Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense.

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Cabish @ 09/26/14 07:11 PM
Aren't your afraid your giving up too much information and get penalized or the other company copy from all the intricate details your giving out czar lol ??

# 162 midwestking100 @ 09/26/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense.

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.
Triangle offense...0:40 mark....

# 163 Eman5805 @ 09/26/14 07:19 PM
Well, well, well.

Impressive. Next thing you'll tell me is you got the ol' elevator door play in too.

# 164 InvisibleAndre @ 09/26/14 07:20 PM
Did I see pull up jumpers from the CPU?

In addition to the rest of the video, of course.

# 165 City_foxx @ 09/26/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
BLIND PIG!!!! Very happy about the improvements. Hope this carry to my career, please let all this work in my career! But very very happy =) =) =)

# 166 El_Poopador @ 09/26/14 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I'm going to say no. But I have seen them do it. But I can't say it was totally deliberate. LOL. I played against the spurs and had a smaller guy on Kawai and they abused me 3 straight times but it's not something were I can point to the code that handles that.

Mismatches are something we know we need to get right and will probably do something specific in future that will cover all these area's. Right now it is more like just general code that kicks in. So it def isn't what you want to see as far as them selecting the exact right freelance action to deal with that mismatch.

This year for me it was all about play stability. I have heard the cries LOL and I don't want to hear them anymore. So a major effort was put into the play system and the freelance is some of the fruit of that.

My hope is that next year it won't need all that work again and we can take some things we introduced even deeper.
Thanks a lot for getting back to me on that. I definitely understand that it's not a simple task. I am loving the transparency you're giving us regarding what you could and couldn't accomplish this year. It gives me a much better feeling going forward. Getting you guys from OS is the best thing 2k could have done.

# 167 City_foxx @ 09/26/14 08:26 PM
One point id likE to make about the czar's comments about the current state of the ai and offense. I trully appriciate his honesty.As a consumer i am much more likely to support yearly purchases of a company if i know the team a. Knows its not perfect how can i have any confidence about them fixing/improving problems if they dont know whats wrong in the 1st place. B if they dont try to over hype and try to convince me every thing is perfect. Nothing worse then getting excited to play a new game only to feel bamboozled after i pop it in.(the 'wait n see' comment from some one still has its scars.) after reading this thread not only am i excited about 2k15 but im also very optimistics about 16 and beyond. The future of NBA video games is in great hands and makeing massive strides in the right direction.

# 168 23 @ 09/26/14 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I thought I saw a semblance of triangle in the with a pass by D Rose...

Am I trippin?
HAHA

Yes I wasn't tripping but I couldn't tell on my phone... it wasn't Rose lol

Looks like the Classic Chicago Bulls team has the Triangle. Now that I recognized for sure because I was just thinking of that exact play talking to Sage about it a few days ago.... How about that

# 169 2_headedmonster @ 09/26/14 08:47 PM
info, transparency and basketball is all we want, and Czar gives it to us every time....

*watches again

# 170 demencia_total @ 09/26/14 08:52 PM
This shows exactly why I stopped playing 2k14 and why I want the next week to go as fast as possible in anticipation! This looks AWESOME.

# 171 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/26/14 09:03 PM
Im a pretty serious association player. Im also a massive Mavs fan. But the last 2 years Ive had to use OKC because I didnt feel like I could replicate the Mavs offense which is dependent on passing and movement.

The game excelled with the OK isos and the pick and roll stuff (I know the Mavs run lots of PNR) but now Ill play with the Mavs.

# 172 bxfinest15 @ 09/26/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
I may never play online again if this is what we can expect from A.I. That was beautiful.
Exactly lol

# 173 Crea8vity @ 09/26/14 09:57 PM
I know I may seem like a total noob for saying this, but what exactly is SimNation?

# 174 Flightwhite24 @ 09/26/14 10:08 PM
No doubt after watching this I have now realized that I have "Soiled" myself and a shower is now in order.

Well played Da_Czar

Please stop showing these videos because if it continues it will "DRIVE" the price of me scoring an early release copy through the roof!!!

# 175 bjthomas121 @ 09/26/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Im a pretty serious association player. Im also a massive Mavs fan. But the last 2 years Ive had to use OKC because I didnt feel like I could replicate the Mavs offense which is dependent on passing and movement.

The game excelled with the OK isos and the pick and roll stuff (I know the Mavs run lots of PNR) but now Ill play with the Mavs.
Well now with parsons in the mix he makes everybody around him better and Nelson. It's stacked. Should be interesting

# 176 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
If your team doesn't have specific freelance offense can you manually change that ? And will coaches bring their offense to a team if they get fired and hired onto a new team ?
Yes, for your team you can pick what you want.

# 177 NINJAK2 @ 09/26/14 10:11 PM
DaCzar and Sage/Rob together again = Classic. Looking great guys..

# 178 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
Does this apply if I switch over to the CPU and back to my team? Will they automatically switch back to their default?
I actually have never tried that if I have time I may try it. I believe it will switch back but it is just a guess.

# 179 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
If your team doesn't have specific freelance offense can you manually change that ? And will coaches bring their offense to a team if they get fired and hired onto a new team ?
We assign it to a coach so my assumption is that where ever that coach is assigned his freelance would follow him.

# 180 Da_Czar @ 09/26/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Czar,

Great motion, cutting and screening with Swing Motion. Can we expect to see improvements in these areas for basic 3-2 and 4-1 sets? Do the AI controlled players initiate scoring opportunities?
Definitely in the 3-2. the 4-1 honestly is our weakest set in freelance plays etc.

The AI can both just move the ball and look to score. In set's where we have excellent coverage like the 3-2 they can score from any player in any position. Or I should say attempt to score. You can still defend them well and the AI would take a bad shot.

So there are still possessions here or there where you put them in a situation where they take a more difficult shot than they should have because they took to long to switch from moving the ball to trying to score.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.