Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 player ratings for the top 5 point guards in the game. How does your top 5 list look compared to this one?
  • Chris Paul - 94 Overall
  • Stephen Curry - 92 Overall
  • Russell Westbrook - 91 Overall
  • John Wall - 90 Overall
  • Damian Lillard - 89 Overall
Below is the release date schedule for the rest of the ratings.
  • 9/24 – Top 5 SGs
  • 9/25 – Top 5 SFs
  • 9/26 – Top 5 PFs
  • 9/27 – Top 5 Cs
  • 9/28 – Top 5 3Pt Shooters
  • 9/29 – Top 5 Dunkers
  • 9/30 – Top 5 Ballhandlers
  • 10/1 – Top 5 Shot Blockers
  • 10/2 – Top 5 Overall Defenders
  • 10/3 – Top 5 Scoring Threats
  • 10/4 – Top 5 Rookies
  • 10/5 – Top 5 Passers
  • 10/6 – Top 5 Rebounders
  • 10/7 – Top 5 Steal Threats
  • 10/8 – Top 5 Fastest Players
  • 10/9 – Top 5 Dynamic Duos
  • 10/10 – Top 5 6th Men
  • 10/11 – Full Team Ratings (Atlantic Division)
  • 10/12 – Full Team Ratings (Central Division)
  • 10/13 – Full Team Ratings (Southeast Division)
  • 10/14 – Full Team Ratings (Northwest Division)
  • 10/15 – Full Team Ratings (Pacific Division)
  • 10/16 – Full Team Ratings (Southwest Division)
Read the full press release below.

Today the first ratings were release for NBA LIVE 15 as the Top 5 Point Guards were revealed. Leading the way with the top overall rating is the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul (94), a versatile player who’s a threat to pass or shoot on any given play. Rounding out the ranks of the elite point guards are Steph Curry (92), Russell Westbrook (91), John Wall (90) and a 3-way tie between Derrick Rose, Tony Parker and NBA LIVE 15 cover athlete Damian Lillard, all coming in at 89 overall. New top players will be revealed every day on the NBA LIVE 15 Ratings Hub.

Player ratings in NBA LIVE 15 will be updated throughout the regular season; and player tendencies, powered by Synergy Sports Technologies, are updated after each game throughout the NBA season. These updates allow NBA LIVE 15 to provide an experience that is constantly evolving as a player’s performance evolves based on what is happening in the real-world NBA.

NBA LIVE 15 arrives with the most photo-realistic visuals in franchise history and 500+ core gameplay improvements delivering a truly fluid, fun and authentic basketball gaming experience. Reimagined visuals drop you courtside alongside the game’s biggest stars. See the intensity on a player’s face as he nails a game-winner, or the frustration of a heart-wrenching loss. All-new real-time physics on dunks and layups replicate some of the NBA’s most amazing physical plays, letting you posterize your opponent or deny his attempt at the rim. Add into the mix always-connected online game modes and LIVE’s Synergy Sports partnership and you’ll never miss a beat during the NBA season with new content updated daily, all season long.

NBA LIVE 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on October 28 for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 whoahello @ 09/24/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
This is nba live ppl , not 2k they rate players differently
lol yep and it shows how little they know about basketball.

# 62 Sundown @ 09/24/14 02:14 PM
I have to say Curry looks really good from that angle. Even better than 2K Curry.

Damn.

# 63 Sundown @ 09/24/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
We are talking OVERALL not statistically. Listen I know what Curry excels at and and what he doesn't (and i never said kyrie should be rated above him). If he was rated correctly he would be rated high in scoring and passing and rated low on defense. Which would not result in such a high OVERALL rating. Which makes me think he is overrated in some areas. Many of you think playoff and team success automatically should raise a player's OVERALL rating, but that's not the case. Makes me further appreciate the fact that I can edit the 2k rosters whenever I want.

Curry's the second best PG in the league. His defensive woes are exaggerated for a position where poor defense hurts you the least. He's average to below average but he at least tries, unlike Harden.

And no, Westbrook and Parker are not much better as defenders, and certainly not Kyrie. Westbrook looks better because of his athleticism and gambles, but advanced stats don't bear out that he's very good at defense at all.

# 64 thesniper321 @ 09/24/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I'm a blazers fan but come on dame shouldn't be 5 points ahead of wall, both should be like a 86.
. Ok

# 65 gamingsinceatari @ 09/24/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Curry's the second best PG in the league. His defensive woes are exaggerated for a position where poor defense hurts you the least. He's average to below average but he at least tries, unlike Harden.

