Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Whenever the NBA 2K series is mentioned, the servers are without question, high on the hit list for complaints. In NBA 2K14, problems were still happening well into December last year.

Rob Jones, senior producer for NBA 2K15, mentioned in an interview with Polygon, that they put two of their top dogs on the network infrastructure.

Quote:
According to Jones, two of Visual Concepts' top engineers spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. The studio rewrote the game's matchmaking logic as well as the way it delivers content to players. The developers also compartmentalized the various modes, so if connectivity for, say, MyTeam goes down, the problem hopefully won't prevent people from playing MyCareer. On the back end, NBA 2K15 will alert Visual Concepts' support staff as soon as a problem crops up. And it will give players error codes, so they'll be able to look up specific issues online.

Hopefully the servers hold up a lot better this year. We will find out on October 7th, when NBA 2K15 releases for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 UniversalNoob @ 09/25/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
No lobbies in NBA 2K15, unfortunately, and it sounds like they're never coming. Jones told me that Visual Concepts believes online games have simply moved away from the lobby system.

So we have to search again and again to play against friends? Sounds like it will be the faster method to create an online league for playing a quick match against friends...Have done this last year...

# 22 demencia_total @ 09/25/14 10:44 AM
So if the servers are again absolutely worthless this year, will said engineers be replaced with people who actually can fix the problems? Or maybe its just the infrastructure. Ah, what do I know, hopefully it all works out.

# 23 shegotgame @ 09/25/14 10:48 AM
This ranks highly upon the gameplay improvements. This is a BIG DEAL for this who spend a ton of their 2K playing time in online environments. I'm a league heavy (when servers are allowed) and occasional MyPark player.

# 24 bls @ 09/25/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
No lobbies in NBA 2K15, unfortunately, and it sounds like they're never coming. Jones told me that Visual Concepts believes online games — and the industry at large — have simply moved away from the lobby system.
Bull, all other sports titled still have them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

# 25 snc237 @ 09/25/14 11:12 AM
Hasn't the NBA 2k series had online play since the series started? I still have my doubts the issues will be smoothed out.

# 26 kurt2134 @ 09/25/14 11:21 AM
That's cool but I still hope you can save to the HD and not just the servers. I don't care how good the network and servers are, that's just dumb.

# 27 thedream2k13 @ 09/25/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalNoob
So we have to search again and again to play against friends? Sounds like it will be the faster method to create an online league for playing a quick match against friends...Have done this last year...
there is a play with friends option already in 2k14 why in the heck do you need to search to play with friends?

# 28 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 09/25/14 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
there is a play with friends option already in 2k14 why in the heck do you need to search to play with friends?
He might be a pc gamer you couldn't directly lay friends unless it was a league game last year.

This is great and all but is the off season glitch fixed from last year for online leagues that broke the game for many of us

# 29 Scvllp @ 09/25/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
He might be a pc gamer you couldn't directly lay friends unless it was a league game last year.

This is great and all but is the off season glitch fixed from last year for online leagues that broke the game for many of us
I don't know what game you were playing but I played people on my friends last all the time last year on PS4.

# 30 nmeurett @ 09/25/14 11:55 AM
So are they saying this should fix the lag issues ive always had with 2k? My internet connection is 30 meg and I have no issues with shooter like COD,HALO Destiny but can never play online in 2k because the lag is just so bad its not fun and is unplayable.

# 31 STLRams @ 09/25/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
No lobbies in NBA 2K15, unfortunately, and it sounds like they're never coming. Jones told me that Visual Concepts believes online games — and the industry at large — have simply moved away from the lobby system.
Madden15 has lobbies..... just saying. 2K online really needs lobbies once again.

# 32 stillfeelme @ 09/25/14 12:09 PM
I just hope they dedicated some resources to online leagues. It should have the least amount of strain compared to the rest of the online modes.

