Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

LD2K answered a few questions about NBA 2K15 online leagues earlier this afternoon. Below are some of the details.
  • Can adjust # of teams, season length, difficulty/style, quarter length, trades, playoffs/Finals & custom rosters.
  • Can view player & team stats, standings, team rosters, trades and more.
  • Flex scheduling is in.
  • Admins can reset games.
  • No fantasy drafts this year.
  • Custom rosters are in Online Leagues, you could set up the rosters prior to setting up the league and having users select teams from there.
  • CPU controlled teams are in.
We have contacted 2K for a few more answers and we will update if we hear back.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 RyanFitzmagic @ 10/02/14 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
moretins‏@moretinss 7 hhace 7 horas
@Da_Czar @Nolegendhere thanks. And can we change sliders in online leagues

Da_Czar‏@Da_Czar 6 hhace 6 horas
@moretinss @Nolegendhere No.

# 182 setis @ 10/02/14 03:50 AM
No sliders....? Are you kidding me? What about that on learning from part errors and bla bla bla... It's really disappointing.

Would there be sliders in OAs for 360? We might have to come back there, then..

# 183 MeloNYK7 @ 10/02/14 03:56 AM
no sliders no custom saved playbooks no fantasy draft. yup im spending 0 mins in this mode.

# 184 vannwolfhawk @ 10/02/14 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
no sliders no custom saved playbooks no fantasy draft. yup im spending 0 mins in this mode.
Ya then they will say no one hardly played online leagues so we got rid of them like halftime shows and everyone buttoning through them. Ya we'll no s**t because you ruined the mode and made it almost impossible for people to enjoy it! Lol!

# 185 JJPooh @ 10/02/14 04:45 AM
no sliders? You'll know when you hit it...ROCK BOTTOM

# 186 RyanFitzmagic @ 10/02/14 05:10 AM
I'm still confused as a motha... lol. Custom rosters for the first time ever, but no custom sliders. That'd be like if Blake Griffin came into the league for the 2015 season with Dirk's jumper but he had a 2-inch vertical leap for some reason. That's not an improvement-- it's a net neutral. The positive and negative cancel out. This seems to happen every year, too.

Just change the official motto of 2K Sports to "One step forward, one step backward." At least then people will know.

# 187 vannwolfhawk @ 10/02/14 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I'm still confused as a motha... lol. Custom rosters for the first time ever, but no custom sliders. That'd be like if Blake Griffin came into the league for the 2015 season with Dirk's jumper but he had a 2-inch vertical leap for some reason. That's not an improvement-- it's a net neutral. The positive and negative cancel out. This seems to happen every year, too.

Just change the official motto of 2K Sports to "One step forward, one step backward." At least then people will know.
Lol! Not sure I got the analogy but agree with your point and their new motto! Haha didn't they have custom rosters in game last year though? Or was that madden I'm thinking of? I swear 2k had that last year though...

# 188 malekem @ 10/02/14 07:04 AM
This is a disaster ! 2k is doing everything to hinder the game for us in the league online . you ask why? because they do not see this as no interest , because the interest is VC ! 2k shame that they do not you respect the most die-hard fans of the series!

I want to cancel my pre order !!!

# 189 nachovidal @ 10/02/14 08:40 AM
I am quite upset and disappointed to learn that there is no customization of the sliders in the OA.
I think a big **** because to play this game mode , we do not like the cheeser game, we like a simulated mode as close to reality.
Sure 2k has implemented some good sliders can customize but if we can address some bugs that the game every year brings.
I will not lie and say that I will not buy the 2k15 is the best basketball game on the market and keep buying but things like this and nba live each year getting a little more battery , we'll see what happens the following year, if 2k continues to disappoint his audience

# 190 Vni @ 10/02/14 09:09 AM
What if the out of the box sliders are good ? I've always played on hof sim online and thought it was pretty good. Especially now since we're gonna have good rosters out of the box.

# 191 thedream2k13 @ 10/02/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Wow that's just awful! How do you not allow custom slider adjustments in a league? So I guess we have to live with 5 fouls per game, no one ever in foul trouble, 3's falling at high rate, inside shots and contested shots falling at high rates, etc? We have to trust they got it right for online play? In our league We like to play hall of fame because of smaller windows on shot success but from sounds of it all star sim was there main focus and is where they focused their energy as well as what the default online settings will be set at which leaves us no choice really but to have to play with those settings as well.

In years past we have adjusted blocks way up in 13 as there were no blocks and we had to adjust on ball defense because in online it was horrible trying to stay in front of defender with lag so we would counter that with higher on ball d. Then 2k never seems to get contact in the paint right with a nice balance so this is always another area we had to tweak. All of these things are for us to get sim experience that WE felt was sim and made the game more realistic and fun. With all the preaching of customization this year it's very disappointing to hear they didn't give us ANY in this area. It's not like this hasn't been discussed. If your going to have a online league then IMO do it right and listen to the community. Why take away something like this? As much as practice plays mode being gone last year and the disappointment I felt I did understand the short cycle and it being 1st year on next gen but this one has me baffled...

Then when it comes to no saved play books that means I'd have to waste 10 minutes before every game to add the plays that 1- aren't broken (hope none are this year as I know czar has worked hard to eliminate those but highly doubt this will be case) and 2- eliminate useless plays with not great action or takes too long to get into action I want and 3- add plays more conducive to my team and style that I want to play like or with. Not to mention I have to wait another 5-10 minutes for my opponent to adjust his play book. What a waste of time!

My only hope is with custom rosters we can add and adjust play books being tied to roster and then take them into our online league. Fingers crossed!

