Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15
has found its way into stores, and many of you are no doubt spending big parts of your day playing this year's game. You can check out our initial impressions of the game here.

What do you think about the game? Post your impressions here!

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 gopher_guy @ 09/23/14 09:56 PM
The commentary in this game is fantastic.

Don't play NBA games, so I can't definitively say that it's the best commentary in all the sports games, but I'd be shocked if the commentary in NBA games was better, because I think Tyler and Smith are just great in this game.

I think they really pull off the conversational style. At one point, Martin Tyler asks Alan: "So, Alan. Spurs, your thoughts?" and he goes: "Well... How much time have you got?"

Even going back to things they were talking about, if they get interrupted. Feels very natural.

# 82 tg9er @ 09/23/14 10:27 PM
I've only had a chance to play 4 games so far but the game feels great from an attacking standpoint. Love some of the new one and two touch pass animations and errant passes feel much more realistic (I play assisted). I've only scored one goal on a header so those seem to have been toned down drastically.

The CPU seems more competent in attack and actually look to pass to build up as opposed to just dribbling in circles. I've even had the CPU attempt a few shots from distance.

Defending unfortunately feels even worse than Fifa 14 which is an amazing accomplishment. I play world class and if I'm not constantly swarming the ball it's a virtual certainly the CPU is getting a quality shot. Containing the player with ball seems ineffective as none of my AI teammates mark any runners.

The back four seem completely disorganized and midfield support is nonexistent. AI controlled players completely ignore players and the ball and allow the CPU to simply dribble or pass the ball to the spot for an easy look almost every possession.

I also feel like I lose 9 out of every 10 headers off goal kicks which is extremely annoying.

# 83 daddytorgo @ 09/24/14 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg9er
I've only had a chance to play 4 games so far but the game feels great from an attacking standpoint. Love some of the new one and two touch pass animations and errant passes feel much more realistic (I play assisted). I've only scored one goal on a header so those seem to have been toned down drastically.

The CPU seems more competent in attack and actually look to pass to build up as opposed to just dribbling in circles. I've even had the CPU attempt a few shots from distance.

Defending unfortunately feels even worse than Fifa 14 which is an amazing accomplishment. I play world class and if I'm not constantly swarming the ball it's a virtual certainly the CPU is getting a quality shot. Containing the player with ball seems ineffective as none of my AI teammates mark any runners.

The back four seem completely disorganized and midfield support is nonexistent. AI controlled players completely ignore players and the ball and allow the CPU to simply dribble or pass the ball to the spot for an easy look almost every possession.

I also feel like I lose 9 out of every 10 headers off goal kicks which is extremely annoying.
I'm honestly relieved it's not just me having issues defending and finding that contain is totally ineffective.

Wondering if we need to drop the difficulty level down in order to actually have a shot at defending realistically...

# 84 Merkaba @ 09/24/14 12:20 AM
Really loving the game so far from the couple of matches I put into Career Mode and UT yesterday. So far it's pretty challenging for me on Pro difficulty so I might stick with that for the foreseeable future.

I might be a bit rusty from not having played much FIFA since 13 but I'm finding it pretty rewarding to score goals after constantly trying to find my way through my opponent's defense.

The presentation is amazing this year and the commentary seems pretty great as always. While the number of cutscenes can sometimes get a bit frustrating it's not too much of an issue for me so far.

I'm also finding defending to be harder than the last few FIFAs I7ve plkayed but then again I've always been pretty bad when it comes to defending

# 85 thechef128 @ 09/24/14 02:06 AM
Like I posted in the other fifa page. It runs smooth and I like everything except for the fact that the goalies seem non existent. Seems like by the comments, most of Yall play vs the cpu. But playong online vs user. They score Everytime and the goalies don't do much.

# 86 gopher_guy @ 09/24/14 02:15 AM
Apologies for spamming this question again, but to my knowledge it hasn't been answered yet.

Has anyone been able to get to practice mode? Where you can practice set pieces and other situations?

If so, what system are you on, and how did you get there?

# 87 eyeamg0dly @ 09/24/14 02:49 AM
overall i feel like the game is interesting but there are a couple glaring issues I am seeing right off the bat. Every year I start off playing in the lower leagues because the players aren't as good and it helps me learn the game nuances before I start playing with the better teams. Better players can cover up the problems from their stats.

cpu passing - This was an issue in just about all other past fifa games, but adjusting the sliders in the past could give a better result stat wise. This year I am convinced the slider is broken.

touch - last year this was a big jump because players with poor touch ratings would take a lot of bad touches and result in turnovers. This year seems like everyone can handle the ball like Zidane.

shot speed / finishing - I am not sure what to think about this one, however it seems like if you take a shot in the box the ball is launched like a canon. I am certain it is the new ball physics. I haven't tried but I think this can probably fixed with shot speed and accuracy sliders.

agility - seems like the cpu is much more agile on offense and your defenders are moving around in mud. This combined with perfect passing and touches really makes defending much harder.

despite that, I am liking the game overall. New ball physics are very nice. Finally the ball bends like it is supposed to. Fouls are finally being called, although it seems too easy to get them by isolating a defender and using a move to get around them.

