to go that route.

The big thing is that you'll be testing free agency right off of the bat, and testing different offers against one another. This is a unique take to the Career mode story, and it seems like a hopeful prospect that you'll be doing a lot of new things in this year's mode you haven't yet done.

Here's to hoping you can skip the cut scenes!

What did you think about the opening scene and the face scan technology?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cowboy008 @ 09/22/14 04:53 PM
Never played MyCareer before but I may give it a try when I'm not playing MyGM and MyLeague

# 42 Trackball @ 09/22/14 04:54 PM
Just a reminder, folks...

When did Linsanity start?

That's right--February 2012.

For an undrafted player, this is realistic.

# 43 jaateloauto @ 09/22/14 04:54 PM
Hope you can skip the cutscenes this year.

Starting in January is good though, the NBA season is way too long. Hope you can also drop in to games like you can in MyGM or MyLeague so you can actually play with 10-12 minute quarters to have stats compareable to real life yet don't have to play much longer than with shorters quarter length.

# 44 swac07 @ 09/22/14 04:54 PM
I can dig...im liking the idea of going undrafted and finally another voice for your character besides "Drake" lol

# 45 WaddupCouzin @ 09/22/14 04:56 PM
Also, I like the option of experiencing Free Agency and taking my Talents To South Beach or LA or NYC. I'd like to experience virtually what LeBron, Carmelo, and D12 experienced!

# 46 Mhya4Short23 @ 09/22/14 05:00 PM
.....I still don't understand why its so hard to get realistic hairstyles.....like seriously 2k. smh

# 47 SportsFanatic10 @ 09/22/14 05:00 PM
i'm not really liking this so far, but i wasn't expecting to. I skipped 2k14 and still play 2k13 almost every day. As cool as MyCareer can be i've always had too many issues with it, such as being forced to play all the key games, coach playing you out of position and too many/too few minutes, no sliders, never get injured, and now storylines etc.

What i've been doing is creating my guy and starting him off at whatever ovr i want with high potential and then adding sig skills when appropriate and signing him for cheap to the team of my choosing and controling all 30 teams. That way you can make sure the league and player movement stays realistic.

I play with player lock on and then sub in and out whenever i think i should and just put it on coach mode. I'll play 5 regular season games each season of my choosing and then sim the rest besides playing all playoff games if my team made it. the no coach mode made me skip 2k14, i really hope that's back this year because the MyLeague looks awesome and i can't wait to play this way again with all the new features for this mode looks awesome!

# 48 yusah @ 09/22/14 05:01 PM
I think the new rival will be Jeremy Brown. The 60th pick in the real NBA Draft is Cory Jefferson.

# 49 Trackball @ 09/22/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusah
I think the new rival will be Jeremy Brown. The 60th pick in the real NBA Draft is Cory Jefferson.
Or it's just a filler name.

Like in 2K12, where Jonas Valanciunas hadn't signed with the Raptors yet (even after the lockout ended, he waited for the end of the season to sign), the fifth pick of the in-game draft always wound up being the fictional "Nick Brown from Boston College."

# 50 godylla @ 09/22/14 05:03 PM
With nothing on the walls to speak of, and all that empty shelf space on the entertainment center, is it possible that 2k could be bringing back a version of The Crib feature that was so famous in NFL 2k5? Just a huge jump to conclusions and wishful thinking, but I really enjoyed that feature in that game.

# 51 MikeBadge @ 09/22/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

His one beef, though, was that forcing you to go in the first round rendered it impossible to be drafted by the Golden State Warriors (his real-life home is in San Francisco, though he's in NYU law school right now), because they didn't have a first-round pick last year. Or this year! (I thought the Stepien Rule forbade teams sending away draft picks from consecutive years...)
This through me for a loop when it happened with the Pelicans this year. According to the Stepien Rule, you're not allowed to not have a first round pick in consecutive drafts; but the rule only counts for present and future drafts. So while a team couldn't trade their '15 and '16 picks right now, they could trade '15 now and trade '16 once the '15 draft is over. It's a little weird.

For the actual mode though, it's reminding a lot of The Life. While I didn't actually hate those (to be honest I was starved for any type of basketball story/career mode at the time) it was very obviously doing something that was a story mode and not a career mode. I think 2K is still trying to do a career mode (hence, MyCareer) and for me that just doesn't work without more freedom.

Honestly hope they turn MyLeague into Connected MyLeague in the future so we have a second Career option with a lot more customization and freedom to play out our careers in different ways. That may be a big ask, though.

# 52 deetoman @ 09/22/14 05:06 PM
This will be my first year playing 2k on next gen so I'll be playing this, but I'm ready for them to have an actual career mode that includes hiring agents, getting drafted/ going undrafted, a lot of interaction leading up to different cut scenes...That would be nice... Sort of like the old smackdown games for PS2.

# 53 Clappington @ 09/22/14 05:06 PM
I just want to be on Hornets so regrardless if its my 1st year I will be on the Hornets 2nd year hopefully So I love this

# 54 swac07 @ 09/22/14 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
With nothing on the walls to speak of, and all that empty shelf space on the entertainment center, is it possible that 2k could be bringing back a version of The Crib feature that was so famous in NFL 2k5? Just a huge jump to conclusions and wishful thinking, but I really enjoyed that feature in that game.
Great observation!! I hope so that would be awesome

# 55 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/22/14 05:11 PM
I like the concept of really having to work your way onto a team. However, you should have the ABILITY to get drafted. Not the option to get drafted, the ability. There should be summer league, there should be combines, all the stuff leading up to the draft. And based on your performance in those you either get drafted and jump right into the NBA season or you don't get drafted and workout for teams, go overseas, play in the D-league, etc. there should be more flexibility basically and whether or not you get drafted should be based solely on how good you are as a player of this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 56 ShogunTake @ 09/22/14 05:12 PM
Is that Kanye West doing the voice acting?

# 57 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I like having the option of going to the team of my choice, and not the Pistons like I was last year. Anything but the bloody Pistons! Lol.
At PG, I started in the All-Star game, got ROY, got league MVP, won the title and was named Finals MVP...all for the Detroit Pistons. I couldn't imagine playing for them NOT @ the PG position though.

# 58 Goffs @ 09/22/14 05:16 PM
I'm cool with the cut scenes just as long I can skip them...

# 59 kurt2134 @ 09/22/14 05:16 PM
Not a huge fan of these story driven cut-scene heavy My Player modes but it seemed alright. The voice work reminds me of GTA.

# 60 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
Not a huge fan of these story driven cut-scene heavy My Player modes but it seemed alright. The voice work reminds me of GTA.
It's nowhere near GTA in terms of voice acting idk where you guys are getting this from.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.