And no, Westbrook and Parker are not much better as defenders, and certainly not Kyrie. Westbrook looks better because of his athleticism and gambles, but advanced stats don't bear out that he's very good at defense at all.
Westbrook isnt a better defender than Curry? Wow... IM DONE!

# 66 seanhazz1 @ 09/24/14 05:11 PM
If the ratings ARE coming from Synergy, there should be no debate. The stats DO tell the whole story when you analyze all of the stats, no just shooting and defense. Tendencies, efficiency, plus/minus, WARP, PER, where they shoot from, where they are successful shooting from, when they drive, and a bunch of other statistically driven ratings will be (hopefully) provided by Synergy Sports Technology to be used in LIVE 15.

WARP by definition accounts for wins the player adds to his team, PER is the efficiency rating, the other stats are the in-game production numbers that drive these ratings which have proven to be very accurate. If a guy is a clutch player his clutch stats are recorded and reflected via Synergy. After comparing the top 6 NBA PG side by side, I'd say EA has the order right, even if we don't all agree on the overall rating.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...per_game::none

Any source of LIVE player rating not taking real efficiency numbers into account are not accurate for sim purposes. Live is attempting to produce a SIM product based on real numbers no some anointed roster guru, that should not require roster skills edits at all from the player fanbase. Isn't that what we want?, a SIM product?

The accuracy of the data that drives the in game rating for the players this year, and how they are reflected by in game ratings has yet to be seen or explained in depth, which would help establish fact over opinion concerning the released ratings.

# 67 bigeastbumrush @ 09/24/14 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
If the ratings ARE coming from Synergy, there should be no debate. The stats DO tell the whole story when you analyze all of the stats, no just shooting and defense. Tendencies, efficiency, plus/minus, WARP, PER, where they shoot from, where they are successful shooting from, when they drive, and a bunch of other statistically driven ratings will be (hopefully) provided by Synergy Sports Technology to be used in LIVE 15.

WARP by definition accounts for wins the player adds to his team, PER is the efficiency rating, the other stats are the in-game production numbers that drive these ratings which have proven to be very accurate. If a guy is a clutch player his clutch stats are recorded and reflected via Synergy. After comparing the top 6 NBA PG side by side, I'd say EA has the order right, even if we don't all agree on the overall rating.

Any source of LIVE player rating not taking real efficiency numbers into account are not accurate for sim purposes. Live is attempting to produce a SIM product based on real numbers no some anointed roster guru, that should not require roster skills edits at all from the player fanbase. Isn't that what we want?, a SIM product?

The accuracy of the data that drives the in game rating for the players this year, and how they are reflected by in game ratings has yet to be seen or explained in depth, which would help establish fact over opinion concerning the released ratings.
You're trying to simplify something in some sort of perfect world scenario.

Synergy is not some end-all, be-all.

It should be a foundation, yes. But just pumping Synergy data into their software and thinking that means it's "SIM" is just not realistic.

Just like computer BCS college football rankings don't tell you the whole story, neither do Synergy statistics.

Roster editing just like slider tweaking are Options that customize the user's experience.

If they want to handcuff the consumer, then they should exit producing sports games to go make scripted RPGs.

# 68 23 @ 09/24/14 05:39 PM
If you've ever edited this game before then you would never make that statement.

This games ratings have been jacked up since live 06 on the 360.

# 69 GudStuffzz @ 09/24/14 07:55 PM
Chris Paul - 91
Stephen Curry - 88
Russell Westbrook - 88
John Wall - 85
Damian Lillard - 84

# 70 GudStuffzz @ 09/24/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
Westbrook isnt a better defender than Curry? Wow... IM DONE!
Russ is def better but the dude gets lost A LOT. There are times where he plays to his full defensive potential and theres other times where he looks like a headless chicken. His team defense at times is very bad because he tends to ball watch.

# 71 J_Posse @ 09/24/14 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1

Synergy isn't used to rate the players, they are still doing it manually like 2K, so must of your post is invalid. They made a big deal about using computations to rate players pre - release of Live 14, but we found out that it is still done the good old fashioned way. Synergy is powering their tendencies and playing calling data, though.

Like many have said, it doesn't make sense to release a title - for the second consecutive year - that eliminates customization of players and rosters. How they didn't figure this out after last season is beyond me.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 72 Playmakers @ 09/25/14 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
If I'm not mistaken, years ago Playmakers broke down how the ratings affected gameplay in Live. He was on the money.

I'm guessing ratings can't be edited in Live 15?

Can we edit anything? Serious question.
I think there was few us Tomba, 23 and another fella by name of TheLiveKing if I'm not mistaken who would break down the game ratings and how they IMPACTED gameplay on the floor.