# 88 kashik @ 09/24/14 02:54 AM
My impression so far of 15 is that it should have been DLC for 14. I really regret paying full price for it. I'm not saying the game is bad, it just isn't that different from 14. Gameplay is largely the same, which isn't necessarily bad because an overhaul wasn't needed... but that means a lot of the problems from 14 (and before!) are still there. My biggest gripes with gameplay are with defending and goalkeeping. Defending is just dead stupid, forget about the cpu helping you. It gets tiring to see your defenders falling over themselves, not providing any meaningful assistance with RB, or just plain not tracking an attacker. Goalkeepers were supposedly a big feature of 15. There are lots of cool new animations, but the execution is broken. One minute they're superman, the next they're letting in the easiest of shots. A lot of times you can even catch them diving in a strange direction that makes no sense for the shot or attack.

And on top of that... MM looks like it wasn't touched at all. As far as I've seen, it is exactly the same as 14. I guess online is the major focus for Fifa now, and that's cool because I like playing online as well... but MM was a huge reason why I bought 15. That's my bad for preordering.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with what I got. Again, it isn't a bad game, it's fun like 14 was but now with some added elements and some tweaked gameplay... I just feel ripped off by EA. These games should not be on an annual release schedule. In a perfect world 15 would've been a $30 DLC package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Apologies for spamming this question again, but to my knowledge it hasn't been answered yet.

Has anyone been able to get to practice mode? Where you can practice set pieces and other situations?

You raise a good question... I was in the arena and couldn't find it either. Are we both missing something?

# 89 clipperfan811 @ 09/24/14 03:08 AM
Quote:

I don't have the game yet but I felt the agony in your posts, so I looked up the official FIFA 15 manual and this is what it says. I think someone mentioned something similar, hopefully it's there.

# 90 talucchesi @ 09/24/14 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
I don't have the game yet but I felt the agony in your posts, so I looked up the official FIFA 15 manual and this is what it says. I think someone mentioned something similar, hopefully it's there.

Yes, the practice arena is there, but I think what they're asking is if you can practice set pieces, corners, or 11 v 11 inside the arena. It seems almost certain that this is a NO for this year :/ as the option does not come up when you press select

# 91 Matty Aqua @ 09/24/14 03:21 AM
Quote:
The commentary in this game is fantastic.

Don't play NBA games, so I can't definitively say that it's the best commentary in all the sports games, but I'd be shocked if the commentary in NBA games was better, because I think Tyler and Smith are just great in this game.

I think they really pull off the conversational style. At one point, Martin Tyler asks Alan: "So, Alan. Spurs, your thoughts?" and he goes: "Well... How much time have you got?"

Even going back to things they were talking about, if they get interrupted. Feels very natural.
NBA 2k commentary does make Fifa's look ordinary, not trying to be-little fifa,or saying Fifa is bad... just NBA 2k commentary is outstanding!.

# 92 Kalotera @ 09/24/14 04:25 AM
can't wait for this game and nba 2k15. When does it come out in Europe?

# 93 ncaafootball14markus @ 09/24/14 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Please forgive repost:

I prepaid the PC version and downloaded while working today. Fired it up for three quick games at 9pm Pacific Time on Professional / Slow / All Manual. I couldn't help it, I had to reduce the Sprint & Accel sliders, otherwise I left it on defaults.

Overall, I feel like this might be the year of Be Careful What You Wish For. Last year's game was $%#@ing excellent, admittedly, but it was also a bit stilted in terms of pace, movement, variety of scoring. The two biggest flaws were the overpowered crossing / headed goals (on corners it was far too easy to score goals even after the patches) *and* the penalties. I hope both are fixed this year. I also didn't like how crammed it was in midfield and the deflections and toe-poke tackles were crazy.

All of that seems to be fixed this year, but it feels a bit like a cartoon for lack of better description. That has something to do with the physics and a lot to do with the models and textures. Ibra and Mertesacker look like fcking flesh golems out there. They're ENORMOUS. Then, conversely, I was running alongside Mertesacker with Aaron Ramsay and he looked like a midget. They went a bit over the top with these models. Oh well. It's something different, I'll give them credit for that!

Attacking feels incredibly fluid this year and, small sample size, but I was drubbing Derby County with PSG 3-0 at half. Ibrahimovic is indeed a beast in this game. Then, I played Arsenal and scoring opportunities for both sides were few and far between. Played to 0-0 draw.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with difficulty settings, but I may be playing on Pro this year. It feels good to me. We'll see.

