Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Video by Chris Smoove
on YouTube.

NBA 2K15 is rolling with a brand new look this year to MyCAREER with an all-new backstory where you will (spoiler alert) become an undrafted free agent. This year's mode begins in January instead of before the NBA season, where you will be signing on with short-term deals trying to make a team in the NBA. Another tidbit we've already known is you'll be able to scan your face into the game if you so choose, so your player will look a lot more like yourself if you want to go that route.

The big thing is that you'll be testing free agency right off of the bat, and testing different offers against one another. This is a unique take to the Career mode story, and it seems like a hopeful prospect that you'll be doing a lot of new things in this year's mode you haven't yet done.

Here's to hoping you can skip the cut scenes!

What did you think about the opening scene and the face scan technology?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 05:26 PM
I mean, this mode is what it is at this point. It NEEDS story don't get me wrong. It just needs to be implemented correctly and have a really solid vision behind it. Everyone wants a little piece of everything, but there is a perfect medium floating out there they haven't found yet. It's a tough proposition especially only being 2 years in, but if they have the right mind(or eventually have the right mind) behind it, it'll be amazing.

# 62 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCU
anybody find it kinda "coincidental" how 2k's career mode became similar to nba the life's once they got the partnership with sony?
Not really. It's the way that all sports single player modes need to go so they won't be so tedious.

# 63 lvnba @ 09/22/14 05:27 PM

# 64 WaddupCouzin @ 09/22/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
At PG, I started in the All-Star game, got ROY, got league MVP, won the title and was named Finals MVP...all for the Detroit Pistons. I couldn't imagine playing for them NOT @ the PG position though.
Inspectak Dek, That's a good career, but I didn't care to play for the Pistons.

# 65 Finepanther @ 09/22/14 05:30 PM
Wish they would have given us the "sandbox" feel that they gave franchise guys for MyLeague. No matter how good the cut-scenes are or the story, it will always feel like the same experience every time you play. This mode could be so much more without VC or the linear stories we are forced to play through. I have a much different idea of how I want my personal MyPlayer's career to be and its frustrating that it won't be possible. They should call it TheirPlayer.

# 66 swimfunk @ 09/22/14 05:32 PM
reminds me of Jerry Maguire lol

# 67 champ1997 @ 09/22/14 05:35 PM
It's hard to believe they took the draft out I think there's going to be more to it later I really think there going to give us the option to enter the draft or go undrafted

# 68 kurt2134 @ 09/22/14 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's nowhere near GTA in terms of voice acting idk where you guys are getting this from.
Notice that I said the "voice work". I didn't say anything about the quality. The way the voice actors are directed is what reminds me of GTA.

# 69 ERA @ 09/22/14 05:43 PM
I'm not too hot about the face scan. His face is on point but the shape of his head in-game is nothing like real life.

One thing I'm also bothered about.. Could they make the voices a little more diverse? As a white guy its kinda weird to create a white player and have him talk like a black guy.

I do love the way it sounds, though. Going undrafted sounds much more exciting than playing through the tedious rookie showcase again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 70 Shaffer26 @ 09/22/14 05:44 PM
Really liking where they are taking this. It's different, obviously, but it's a good thing. I mean, modes like these in Madden, The Show etc get old after awhile because it's the same thing every year... get drafted, work your way up(maybe), become a star and then just dominate(which then gets old). Kudos to 2K for changing things up.

# 71 ruLEX$$ @ 09/22/14 05:48 PM
Very excited about this. Don't wanna sound negative but it seems like another year with wack/lame /effed^ haircuts

# 72 antixnette @ 09/22/14 05:49 PM
Wasn't it 2k11 when you could go undrafted and work your way through d league? I don't understand this concept at all. I like being drafted. I think you should be able to go drafted or undrafted depending on how you played in the showcase.

It seems like 2K is regressing as far as MyCareer is concerned.

# 73 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
Notice that I said the "voice work". I didn't say anything about the quality. The way the voices are directed is what reminds me of GTA.
What is your definition of "voice work?" I didn't do get any vibes of GTA outside of it being a cutscene with talking and nearly every game has that. If anything it's closer to NBA 2k7 or NBA The Life's.

For reference:

# 74 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/22/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antixnette
Wasn't it 2k11 when you could go undrafted and work your way through d league? I don't understand this concept at all. I like being drafted. I think you should be able to go drafted or undrafted depending on how you played in the showcase.

It seems like 2K is regressing as far as MyCareer is concerned.

I think you always got drafted in 11 but if you played bad in the three summer season games you would play for the d-league team of the NBA team that drafted you until you picked up your level of play. That's what happened to me at least when I chucked half court shots every game until the season started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 75 ruLEX$$ @ 09/22/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Sad how they dont have a simple fade with a line up in any nba 2k. Why can't we just choose a hairstyle from an NBA Player to make it easy.
I agree … I've been saying this for hair styles and tattoos for years

# 76 bxphenom7 @ 09/22/14 05:56 PM
I REALLY don't like the fact that you can't be drafted. They should at least give you options for back stories, my goodness.

# 77 Indiana Trece @ 09/22/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
What is your definition of "voice work?" I didn't do get any vibes of GTA outside of it being a cutscene with talking and nearly every game has that. If anything it's closer to NBA 2k7 or NBA The Life's.
Fair point, I guess for me it was just all of the yelling, drama, and running around that reminded me of GTA cut-scenes.

# 78 antixnette @ 09/22/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
I think you always got drafted in 11 but if you played bad in the three summer season games you would play for the d-league team of the NBA team that drafted you until you picked up your level of play. That's what happened to me at least when I chucked half court shots every game until the season started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I see. But weren't people getting drafted in the 2nd round? They should have built off this. I just don't like the fact that everyone will experience the same storyline. It's your player. Why am I following their story?

# 79 MarvellousOne @ 09/22/14 06:05 PM
With this MyCareer I would say Rookie of the year award would probably be out of the question.

# 80 YungGun @ 09/22/14 06:12 PM
I don't like the fact that you have to go undrafted, but I'm still gonna play MyCareer like crazy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.