Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

LD2K answered a few questions about NBA 2K15 online leagues earlier this afternoon. Below are some of the details.
  • Can adjust # of teams, season length, difficulty/style, quarter length, trades, playoffs/Finals & custom rosters.
  • Can view player & team stats, standings, team rosters, trades and more.
  • Flex scheduling is in.
  • Admins can reset games.
  • No fantasy drafts this year.
  • Custom rosters are in Online Leagues, you could set up the rosters prior to setting up the league and having users select teams from there.
  • CPU controlled teams are in.
We have contacted 2K for a few more answers and we will update if we hear back.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 amedawg00 @ 09/29/14 10:14 AM
Looks like boiler and his foes have hijacked this thread. If we had the devs eyes and ears on this thread, it's all but a lost cause now.

# 142 morningstar777 @ 09/29/14 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Boy, that's pretty presumptuous of you to claim which section of the fan base is most passionate. I would say the Crewbabies are the most passionate frankly if you held a gun to my head. Followed by the MyTeam nuts.

And then this "always" thing. Really? If that were the case, there would be no such mode at all. Just saying.
You have your opinion, I have mine. Unlike you, I won't quote you and trash your opinion. To ME the Online Leaguers are the most passionate fans because of the dedication and time we put into suggestions in making the game better, as well as the handful of us who practice plays for hours (when there was a practice mode) just to use them to perfection in our OL games. I don't even know why I have to explain myself, the guy with the Philly logo under your post said it all.

# 143 Boilerbuzz @ 09/29/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Looks like boiler and his foes have hijacked this thread. If we had the devs eyes and ears on this thread, it's all but a lost cause now.
I actually am trying to keep their eyes on the thread, sir. What does THIS post do to further that goal?

# 144 Boilerbuzz @ 09/29/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
You have your opinion, I have mine. Unlike you, I won't quote you and trash your opinion. To ME the Online Leaguers are the most passionate fans because of the dedication and time we put into suggestions in making the game better, as well as the handful of us who practice plays for hours (when there was a practice mode) just to use them to perfection in our OL games. I don't even know why I have to explain myself, the guy with the Philly logo under your post said it all.
It's so easy to hurt feelings here! Geez! Ok, we will move on. Online leagues: yes, they need sliders for the people that just have to have them. Needs to have a fantasy draft for the people that can't live in the actual reality of the current make up of the league. Am I missing anything else?

# 145 loso_34 @ 09/29/14 11:28 AM
Quote:
It's so easy to hurt feelings here! Geez! Ok, we will move on. Online leagues: yes, they need sliders for the people that just have to have them. Needs to have a fantasy draft for the people that can't live in the actual reality of the current make up of the league. Am I missing anything else?
What do you have against custom sliders?

Fantasy drafts arent really a necessity most should agree on that. How would you feel about myleague without sliders?

# 146 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/29/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Madden, mlb and nhl all got it right. But 2k can't! damn this got my hype all the way down. Let's hope they atleast add crew.
NHL removed online leagues. And just about everything else as well. I am not happy with the next gen handling of online options in sports games as a whole.

# 147 silverskier @ 09/29/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
This makes NO sense at all. First: I have yet to apologize to 2K on anything. Learn to read. Secondly, *I* am the one calling on people to state the make it he distinction between facts and how they feel as two separate things. Learn to read. Third: I've ALWAYS stated my opinion as opinion. Find one post where that is not the case. Fourth: you replied to a reply of a post directed squarely at me. So again, follow along.

If I wave the pom poms, as you say, I must be doing a crappy job because I'm VERY vocal in my dislike of the direction MyCareer has taken since 2K11. That's just one example. I've agreed with the complaints on the intrusiveness of VC, especially in MyGM to the point where I didn't play it last year! I can give you a list things I don't like about the game if you'd like as I'm sure you wouldn't mind a list for you campaigning, right?

I'm here because I like the game and I'm hopeful for this mode. Some of you just come in here to bitch. Not provide feedback and constructive criticism. Just to bitch. And if anyone says anything that calls you on going overboard, they become blind apologist on the payroll. Whatever. If you don't like it, I can't help that.

The feedback I believe is easy to give, and in fact, is what a lot of people is doing in this thread. These are the features that haven't been stated by 2k or that are missing in this iteration:

Fantasy draft (and not deleting custom rosters)
Admin options such as giving wins and losses, veto trades, kick users
Custom Sliders
Custom Playbooks
Custom Gameplan
Practice Play mode
Reenter the league if not banned
Multiple seasons

Maybe the user that created the thread could make a list wishlist in the first post and change the title of the thread giving the information to give @ld2k and de devs the opportunity to know about our concerns. Right now we don't know if they are aware of them.

# 148 NDAlum @ 09/29/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
NHL removed online leagues. And just about everything else as well. I am not happy with the next gen handling of online options in sports games as a whole.
I know Madden gets a fair share of criticism...but their online CFM mode is pretty damn awesome.

If 2K gave us MyLeague or a complete online association mode people would be all over it.

Well actually...it still wouldn't be as popular as the MyPlayer mode. From my observations on here it seems like MP is wildly popular as people prefer to create a virtual character and play through this RPG mode.

I'd still like to see what happens...maybe a full out online association would convert people to that style of play over MP.