So, after a few short games playing the retail version, dare I say it but I was having...fun! Last year's game was brutal but rewarding. This year, we might all have to indulge a sort of nostalgic 16-bit era enjoyment and manage our expectations considerably when it comes to the simulation side of the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'm sorry, but i have to laugh at the fact that you claim that mertesacker and ibra look like giants in the game...

THEY ARE FRIGGIN GIANTS...they're 6 foot 5 and up...

tell me mertesacker doesn't look like a giant/golem in this pic vs suarez?!?

then you said that ramsey looks like a midget up against mertesacker... lmao...HE DOES LOOK like a midget vs mertesacker.

you need to watch more football. fifa 15's model sizes are SPOT ON as far as size this year.

# 94 xicpanad @ 09/24/14 06:41 AM
Oh my God!!!! The complains are starting to show up. Enjoy the damn game!!!

Like every year, and every game, it has its flaws. Defending might look awkward, but for me is great, because for the first time I feel like I have to be very carefull with what I try. Pretty soon we start to find ways to improve in that. Defending is mostly about containing, its about being smart.

Every time I play against Barça I get totally smashed. Usually by the first 20 mins I´m loosing 2-0 at least. Stupid game? No! Just awesome because no other AI has ever done that to me. I can perfectly know when the CPU is trying to score. They start attacks over and over and progressively start creating chances until the goal comes. Then they sit back and give me possession, but I can´t do much. Yesterday I finished one match against Barça with 40% possession, lost 0-3. Frustrating? Maybe. But its ****@ing great to see some AI playing great and not giving me any chance.
I´ve been PES player mostly... hated PES 2014 and fifa 14 for some reason had problems in my PC. This year, for me, its the best soccer game ever, hands down... at least so far.

Love the little things in and out the picth, love the big things, love the replays... love the pace of the entire match... Great GREAT game.

I don´t care about sliders this year. Last I tried them, I spent over almost the entire year fine tuning them. This year game is so wonderfull I can just enjoy it out of the box, and that´s exactly what I want. Please stop put expectations always above what you got, this year we have a proper soccer game, something we did never had in last generation IMHO.

# 95 woody2goody @ 09/24/14 06:51 AM
I'm honestly starting to believe people who are complaining about defending just aren't very good at it.

In real life if you just rush towards the ball-carrier constantly there's a chance you will leave yourselves open.

I try to defend in a containing manner. I don't use the contain button ever, I just use a combination of Jockey, Jockey + sprint to achieve good results.

You have to know when you can commit to a tackle because otherwise you will be embarrassed.

I'm not saying I am a god of all things FIFA, however I believe defending has been made more realistic in 15.

# 96 xicpanad @ 09/24/14 07:16 AM
Just my thought too.
That´s why, in real soccer, teams can hold possession. I mean, it was totally unrealistic to constantly press/run towards the attacker and enter a physical battle all the time.
Its so much better now because we have a more patient approach.
I really like it.

# 97 BL8001 @ 09/24/14 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Yes, the practice arena is there, but I think what they're asking is if you can practice set pieces, corners, or 11 v 11 inside the arena. It seems almost certain that this is a NO for this year :/ as the option does not come up when you press select
Yep, last night I tried every button press I can think of while I was in the arena vs the keeper. Nothing brings up the practice submenu so you can do team practice.

This does suck. I guess if you want to practice you can set up a match on beginner mode but it just isn't the same as a dedicated practice mode.

I wonder if it's there, in the game I mean, but they accidentally "turned it off"?

If that is the case it could be turned back on in a patch. Much higher chance of that than if they have to add the whole practice mode back in as that will most likely mean we have to wait until FIFA 16.

# 98 Fifa15PCPlayer @ 09/24/14 07:42 AM
PC: Fifa 15 Ultimate Team GUEST PLAY doesn't work... very annoying... you can add in the menu but can't see the second player ingame

# 99 BL8001 @ 09/24/14 07:47 AM
If people are having trouble defending and the CPU is beating you up with rough tackles and shirt pulling...

You give that right back to them by holding the B button when you are close to the CPU.

EA has put in a ton of rough play interactions and at times it seems like they are begging me to beat up the CPU.

Not only that, but in a loosely called match if you let the CPU manhandle you momentum swings in their favor. I saw that happening last night so I started holding B and pushing and shoving the CPU right back and they backed off.

There is a nice feeling of yin yang when you go get stuck in violently on the CPU and the advantage icon pops up for them and you just back off until the icon turns off...

Cpu has been pulling that crap on me for years and now it's payback.

Also if you knock them just a bit off balance the chance of a poor pass or shot happening increases greatly.

I am in the classic kits and that's me fouling but not fouling the CPU according to the ref. is it a bit goofy? Yes. Does the CPU do it to you? Yes.

# 100 gopher_guy @ 09/24/14 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811

God, if it's there I cannot find it. I can get into the practice arena, but can't find hour to practice set pieces or 11v11...

I'll be super bummed if it's not in the game...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.