IMO synergy should dictate the tendencies of the players throughout a game or season.

Synergy if done properly should make up the players DNA on the floor and help to give him his own identity and basketball IQ.

But Ratings is the bread and butter.....what I mean by that is Synergy can't control how effective a guy like Tyson Chandler is when dribbling the ball or shooting a mid range jumper.

We've all played Live over the years and found out we could hit 3's or dribble with ease with certain players who shouldn't be able to do things....

Those are things ratings play more of a huge factor in dictating how effective Chandler is at knocking down a mid range jumper or dribbling the ball.

I've said this a few times before I have no problem with EA utilizing Synergy data but I do have a problem with EA dictating how I play the game and that where is not being able to edit ratings bothers me because in years past we were able to edit ratings and modify sliders to make Live a respectable game on the floor if he failed to produce OUT THE BOX.

I will wait to see reviews and impressions from others before I purchase the game this year.

Hopefully, EA nails it and we don't have to edit ratings/sliders just to get the desired results in gameplay out of the box this year.

But if for some reason the gameplay fails or is sub par and Synergy can't correct some issues that Sliders/Ratings could have helped long term with the game I'm going to be really disappointed in EA's decision to go a 2nd consecutive year ignoring these two IMPORTANT gameplay request from their fans.

# 73 23 @ 09/25/14 01:02 AM
I don't trust them at all honestly and if they were ever to grab a game changer in the past you should've been it man. It's sad imo

# 74 I Djm @ 09/25/14 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
The only thing Kyrie is better at than John wall is shooting.

I'd take Wall over Kyrie 10/10.
Wall finally had a good year, i wasnt sold on him at first good to see make a playoff series, too bad they won one

# 75 bigeastbumrush @ 09/25/14 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think there was few us Tomba, 23 and another fella by name of TheLiveKing if I'm not mistaken who would break down the game ratings and how they IMPACTED gameplay on the floor.

IMO synergy should dictate the tendencies of the players throughout a game or season.

Synergy if done properly should make up the players DNA on the floor and help to give him his own identity and basketball IQ.

But Ratings is the bread and butter.....what I mean by that is Synergy can't control how effective a guy like Tyson Chandler is when dribbling the ball or shooting a mid range jumper.

We've all played Live over the years and found out we could hit 3's or dribble with ease with certain players who shouldn't be able to do things....

Those are things ratings play more of a huge factor in dictating how effective Chandler is at knocking down a mid range jumper or dribbling the ball.

I've said this a few times before I have no problem with EA utilizing Synergy data but I do have a problem with EA dictating how I play the game and that where is not being able to edit ratings bothers me because in years past we were able to edit ratings and modify sliders to make Live a respectable game on the floor if he failed to produce OUT THE BOX.

I will wait to see reviews and impressions from others before I purchase the game this year.

Hopefully, EA nails it and we don't have to edit ratings/sliders just to get the desired results in gameplay out of the box this year.

But if for some reason the gameplay fails or is sub par and Synergy can't correct some issues that Sliders/Ratings could have helped long term with the game I'm going to be really disappointed in EA's decision to go a 2nd consecutive year ignoring these two IMPORTANT gameplay request from their fans.
Yep.

I remember playing after the tweaks and it was a different game altogether.

I even remember guys editing ratings in Live 09 and the CPU actually started to use those Go To moves on their own. Less crashing into the lane in Live 10. Etc.

But I digress.

Still waiting for someone to confirm if we can or cannot edit ratings or players in any type of way.

# 76 Sports fanantic @ 09/25/14 03:04 PM
Curry looks like Colin Kaepernick on that Screenshot, but still pretty good

# 77 dblackmon97 @ 09/25/14 04:03 PM
Why is Kyrie Irving not up there? He is most definitely in the top 5 point guards. He should be up there in place of Damian Lillard. Kyrie Irving should at least have a 90 overall rating.

# 78 Playmakers @ 09/25/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I don't trust them at all honestly and if they were ever to grab a game changer in the past you should've been it man. It's sad imo
Thanks for the prop's....

But I think EA has had several capable guys visit them over the years and provide enough good solid feedback.

My only concern is do they take the feedback serious or do they just invite guys to satisfy the communities and give the impressions they are doing every thing possible to turn the series around.

I'm really hoping this years game delivers gameplay in the right direction because I honestly haven't played a NBA Basketball Game in 3 years now...

And that's pretty bad when you are die a hard fan of the sport like myself.

# 79 PorkySpurs14 @ 09/27/14 07:53 PM
Never no credit to any Spurs players what so ever (Champions) just Kawhi Leonard and held leborn in finals and became MVP himself he should be a higher overall

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.