# 149 Boilerbuzz @ 09/29/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
What do you have against custom sliders?

Fantasy drafts arent really a necessity most should agree on that. How would you feel about myleague without sliders?
I have absolutely nothing against any feature mentioned here. I agree it would be great. Never an argument against customization. MyLeague wouldn't be what it is without it. I'm just not going to stress too hard because it's not there. I don't take it as a middle finger that they are not there yet. That's all.

Like I said, I'm not going to respond the other posts. Folks read far more into post than they need to and don't take my posts verbatim. There's no point in repeating my stance other than to point out I agree that it sucks that we don't have continuous seasons and supposedly no sliders. I say supposedly because nothing has been confirmed yet. And if people STILL don't get it, flood my inbox instead of this thread.

# 150 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 09/29/14 03:07 PM
From seeing what all these other sports franchises have been doing porting online modes aren't easy seems as if they have to be re-written for next gen so some of them have to be taken out to be worked on etc

# 151 RyanFitzmagic @ 09/29/14 04:04 PM
For everyone wondering about custom sliders, the first post says we can change "difficulty and style," which I assume means pre-set sliders (Sim, Arcade, etc.), so if we can do that, I imagine there's at least half a chance we can use custom sliders.

# 152 sluknucks @ 09/29/14 04:09 PM
THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT THERE IS NO OPTION FOR MULTIPLE SEASONS! THE BEAUTY OF THE GAME WAS BEING ABLE TO BUILD A GARBAGE TEAM LIKE THE BOBCATS INTO CONTENDERS VIA FREE AGENCY AND DRAFTS. IT WAS JUST BEAUTIFUL. NOW WITH ONLY ONE SEASON EVERYONE WILL TRY TO GET THE BEST TEAMS WHATS THE SENSE IN PLAYING WITH A BAD TEAM? PLEASE 2K FIND A WAY TO PATCH THIS IN EVEN IF ITS 3 OR 4 SEASONS JUST SOMETHING

# 153 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/29/14 04:13 PM
I'm not going to lie and say fantasy draft will stop me from playing this mode. I'm glad it's improved. It was just fun to do with all my friends. Funny thing is we would go for players we liked more so than high overall. Was just looking Foward to that aspect it just seems less interesting to me without a draft. I'm done ranting 10.7 needs to hurry up

# 154 Boilerbuzz @ 09/29/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I'm not going to lie and say fantasy draft will stop me from playing this mode. I'm glad it's improved. It was just fun to do with all my friends. Funny thing is we would go for players we liked more so than high overall. Was just looking Foward to that aspect it just seems less interesting to me without a draft. I'm done ranting 10.7 needs to hurry up
Holding your own draft and changing the roster would be a pain in my opinion. But it's there and can be done.

# 155 ClevelandFan @ 09/29/14 09:53 PM
GIVE ME ONLINE ASSOCIATION BACK.

F**K THIS 1 SEASON AND DONE BULLSH*T

# 156 ricanmets @ 09/29/14 10:07 PM
Hello fellas,
If the online league is NOT! one year and done. I would like to extend an invitation to all the active ballers in the 2k community. I will be hosting a draft thru Facebook. Then I will upload the roster to the league after draft. In my league we play for fun and good sportsmanship. We have a small set of rules to keep the cheese out. High activity is a must. If you are interested send me a friend request on xobx-1 (RicanMets) thank you and have a great day.

# 157 ricanmets @ 09/29/14 10:15 PM
Hello fellas,
If the online league is NOT! one year and done. I would like to extend an invitation to all the active ballers in the 2k community. I will be hosting a draft thru Facebook. Then I will upload the roster to the league after draft. In my league we play for fun and good sportsmanship. We have a small set of rules to keep the cheese out. High activity is a must. If you are interested send me a friend request on xbox-1 (RicanMets) thank you and have a great day.

# 158 Hassan Darkside @ 10/01/14 04:59 AM
The Devs have alluded to it before (maybe not particularly for Online Leagues) but there's only so much you can do in a year long cycle. Every sports game goes through it where they have to plan and prioritize what they're going to address and implement. It's quite possible that there's a bigger plan for online leagues but they just didn't have time to do what they wanted with it. It wouldn't surprise me if they had ambitions to have online MyLeague (especially with Leftos on board) but actually had to build the structure of MyLeague first before considering taking it online. It may be one of those things where they felt it was better to just proceed this year with a lightweight version of online leagues rather than sink a bunch of time into something they might end up redoing completely next year. If you ain't gonna come correct, don't come at all! I rather them do that than do things half way.

Someone's always going to be unhappy and the irony is that for years it's been the offline crowd that's felt they got the snub.

# 159 Melbournelad @ 10/01/14 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lid

# 160 Melbournelad @ 10/01/14 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
Been literally playing 2K since the Dreamcast days, and I just don't understand how they can take away modes/features that was working fine and was favorable to fans. Why are they going backwards?

So finally we get custom sliders for OL's. But of course we lose fantasy drafts and the ability to save playbooks (I'm pretty sure it wont be in 2k15). I bet in 2K16 they will add those features but take away custom sliders again, given 2K'2 track record. It's really pathetic at this point, the Online Leaguers are the most passionate 2K fans but always gets the short end of the stick, while the offline players whom the majority of them plays the game casually gets the creme de la creme.
Nice joke, friend.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.