Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense.

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/26/14 01:30 PM
I wonder if teams can run the triangle like this

# 22 Vni @ 09/26/14 01:30 PM
Can we still select 4 out 1 in 3 out 2 in and space the floor from the d pad czar ?

# 23 eko718 @ 09/26/14 01:32 PM
I love what I see in this video. What a vast improvement over last year. The graphical upgrade is even evident, with the shiny court issue having been addressed. Very nice.

# 24 Vni @ 09/26/14 01:33 PM
Btw the AI did some serious cooking in that video. Never seen before.

# 25 Toaster @ 09/26/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Playing with the Spurs always felt so wrong in previous 2K... Amazing improvement there. I was gonna explode if Gino made that extra pass to Duncan at the end.
Me too!!

Still, very solid video. I agree that playing the spurs on 2K14 just felt wrong. Hope it will feel far better in 2K15, seems very promising

# 26 RocketTMac1 @ 09/26/14 01:34 PM
Love the different models this year. D.Rose isn't a hulk on the court. You have more slim guys, average etc.

# 27 LD2k @ 09/26/14 01:34 PM
I know when I usually say things like this people pass it over, but the gameplay team has created a gem this year. The gameplay is the best in series history and it's not even close.

Great video Czar.

# 28 23 @ 09/26/14 01:34 PM
The spurs motion offense is there. . In the game.

Think about that for a second.

... and you don't have to turn it on. It's just there already.

This is Awesome

# 29 King_B_Mack @ 09/26/14 01:36 PM

I've been saying it man. This year feels like 2K11 did man. This does nothing to kill that vibe even down to the Czar/Sage greatness all we needed was some Kanye "Power" in there to get even more hype.

# 30 godylla @ 09/26/14 01:37 PM
Is that offense tied to the Spurs no matter what, or is it tied to Pop? Just curious for years down the road in MyGM and what not.

# 31 23 @ 09/26/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I know when I usually say things like this people pass it over, but the gameplay team has created a gem this year. The gameplay is the best in series history and it's not even close.

Great video Czar.
#NBA2K15 #EXCITED

You WILL believe come OCT 7th

# 32 jr2424 @ 09/26/14 01:40 PM
This is what Czar said in another thread about him releasing a video today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
LOL! How apropos. Don't get too hyped men it's just a lil' something something. I'm just happy to finally check into the game. LOL
I love it, man. Under-promise and over-deliver. Man drops a 7-minute video but says "don't get too hype." Humility. A lost art nowadays.

# 33 swac07 @ 09/26/14 01:40 PM
Beautiful...just beautiful

-starts a teary eyed slow clap-

# 34 El_Poopador @ 09/26/14 01:41 PM
I saw a lot of good things in there. If every team really can run freelance like their real-life counterparts, it's going to be a lot of fun. Having intelligent off-ball movement will go a long way.

I loved seeing Duncan pass the ball back out after getting an offensive rebound. I don't think I saw that happen even once in 2k14; they always went right back up with it. Hopefully we see teams resetting more often after an offensive board.

I also loved seeing the CPU take some mid-range shots off the dribble. The one from Ginobili was beautiful. As was the double cross pull-up from Parker out of the corner. Great to see the CPU finally use the space between the key and three point line to take some shots lol.

As awesome as most of it was, I didn't like that the CPU didn't really take advantage of the mismatch of Dirk guarding Parker at 5:58. Parker did get an open midrange shot, but it didn't feel like they really recognized the mismatch; more like he just saw that there was an open shot.

Czar, can you comment on that, or will we hear more about that in the coming days? It was only one clip, so clearly not a good sample size, but something that really bugged me last year.

# 35 RocketTMac1 @ 09/26/14 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
#NBA2K15 #EXCITED

You WILL believe come OCT 7th
I BOlieve in this game.

# 36 RandomPerson @ 09/26/14 01:42 PM
I love how the AI can punish you for cheating on defense now.

Speaking of defense, the AI looks to be much improved on that end as well. The Spurs defended the pick n roll beautifully. Kawhi stayed home on the shooter in the corner (as he should), and Splitter rotated down properly. Good stuff.

# 37 silverskier @ 09/26/14 01:43 PM
I'm gonna burn the reload button of this youtube video =)

# 38 thedream2k13 @ 09/26/14 01:43 PM
I see that James Harden step back jumper at the end I was wondering when this was going to be added to the game!

# 39 RumbleCard @ 09/26/14 01:43 PM
Just for clarity is this a default offense based on the coach's gameplan or an offense set/play that you select in the same way you select a play during a game?

Basically how is this offense "style" chosen? Is it determined by who is coaching the team? An offense scheme page? Selected during gameplay?

How can it be changed? Obviously you would to run something different as your team evolves.

But yeah...this is a huge improvement. Looks like the days of redundant, predictable and lazy offball movement are gone. Excellent work and excellent presentation.

# 40 WTF @ 09/26/14 01:44 PM
Well done Czar, as always. Well done 2k.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.