Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 31st overall rated player through 50. The top 30 will be revealed soon.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jpshua15 @ 09/25/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
Lance Stephenson and Klay Thompson are rated too high, they should be closer to 78-80 range. Klay is a classic 3 and D type guy, that's all he can do. He is a terrible passer(shoots everytime he gets the ball) and a terrible rebounder. Also both have below average Player Efficiency Ratings. Happy to see Millsaps rating being higher though, dude is a beast.
I used to be a fan of PER, but it almost always hinders SGs, especially those who are really good defenders like Lance and Klay

# 42 RocketTMac1 @ 09/25/14 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshua15
Must be an exciting time for Hornets fans ... I think Lance has a chance to become a star and face of the franchise ... he just needs to get his act together, which I think he can do in that environment
We already love Lance in the QC. He is comfortable. I just don't want him getting down during rough patches because we will have some. Our dilemma is this Kemba or Steph decision. I wouldn't mind a PHX type backcourt but who would guard the two lol.

# 43 eko718 @ 09/25/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
When healthy Wade is arguably a top 5 guy. When he isn't you will see it I'm sure. I think the injury system is tied into overall performance over a long season in MyLeague and MyGM. So you will see D.Wade have great flashes of the old Flash and then he will turn in W.O.W and then Dwayne Wayne.
Even based off of last season(statistically for the entire year and PO's, not just the last few games of the Finals), it would be very hard to justify a rating lower than 88-87 for Wade IMO. The only dock on Wade is health. Injuries 2.0 will account for that.

And considering the pass Kobe got from last year with that 89 rating and Harden's completely one dimensional game, there is no reason that Wade should not be right there with those guys ratings wise, especially if as beds explained, the last 3 years are considered.

# 44 Afro_Explosion @ 09/25/14 06:56 PM
Lance is a great player with a lot of potential. I just wish he was still in indy

# 45 CBfromCU32 @ 09/25/14 07:20 PM
As long as the ratings are "close" to what I expect I dont see any problems.. I can always make small changes here and there

# 46 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/25/14 07:53 PM
I might have to start watching some ATL games. 85 seems pretty high for Paul Milsap.

# 47 KingTocco @ 09/25/14 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I might have to start watching some ATL games. 85 seems pretty high for Paul Milsap.
No I don't think so, I think it's about right on point. 84-85 is perfect I think

# 48 8KB24 @ 09/25/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Well, then who do u think is? I'll buy the Marc Gasol argument ... but I'll give Big Al the edge over Boogie because of winning.
Dwight-Boogie-Noah-Marc Gasol-Big Al

In that order. Hopefully no-one was forgot. Boogie is a LOT closer to Dwight than people think. And that's on ****ty team. If he was on a team like Hornets -- easily the best big man in the game.

# 49 rdy @ 09/25/14 08:12 PM
hoping you can reconsider Kenneth faried rating from 81 to 83 the way he played in Team USA and the later part of the2k14 season

# 50 jpshua15 @ 09/25/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24

In that order. Hopefully no-one was forgot. Boogie is a LOT closer to Dwight than people think. And that's on ****ty team. If he was on a team like Hornets -- easily the best big man in the game.
Boogie aint better than Joakim. Put Boogie in the Bulls' situation last year and they dont win as many games as they do with Noah.

But dont get me wrong. Boogie is a beast.

# 51 commandoelite5 @ 09/25/14 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Yup Lance just does everything on the court clearly doesn't deserve an 84...

Look I'm a fan of the Hornets, they're my second favorite team, but I don't think Lance is an 84, I think he is more of an 80. I mean his TS% isn't great, his assist/turnover ratio is terrible. He is an average scorer and doesn't get to the line very often. He is a FANTASTIC rebounder and an above average defender but judging by his contract I think the majority of the NBA would agree with me. Players like Bledsoe, Hayward, and Parsons are getting paid, why doesn't lance? It's because he isn't an elite player, he is a good starter on a good team. BTW I hope Big Al gets a good rating this year, dude is the best low post offensive player in the league.

# 52 jpshua15 @ 09/25/14 09:09 PM
Quote:
Look I'm a fan of the Hornets, they're my second favorite team, but I don't think Lance is an 84, I think he is more of an 80. I mean his TS% isn't great, his assist/turnover ratio is terrible. He is an average scorer and doesn't get to the line very often. He is a FANTASTIC rebounder and an above average defender but judging by his contract I think the majority of the NBA would agree with me. Players like Bledsoe, Hayward, and Parsons are getting paid, why doesn't lance? It's because he isn't an elite player, he is a good starter on a good team. BTW I hope Big Al gets a good rating this year, dude is the best low post offensive player in the league.
For Lance, its more that he has the potential to become a great player ... he's only 24 yrs old and is only improving as a shooter, scorer, and decision maker

# 53 KingTocco @ 09/25/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
No I think Lance is perfect at 84. He was a triple double machine last year, he can do it all. He makes careless mistakes sometime but that will come with discipline.

How much money he got has nothing to do with his rating. Chandler Parsons is not a better player than Lance and neither is Hayward...Lance didn't get as much money because of his antics and his discipline/behavior. Teams took more of a cautious approach towards him, Lance could have gotten more money in Indiana but he decided to bet on himself and take the shorter/less money deal to try and get a max contract in the future.

# 54 KingTocco @ 09/25/14 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24

So you think that if Boogie was on a better team he would easily be the best big man in the game?!

IMO I think you are completely wrong. I would have Dwight and Noah rated above him with Boogie and Al Jefferson being tied for 3rd. I would have Marc Gasol 5th

# 55 commandoelite5 @ 09/25/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
For Lance, its more that he has the potential to become a great player ... he's only 24 yrs old and is only improving as a shooter, scorer, and decision maker
So now we are basing players ratings on potential? Okay, so Jabari Parker should be a 99. Potential shouldn't effect their ratings for this year, that's just stupid.

# 56 commandoelite5 @ 09/25/14 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
No I think Lance is perfect at 84. He was a triple double machine last year, he can do it all. He makes careless mistakes sometime but that will come with discipline.

How much money he got has nothing to do with his rating. Chandler Parsons is not a better player than Lance and neither is Hayward...Lance didn't get as much money because of his antics and his discipline/behavior. Teams took more of a cautious approach towards him, Lance could have gotten more money in Indiana but he decided to bet on himself and take the shorter/less money deal to try and get a max contract in the future.
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.

# 57 fidelityny @ 09/25/14 09:32 PM
How is Deron Williams ranked higher than Joe Johnson? So much for an improved rating system.

# 58 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/25/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.
What I won't do is short change a guy the formula "overrates" in the eyes of some. Lance produces a very high overall because he is an extremely well rounded player. He doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. All around players will always generate a higher overall. Once you grab the game and get a chance to dive into the individual attributes let me know what you disagree with. Always receptive to feedback

# 59 KingTocco @ 09/25/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Lol I didn't say he was amazing, but triple doubles can showcase how versatile he is. Not a complete definer of the player he is, but it's decent.

Lance is more of a SG than a SF so I don't really want to compare players of different positions. And I would disagree that his antics would lower his awareness...maybe his IQ rating if that's a real thing.

# 60 JayAtkHar @ 09/25/14 09:41 PM
milsap better than bosh is bs

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.