My Career
Quick play
Myteam
MyLeague
MyGM

... Online Leagues

Online Leagues should be way at the bottom

# 33 Pokes404 @ 09/25/14 12:39 PM
Hope this is true, but I'll have to actually play it and see for myself before I fully believe it.

It'd be great to be able to jump into a Team Up game with friends without it turning into a 20 min ordeal to actually get into a game that works ... and then promptly have the other team quit

# 34 juduking @ 09/25/14 12:56 PM
What year was it that 2k added fire wire for their online connections and "claimed" it fixed most online issues from their end? 2011? I highly doubt they fixed the online lag issues, but wont be able to know for certain until I get on and play myself.

# 35 Pokes404 @ 09/25/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
What year was it that 2k added fire wire for their online connections and "claimed" it fixed most online issues from their end? 2011? I highly doubt they fixed the online lag issues, but wont be able to know for certain until I get on and play myself.
I've never really had much of a problem with lag. Now sometimes it will stutter, and I think we've all had the "countdown" pop up at some point. But as far as actually playing the game, I've found the lag to be pretty minimal. I just always seem to run into connectivity issues when trying to play, especially in Team Up mode. But usually, once I finally get into a game, things run pretty well for the most part.

# 36 Steve_OS @ 09/25/14 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
@Steve_OS... What is with your misleading characterization of "well into December of last year"?? I hope you're not spinning for 2K here. Everyone that's ever played 2k14 knows that server problems plague the game up until this very day. Lag in almost every game, every timeout with bouncing jerseys, input delays while making subs during timeouts, game hanging during matchmaking/synchronizing, lag during free throws, inability to play head to head with friends "server unavailable" (my friend sold his game 2 months ago, not last December, since we couldn't play eachother) ... Not to mention that the servers are down for HOURS at a time every other week.

The longer I'm here, the more see this sort out of foxnews/msnbc style political theater and spin. Is your basketball game unit just an extension of 2k? I, frequently, witness mods here sacrificing their time to defend 2k while they post nothing but negativity themselves on the Live boards. I'm not a Live fan myself, but it's not hard to see and can be proven with a quick post history lookup.
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is aware of their ongoing server issues. I was simply pointing out they were still having MAJOR server issues well into December, that's all. I report news, don't get it twisted.

# 37 RocketTMac1 @ 09/25/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Bout freaking time !
This. Didn't make any sense for all of that to have happened in 2K14.

# 38 justanotherguy @ 09/25/14 01:57 PM
This! Aside from the way a lot of people played, connectivity issues is what made playing online and in the Park impossible for me. I'd be in the middle of a game, no lag, everything's perfect and at the moment where I least expect it, the window saying there was network issues comes up ending the game abruptly, yet there wasn't even a slight hint that the conditions were poor. I don't even get the countdown like someone mentioned, I just get dropped.

So many streaks on the Park were ruined by either me or a teammate lagging out of a game.

If this is a success, 2k you have my undying gratitude!!!

But until then, I'll be waiting...

# 39 HowDareI @ 09/25/14 01:58 PM
So was my (and other peoples') MyCareers getting corrupted due to the poor servers as well?

I had to watch Chris Smoove play through his whole season to see all the cutscenes because mine corrupted twice, both times half way through the season.

Really hoping that's not an issue again.

# 40 kevmasood @ 09/25/14 02:32 PM
Since the lobbies wont be back, Friends List, is the way to go , cuz you know if, you is a SIM player, ppl you play with, if its lengthy on you list, shouldnt be know problems, Im a heavy League, player, and Online player, that doesnt mean , i should subject myself, to playing CHEESE, With these ,Quick
matches

Too much Cheese, you got to cut thru, And once a month, you will find a good player, out of quick matches, You ask yourself, is it really worth it, All that Drama, to play, with SIM MINDED PPL, who just was play realistic, Good Basketball, on the virtual courts, Now is not the to say, I wont test it, its not fun anymore, I play on my FREINDS List, or Good League

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.