Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense.

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 twogotwingz3 @ 09/26/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Wow. I picked a hell of a year to not buy 2K on day one. I'm trying to wait til Black Friday.
Man!! Almost the same thing I was thinking! But not just 2k, on all games! Tired of dropping 60... But 2k has pretty much changed my mind! And that's the only game so far!!

# 82 Sundown @ 09/26/14 03:17 PM
I got chills on that pull up jumper when Czar cheated to the AI's left.

# 83 stillfeelme @ 09/26/14 03:18 PM
Just peeped something in the first minute before he even starts with the freelance offense.

Hawks looks to have some new plays for Korver on how they use him now. They use him as a screener but the play is designed to go to him and then he curls out to the 3pt land. Zach Lowe just did an article about here

http://grantland.com/features/kyle-k...atlanta-hawks/

The video is here if it embeds but it is almost the exact same play.

And this as well

# 84 BezO @ 09/26/14 03:21 PM
Wow! For my style, this is the best addition they could've made.

I always turn off the play overlays after learning enough of the Knicks playbook. No problem playing with the Knicks in season modes.

But I play a lot of exhibition games, 1 & 2 player, and always use different teams. I've been relegated to quick plays in those games. And it sucked, especially after they removed the ability to call any quick play for any player. Having teams run a virtual version of their offense takes 2K gaming to a new level.

This, plus badges & tendencies... what's to stop this from looking like basketball?

# 85 StL_RamZ @ 09/26/14 03:21 PM
they just finished a 2k stream on twitch. I caught it extremely late. they just said next week they will have live 5-on-5 gameplay on Tuesday and they will reveal something that no one has ever thought of

# 86 Sinner @ 09/26/14 03:24 PM
Love the video, 2k, Da Czar, Sage damn nice work all the way around.

# 87 justanotherguy @ 09/26/14 03:24 PM

Dang, just won my pre-order. I was planning on holding out for a while to see what others had to say after the launch, but this just won me over.

No one likes losing, but if the CPU is running a competent offense and working to get open shots, as opposed to what I've witnessed in 2k14, I can accept a loss to it. And now when I'm on offense I actually having some to fall back on that doesn't involve isolating. Man, you just made my day even better!

Phenomenal work, ab-so-lutely crushed it.

# 88 blues rocker @ 09/26/14 03:30 PM
nice. players seem to move with more speed and purpose rather than just lazily jogging around. passes seem zippier too.

# 89 BluFu @ 09/26/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
That Manu pull up by the A.I sealed my pre order
the TONY pull up at 4:56 sealed mine

# 90 Blue12 @ 09/26/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Wow. I picked a hell of a year to not buy 2K on day one. I'm trying to wait til Black Friday.
You could always... you know... CHANGE YOUR PLANS!!!

# 91 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Smh. The czar does it again. Has messed up my weekend.

Not only did he show thefreelance system, but then he flexin with the dribble hand off at the end. Ha ha. Czar is a funny dude. That ginobli pull up off the stop and go was nice. Floaters look one thousand times more realistic. Looks like 2k11 may finally get to rest in peace as opposed to being abused every summer by the console.
I was hoping y'all would catch that. With the dribble hand-off's the system works best if you get to a spot and have the other guy run off of you. It's not ready for you both to be moving.

It will play consistently if your follow the diagram. Still a tricky thing though but the AI can run those much better than it could previously but you will still see some wonky stuff from time to time. As with everything else this will be something we try to improve on each year.

If you follow your diagrams and timing though they really run nicely even with the applying pressure as they were in that vid.

EDIT: Also for almost every instance except for those where it just didn't make sense we have a branch if you decide not to hand it off. This makes teams like Portland difficult to guard when you get the timing down.

# 92 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Is that offense tied to the Spurs no matter what, or is it tied to Pop? Just curious for years down the road in MyGM and what not.
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.

# 93 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Great job. As a guy who doesn't like to call plays every possession, as I don't know the best time/circumstances to call the correct play, I clearly had an issue generating offense in last years game. This should help greatly.
There is a secondary part to it that will really help guys in this situation and frankly I have started using it a lot vs calling a set play when using the spurs. I think it's pretty dope. Hope to show it in a vid soon.

# 94 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Just for clarity is this a default offense based on the coach's gameplan or an offense set/play that you select in the same way you select a play during a game?

Basically how is this offense "style" chosen? Is it determined by who is coaching the team? An offense scheme page? Selected during gameplay?

How can it be changed? Obviously you would to run something different as your team evolves.

But yeah...this is a huge improvement. Looks like the days of redundant, predictable and lazy offball movement are gone. Excellent work and excellent presentation.
As I mentioned for the AI we set this in the roster on the back end but for a user you are free to select any freelance offense available to run for your team.

you can change it in game similar to how you change a POE. It is not a POE but the process is similar.

# 95 23 @ 09/26/14 04:11 PM
I thought I saw a semblance of triangle in the with a pass by D Rose...

Am I trippin?

# 96 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
This is great, not only what was shown but that we can expect more to come from Mr. Simnation President ! Cant wait for more ...

I loved the offball movement, how smooth it looked, the evident improvement over the past freelance motion, how lifelike it looked the Spurs defense vs D_C (the one that caused them to counter attack) almost everything (yes, not all, there are still some issues evidenced).

Then again, this does seems a per team feature, doesnt it ? Is it editable ?

For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.

# 97 ffaacc03 @ 09/26/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.
Am very grateful that it is finally implemented ... and it looks great.

No problem about not been editable this year, hopefully we can do it next year, keep it comming.

# 98 zrtelford @ 09/26/14 04:14 PM
Two thumbs WAY up.

# 99 silverskier @ 09/26/14 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
[/b]

For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.

So re we going to have the swing motion from spurs for other teams? How many plays are in this swing motions? I saw 2 minimum. Great work

# 100 8KB24 @ 09/26/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I know when I usually say things like this people pass it over, but the gameplay team has created a gem this year. The gameplay is the best in series history and it's not even close.

Great video Czar.
Thanks for all the effort.

Just one small question...can we put this motion system to any team we want in MyGm/MyLeague? Like if I want to play with Lakers but actually want this ball movement because our Lakers are so damn (not) good, will I be able to have Kobe and Swaggy P do cuts and exploit dumb defense?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.