Apparently 2k now needs to hire a online league guru to help them in this area too... I do want to thank czar for having the ***** to answer the tough questions though and not running from it. I'd rather know now then wonder is it in? I knew the answer when we heard no answer though! It's their MO! Lol!

I'm so bummed about this now I'M wanting to #blowtheinternetup & #shutdowninternetmyselfwithwtfwereuthinking2kOnlin eleaguesajokenocustomizationwhat?!?!?!
That's a lot of complaining before even getting your hands on the game. We just seen a 40 minute gameplay video played on superstar Sim that had none of the issues you describing. Custom playbooks seem to be missing so guess I have to play like the real team ? That's what a simulation is

# 192 stillfeelme @ 10/02/14 09:23 AM
No online sliders will be disappointing. I think it means we will have to use the defensive settings and matchups better to cover up as much as possible. Shooting difficulty should be at is hardest on HOF. VC has to be really confident in tuning the gameplay to the default sliders.

Vann,

Here is the thing for the roster I originally thought it would make the most sense to give everyone in the Sim City league a chance to give you a list of plays they wanted on their team's playbook then allow you or one of the commish's to edit the roster. However think about this if everyone changes their playbook would you be able to alter the playbook later? Will all the plays exist if a user has altered that team's playbook to remove certain plays from their playbook do they still exist somewhere else? I am not sure on that so I could be wrong though what was your experience before?

Personally I am pretty confident in the Spurs playbook as it was realistic in 2K14 and there was nothing I really wanted to add. I am really confident in that for 2K15 because Czar said he used the max play slots for them.

# 193 silverskier @ 10/02/14 09:26 AM
Why are people coming to this thread to say that customization isn't sim or not important? Customization is always important, more options equal to a better experience. I can't understand people giving arguments for a non customizable game, i just simply can't Oo

# 194 NDAlum @ 10/02/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
That's a lot of complaining before even getting your hands on the game. We just seen a 40 minute gameplay video played on superstar Sim that had none of the issues you describing. Custom playbooks seem to be missing so guess I have to play like the real team ? That's what a simulation is
To play devil's advocate:

This is all based on last year. Let's say we are a fan of a team and they start running particular plays and sets that aren't in their base PB but we team Team X out there which does include a play/set that is very similar to what we see in real life. I'd like the opportunity to use a CPB to add that play so I can run sets like my team currently does IRL.

I'm pretty dang disappointed in the fact that online leagues got left in the dust. Guys who create a virtual character of themselves go the hook up and guys who want a true GM experience with other humans as opposed to the CPU are out in the cold.

I'm not mad at 2K or anybody on the team, I'm just disappointed. I still think the upgrades they made to the MyLeague or association type mode are worthy of a purchase but it's yet another year that I can't play against other people in a mode that is enticing to me.

# 195 stillfeelme @ 10/02/14 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
That is not really complaining that is from known facts based off working with 2K's plays. Ronnie and LD ran what a few plays man come on. People want to be their GM, coach and get rid of plays or add plays that were either broken or didn't give a team a good look, took too long to develop etc etc. If your team's play book is lacking you should just go with it and not adjust it?

Now Czar did say he tried to get rid of broken plays and keep the action moving back to the teams base set. There is always a chance of broken plays though unless he said 100% no broken plays. There is a chance he couldn't get every single play to work without breaking.

# 196 Destru @ 10/02/14 09:54 AM
If it's true that there are no sliders for Online Leagues, no surprise. 2k disrespecting online users one more year. Embarrasing. Come on, year 2014...internet generation. STOP disrespecting this modes.

# 197 lvnba @ 10/02/14 10:52 AM
It is possible to hope for an update, a patch or something after a couple of months? Maybe they realize that this is a very fixable mistake?

# 198 loso_34 @ 10/02/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
Why are people coming to this thread to say that customization isn't sim or not important? Customization is always important, more options equal to a better experience. I can't understand people giving arguments for a non customizable game, i just simply can't Oo
Trolls..no way else to put it. Some guys live to argue with strangers man.

I wonder what customization rob jones spoke of. There were some questions about admin controls that were also ignored which is concerning as everything they ignore is excluded.

# 199 LBFitted @ 10/02/14 11:21 AM
I will be purchasing, playing and making the most of 2k15, but they really have dropped they ball with no Online Association. They say it's hard and I'm no developer but at the same time madden and MLB the show had functiong multi seasons... so it's not impossible. They should have started with it on 14. That is a staple for christ sake, it is 2014... everything is online

# 200 GollyImGully @ 10/02/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
I will be purchasing, playing and making the most of 2k15, but they really have dropped they ball with no Online Association. They say it's hard and I'm no developer but at the same time madden and MLB the show had functiong multi seasons... so it's not impossible. They should have started with it on 14. That is a staple for christ sake, it is 2014... everything is online
That's my gripe with the lack of attention 2k's online department gets each and every year. Why ignore online functions when everything is online at this point? I mean you couldn't even play 2k14 offline without an online connection last year. Can't give a company anymore hints to what gaming generation we are in at this point.

We aren't even asking for MyLeague online. Just give us 2k13 online association, without the glitches and i'd be happy. The fact the same 0 $/0 Yr contract glitch has been in 2k for YEARS is a disgusting fact by itself.

Fantasy Draft
Multiple Years
Free Agency/Off-Season
Player Progression
More ways to earn off-season points
Ability to upload custom draft classes
Custom Rosters
Practice Plays/Practice Mode
Play offs
Sliders
Multiple Admin's
User & CPU Teams

That's all we really want and you know this can be patched or released as DLC. But the fact is it shouldn't have to be this way.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.