Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 76th overall rated player through 100.

The top 50 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 thedream2k13 @ 09/24/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The scary part is...even WITH his post ASB collapse, advanced metrics will show he was STILL a top 3 (I want to say #1, but I don't remember off the top of head) DEFENSIVE/RIM PROTECTOR center.

There's a stat that shows the average FG% of players against Roy Hibbert when he "contests" shots or uses verticality around the rim relatively to the number of shots taken against him. I'm pretty sure he lead the league by a sizable margin. Also, you have to take in consideration his DWS and how much the defensive metrics are impacted when he's off the floor.

He might have not been much as a scoring or rebounding center, but you can't deny his defensive impact when he's on the floor. Indiana's defensive scheme was to protect the 3PT shot, force players to take tough mid-range jumpers, and "funnel" driving players into Roy Hibbert.
well be better be a weak rebounder and missing layups like he does IRL

# 42 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/24/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
Roy Hibbert is a solid player don't get me wrong but after that playoff performance last year, he should be 75 or lower
Playoffs....you forgot about the 82 games he played before the playoffs. On the old ratings, I would have rated him between 74 and 77. As a defensive center and with the new ratings system, 80 is right on the money.

# 43 thedream2k13 @ 09/24/14 06:45 PM
I know one thing Josh Smith better not be a 3pt shooter anymore. He ALWAYS shoots below 30% yet manages to get a 3pt rating of 80+. Same with Rudy Gay. They are the 2 players that are constantly overrated every year

# 44 stillfeelme @ 09/24/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
MCW for me is overrated!

As a Sixers fan I have to say I agree lol. He must be getting bonus points for being a really good rebounder and good at creating steals and I am not sure if his height gives him some kind of advantage. He is really good at playing the passing lanes and using his length to get steals. His defensive awareness is just average as far as help defensive but he was a rookie

# 45 seanbarkley @ 09/24/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
He's probably considered to be a "pass first" PG is be my guess. From that perspective, the 79 would make sense to me.
plus don't forget he's been 2nd in the league in steals per game.

# 46 stillfeelme @ 09/24/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
plus don't forget he's been 2nd in the league in steals per game.
He is great at stealing and is a great at at passing, vision is through the roof. I wouldn't call him a great defender he is extremely good at picking pockets but if you look at his overall defense he is not ranked that high. From some of the stats I have looked at he struggles at pick and roll defense guarding the ball handler. Curry was better than him in that sense despite not being that good at picking pockets or playing the passing lane

# 47 8KB24 @ 09/24/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
But with the new injury system I'm afraid Embiid might be another Bynum lol. And Boogie would be a nice fit but he might bolt for a bigger market. So I might have to take a chance on Embiid.

I'm already loving the new game just for having me think this way lol.
That's why you'd keep Embiid on minutes lock at 28-31. Like old Timmy Duncan You can bring Joel in and try to convert Vonleh to ultimate offensive PF. He has decent range, is young. In 3-4 years he might have adequate post game. So you have two post threats on the court at all times. Also Julius Randle is nice post player as well, good ball handler and has nice little range. Bully.

I wonder how would 'rags to riches' projects work with players like Beasley, Thabeet and similar players. I'd like to transform Thabeet to actual contributor on the field, have him as elite rim protector and solid rebounder while finishing aley-oops on the other end. He might be too old for such transformation.

# 48 J_Posse @ 09/24/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
I'm dying to know what kind of individual ratings justify Rubio's 79.

He's not a 79 athlete. He's not a 79 defender. He's not a 79 shooter.

He better be a good ball handler to go along with his passing skills...
Rubio isn't very good as a one - on - one defender but he does play the passing lanes better than nearly any guard in the NBA. He also has incredible court vision and passing skills, but his porous shooting makes him a liability on offense.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 49 J_Posse @ 09/24/14 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
Looking at the Isiah Thomas pic the graphics still have along way to go
This is sarcasm, correct?

Anyway, I love how the new ratings system is playing out thus far. Mike, you and whomever is working with are doing a solid job this season. Can't wait to see #1 - 50 overall.

And people that are complaining about certain guys not making a big enough jump after one season, please look at the Suns for an example that it has happened. Other than Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas, they've almost all received a boost after the team was underrated throughout most of last year.

# 50 GudStuffzz @ 09/24/14 08:01 PM
Damn, Jennings still an 80? He's a 74 at best, they should lower his offensive and defensive awareness. Dude plays the game like it's street ball, chucks up low % shots whenever he gets the chance. And his defense, oh man his defense. He can't even guard a chair

# 51 Jakeness23 @ 09/24/14 08:18 PM
Can someone tell me why the Suns are overloading at the point? I just don't understand that strategy. Could work in college (maybe) but I don't see that working to well in the NBA.

