Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 76th overall rated player through 100.

The top 100 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thedream2k13 @ 09/22/14 09:08 PM
One dimensional kyle korver a 78 over guys like ariza and affalo ?hmmmm these players better not be overrated

# 2 RapboY @ 09/22/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
One dimensional kyle korver a 78 over guys like ariza and affalo ?hmmmm these players better not be overrated
According to Mike Stauffer:

"Formula will really value the elite attributes for a player in this OVR range."

https://twitter.com/2Kstauff/status/514210650428416000

# 3 Tomb Of God @ 09/22/14 09:32 PM
It's 2014 and people still claim Kyle Korver is one dimensional despite playing 33.9 MPG for a Playoff team.

# 4 thedream2k13 @ 09/22/14 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Of God
It's 2014 and people still claim Kyle Korver is one dimensional despite playing 33.9 MPG for a Playoff team.
so his minutes per game determines? if he is your best shooter he will be on the floor regardless. He isnt a consistently great defender offball or onball, he isnt a rebounder, above average athletic ability etc etc. Aside from shooting what else warrants a 78?

# 5 Indiana Trece @ 09/22/14 09:40 PM
It seems like Darren Collison is always a bit overrated and Jeff Teague is probably better than all of the point guards on this list.

# 6 zrtelford @ 09/22/14 09:45 PM
ooh, could Gordon Hayward be in the 80's???!!! saweet.

# 7 Guapo516 @ 09/22/14 09:49 PM
Jeff Teague got done dirty

# 8 lakers24 @ 09/22/14 09:56 PM
A lot of you guys REALLY need to stop flying off the handle like it's the old rating system. We've been told several times the formula has new things it includes now and tries to convey the importance of guys who have elite skills, like Kyle Korver.

# 9 Tomb Of God @ 09/22/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
so his minutes per game determines? if he is your best shooter he will be on the floor regardless. He isnt a consistently great defender offball or onball, he isnt a rebounder, above average athletic ability etc etc. Aside from shooting what else warrants a 78?
His per game minutes determines that if he was 'one dimensional' as you say, then he'd be a detriment in every other category which isn't true, at all. I'm wondering if you've ever actually seen Korver play defense or if you are basing his lack of defense on common generalizations, he's long been an underrated defender both on and off-ball (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pJDCfoxs8). His 4 RPG is good for a three-way tie for top 10 among SG's, he's an especially strong defensive rebounder. As if to shrug off his elite among elite shooting skills, there are also fundamentals and IQ to take into account and Korver surely rates well in both of those categories. Seems you were consumed by the 2K machine constantly underrating Korver as a year in year out mid-60's, Hawks fans certaintly won't gawk at his rating.

# 10 sticks323 @ 09/22/14 10:04 PM
How in the hell is Eric Gordon a 79, How is Evans a 78? Jeff Teague is the best player on this list. Him and Afflalo

# 11 threattonature @ 09/22/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
How in the hell is Eric Gordon a 79, How is Evans a 78? Jeff Teague is the best player on this list. Him and Afflalo
Yeah these ratings seem no different than in the past. You have players like Gordon, Evans, Deron Williams, hell even Larry Sanders being rated based on past glory instead of what they did on the court last year. Not feeling them at all.

# 12 DirtySouf @ 09/22/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Yeah these ratings seem no different than in the past. You have players like Gordon, Evans, Deron Williams, hell even Larry Sanders being rated based on past glory instead of what they did on the court last year. Not feeling them at all.
Did you watch Gordon or Evans last year?

# 13 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/22/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Most attributes are looked at using 3 year stats with a strong emphasis on the most recent year.

# 14 23 @ 09/22/14 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Most attributes are looked at using 3 year stats with a strong emphasis on the most recent year.
Not a ratings question but man can you look into having Kyrie's hair fixed?

I don't have twitter otherwise i'd send it to Ronnie but he had Xavier's hair done via twitter request.

Thanks for considering.

# 15 Yuss @ 09/22/14 11:39 PM
Quote:

Eric Gordon was a 83 last year, Tyreke Evans was a 82 they were both lowered.

# 16 @marcusjiles @ 09/22/14 11:58 PM
When you have morons trying to tell you Kyle Korver isnt good, they really deem themselves irrelevant when we talk about ratings lol. Any team on the league would gladly take Korver on their team. Possibly the best 3pt spot up guy in the league, eats glass, and can defend. NEVER stops moving on the perimeter. If he was on the Spurs, they'd never lose haha

# 17 Chocolate Chip @ 09/23/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
When you have morons trying to tell you Kyle Korver isnt good, they really deem themselves irrelevant when we talk about ratings lol. Any team on the league would gladly take Korver on their team. Possibly the best 3pt spot up guy in the league, eats glass, and can defend. NEVER stops moving on the perimeter. If he was on the Spurs, they'd never lose haha
corner threes all day

# 18 J_Posse @ 09/23/14 12:40 AM
I'm a little shocked at how high of a ratings bump Miles Plumlee earned, but he did have good season for Phoenix last year. Plus, much like his younger brother he's a plus athlete for a center.

Also, Derrick Favor is incorrectly slotted as a PF when he played most of his minutes last season at center. It would screw up the list to change him now but during a roster update it would be nice.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 19 ojandpizza @ 09/23/14 01:34 AM
Tyreke Evans really turned his game around the 2nd half of last season, he looked a lot like the guy who won rookie of the year that we all remembered.. Surprised to see him and Batum not topping that list of guys, considering how well rounded they are.. Factor in the boost the athletic players have been getting, I'm shocked that Batum isn't an 80+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 20 oldfruit @ 09/23/14 01:34 AM
I looked it up out of curiosity. Kyle Korver was number five among shooting guard in real plus minus last year.

Big props to the devs both for their interactions on the forum (best dev involvement that I've personally seen for a game), as well the quality of everything they've showed us so far.

I'm personally excited for how the ratings system works out based on what we've seen. You can quibble with this player or that player's rating if you want, but looking at it from a more general scope I see really encouraging trends.

Players seemed to be grouped in logical clusters to me. What I mean is things like that number 4 or 5 starters and top sixth men all show up roughly near each other on the list. Or you can find prospects who have proven something on the court, but have a long way yet to go, near each other too, separated from talented prospects who haven't produced at all. Seeing players like Kyle Korver and Channing Frye, who have been shortchanged in previous games but have a statistically proven impact on their team, make a jump is great to see.

I'm also really glad that I haven't seen anything yet that jumped out at me like Bynum or Caron Butler last year, where the overall rating far exceeded real impact on the floor when they played.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.