Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Chris_Smoove has released another NBA 2K15 video. This one showcases Coaching 101.

Coach satisfaction is new this year and according to Chris, if you play your coaches scheme, your player will play better. If you would rather freestyle your way in games without listening to your coach, you could be traded.

Coaching 101 will pop up whenever your coach wants to change the gameplan. Make sure you watch the video to see how it works.

If you missed his first video featuring the opening scene of MyCAREER, click here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 El_Poopador @ 09/24/14 07:27 AM
This can be either really good, or really bad. I know in past games, teammate AI was not aware of mismatches whatsoever, so if I go away from the POE because I see a mismatch, I hope I don't get penalized.

But, if the AI is smart enough to understand the POE as well as what's happening on the floor, this has a lot of potential, as long as your teammates follow the gameplan as well.

One thing I wish they would have done is to use clips from your own games and your own player to show where you missed an opportunity. But, who knows? Maybe they actually will have scenes where the coach goes over game film with you from your own play, picking out what you did well or can improve on. That would be an amazing addition.

# 82 JasonMartin @ 09/24/14 08:48 AM
Why did they hire Smoove again, because he over a million followers on Youtube and that's one of their marketing strategies to get the game out there?

Like others said, I hope this is a detailed report and not something standard you see every game. So they analyze players like they do in real life, how to adapt and change and such.

# 83 m-dogg @ 09/24/14 10:26 AM
I like the attempt, but I do not trust the AI in MyCareer for the coaches or the players (or the GM) as we all know to well.

also would have been nice for the coach to run through some team specific plays to set up post opportunities - we know The Czar could get those done for each team no problem.

if every few weeks, the coaches ran through a couple of plays - eventually even the most clueless gamers would have an understanding of a good portion of the playbook.

of course, thats if "run plays" auto even works this year!

# 84 CBfromCU32 @ 09/24/14 10:41 AM
I noticed James Harden in the room. Shouldnt they be watching Rockets film not Spurs? Also theres no refs, bench, or camera men! Immersion killers

Fix it 2K!

# 85 MAGboyswifT27 @ 09/24/14 12:27 PM
A nice addition, looking forward to the drop.

# 86 NINJAK2 @ 09/24/14 07:31 PM
Very nice addition.....

# 87 Vni @ 09/24/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromCU32
I noticed James Harden in the room. Shouldnt they be watching Rockets film not Spurs?
It would be counter productive to show the players horror movies before games.

# 88 GudStuffzz @ 09/24/14 07:48 PM
god I hope the people who play the park online dont skip these coaching 101 videos. Majority of those 90+ overall players don't understand the concept of team defense at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.