# 52 Real2KInsider @ 09/24/14 08:19 PM
Not understanding the MCW hate.

30 AST% = 18th in NBA
2.6 STL% = 12th in NBA

4.5 ORB% = 2nd among PGs (Westbrook)
15.6 DRB% = 2nd among PGs (Westbrook)
1.4 BLK% = 2nd among PGs (Bledsoe)

His shooting percentage is largely irrelevant as he was forced into a large role due to low team talent.

Wroten: 49 TS% on 28 USG%
[b]MCW: 48 TS% on 26 USG%[/n]
Turner: 50 TS% on 24 USG% - Traded
Young: 51 TS% on 24 USG%
Hawes: 55 TS% on 19 USG% - Traded
Anderson: 53 TS% on 16 USG%
Williams: 52 TS% on 17 USG%
Thompson: 57 TS% on 11 USG%

His team is total trash and w/ a reasonable assortment of talent his TS to USG ratio would be more appropriate (his backup, Wroten, was 15th(!) in the league in Usage).

Given everything else he brings to the table, he's fine. It's not like Rubio or Jennings have been efficient scorers.

MCW: 48 TS% on 26 USG%
Jennings: 49 TS% on 23 USG%
Rubio: 49 TS% on 16 USG%

# 53 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/24/14 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
This is sarcasm, correct?

Anyway, I love how the new ratings system is playing out thus far. Matt, you and whomever is working with are doing a solid job this season. Can't wait to see #1 - 50 overall.

And people that are complaining about certain guys not making a big enough jump after one season, please look at the Suns for an example that it has happened. Other than Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas, they've almost all received a boost after the team was underrated throughout most of last year.

My name is Mike . Thanks man, appreciate it!

# 54 Leftos @ 09/24/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
It's Matt now.

# 55 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/24/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
It's Matt now.
Better than Nicole Kidman

# 56 23 @ 09/24/14 08:34 PM
Im not sure if this getting to be inappropriate or not already

# 57 J_Posse @ 09/24/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
I apologize, brother. Thought it said Matt on your twitter bio. Will edit and correct it. And if it makes you feel better, I'm terrible with names even in my day to day life, LMAO.

# 58 Real2KInsider @ 09/24/14 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Can someone tell me why the Suns are overloading at the point? I just don't understand that strategy. Could work in college (maybe) but I don't see that working to well in the NBA.
Having the best 3-guard rotation in basketball is as good a reason as any.

Suns were 23-11 when Dragic/Bledsoe started.
Hornacek was a PG before he played with Kevin Johnson & John Stockton.
Dragic was essentially a SG last year. At 6'3" and 190 he's the same size Hornacek was.

6'7: DeMar DeRozan, Joe Johnson, Kevin Martin, Klay Thomspon, Kyle Korver, Jimmy Butler
6'6": Danny Green, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas, Alexey Shved
6'5": James Harden, Lance Stephenson, Arron Afflalo, Bradley Beal, Wesley Matthews, Courtney Lee, Iman Shumpert, Rodney Stuckey, Anthony Morrow
6'4": Dwyane Wade, Dion Waiters, Eric Gordon, Victor Oladipo, Jodie Meeks, J.J. Redick
6'3": Goran Dragic, Monta Ellis, Brandon Knight
6'2: Avery Bradley

The vast majority of SGs nowadays have PG experience, and the ones that don't are knockdown shooters or 3 & D guys. Dragic isn't big but it's not like anyone is going to lose sleep over his ability to check Eric Gordon or Anthony Morrow (the Suns have 6'8" freak athlete Gerald Green behind him if size/stature is an issue). Jason Terry (6'2") and Ben Gordon (6'3") have been SGs nearly their entire careers.

If Plumlee and the Morris twins continue developing the Suns will be contenders in no time. It's easier for them to develop when the team has three elite PnR orchestrators running the offense at any given time.

# 59 J_Posse @ 09/24/14 09:01 PM
Not to nit pick but you left Manu Ginobili, Jamal Crawford and Kobe Bryant (all 6'6") off your list.

# 60 City_foxx @ 09/24/14 09:24 PM
Reallu liking the rating feel like they reffect value to team. Oposed to an order determining who would most likely win in a 1v1 like past rating systems. Curious to see dennis rodmans rating gota be at least 92. Hey matt and nicole any way we can get a few classic players ratings?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.