Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

In early September, 2K Sports revealed Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson being in NBA 2K15. At the end of the video, it showed a PlayStation exclusive for The Stage, but didn't give any details.

Today, Chris Smoove has provided a video and the first look at The Stage. The PlayStation.Blog has also posted an article about it.

Quote:
The Park makes its return on the rooftop of a building located in the heart of the city in the form of The Stage. This is a neutral site where the love for your park is set aside for your love of VC. It’s time to put your VC where your mouth is. Step up to one of the courts and Ante-Up the amount of VC displayed. Win and you split the pot with your team. Lose and you’ll be walking off the court with lighter pockets. Squads are supported here as well. The Stage is available exclusively on PS4 for 30 days.

For those of you that enjoy high-stakes gaming, we have the High Rollers area, where your highest limits will forever live exclusively on PS4, with Ante amounts up to 45,000VC for a single game! Time to step up that game!

In all, the 3 choices for MyPARK & The Stage comprise 4 of the 5 Parks you may experience in NBA 2K15. The fifth goes to the Park affiliation that wins the MyPARK Championship. Beginning October 11th and lasting through the weekend preceding the NBA All-Star game, the MyPARK Championship will pit all three affiliations against one another in weekly rounds of competition. Earn points that count toward the MyPARK Championship, where the winning affiliation will receive a newly designed home park!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Pokes404 @ 10/01/14 02:47 PM
Own a PS4, but I hate these kinds of things. Console exclusives are one thing, but when you have a cross platform title, I feel it should be the same on each of those platforms. 2K probably got some coin from Sony for this, so I can't blame them. But still, never been crazy for these "limited exclusivity" arrangements.

At least it's only a month for XOne users.

# 22 lakers24 @ 10/01/14 02:52 PM
It's not that big of a deal. Xone guys will have it as soon as the season starts basically anyway.

# 23 Goffs @ 10/01/14 02:53 PM
Well now...this will test some friendships...lol

# 24 2_headedmonster @ 10/01/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslovemusic
This mode will BRING out the hackers and cheesers real fast. Good riddance.
fixed that for ya...

# 25 wrestlinggod1 @ 10/01/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Not my cup of tea. But man do I want to see some of these games live. The rage that will come from these games will be hilarious. I can only imagine watching someone not pass the whole game.

Oh shoot.........just thought about people working the system and throwing games so their friends can win. I got my popcorn ready

Wouldn't they lose VC in the process? I don't see a benefit in anyone doing this.

# 26 BluFu @ 10/01/14 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Not my cup of tea. But man do I want to see some of these games live. The rage that will come from these games will be hilarious. I can only imagine watching someone not pass the whole game.
that's gotta be a feature for 2K TV

# 27 juslovemusic @ 10/01/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
fixed that for ya...
Yeah, but the cheese will be much less effective this year (assuming lag has been addressed). I'm hopping the banhammer will also be thrown without sympathy on The Stage in terms of hackers.

# 28 ghettog @ 10/01/14 03:06 PM
I pre-ordered for PC. I assume its coming for it as well after a month. Well I guess that gives me a month to build up my player's ratings before I bet VC on a game. I do wonder what the VC cap is for One/PC.

# 29 RocketTMac1 @ 10/01/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Wouldn't they lose VC in the process? I don't see a benefit in anyone doing this.
Did it benefit the black sox? lol But seriously. A I can see people switching on and off doing this to gain more and more FREE VC. 2K done set themselves up. Unless they have a system to stop this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
that's gotta be a feature for 2K TV
Man I would love for it to be.

# 30 Boilerbuzz @ 10/01/14 03:26 PM
I can guarantee one thing:

You will NEVER see me on The Stage.

I don't see people in here without a *team*. No pickups.

# 31 GradyMac @ 10/01/14 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslovemusic
This mode will thin out the hackers and cheesers real fast. Good riddance.
Idk, I think this is where all the cheese will be attracted.

I mean, every money tournament I have heard about was won by a cheesed, right?

If you add real stakes, there could very well be more cheese on the Stage. Hopefully the cheese is minimL in 2k15.

# 32 JMart14 @ 10/01/14 03:45 PM
Squads is like a one night stand when we Crew lovers want long term commitment.

Lame 2K.

I feel cheated.

# 33 JMart14 @ 10/01/14 03:47 PM
wrong topic

# 34 xr2unitx @ 10/01/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Own a PS4, but I hate these kinds of things. Console exclusives are one thing, but when you have a cross platform title, I feel it should be the same on each of those platforms. 2K probably got some coin from Sony for this, so I can't blame them. But still, never been crazy for these "limited exclusivity" arrangements.

At least it's only a month for XOne users.
Yeah I agree. Reminds me of the Xbox One exclusives on FIFA.

# 35 jaateloauto @ 10/01/14 04:05 PM
I own a PS4, but console exclusivity pieces suck for everyone.

# 36 Bliitz @ 10/01/14 04:24 PM
Look at the ratings on this post, shows how much 2K pissed people off with this exclusive crap.

# 37 StayPlation82 @ 10/01/14 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliitz
Look at the ratings on this post, shows how much 2K pissed people off with this exclusive crap.
it's only 2 people man, it ain't that serious.

# 38 Bliitz @ 10/01/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
it's only 2 people man, it ain't that serious.
Well I'm annoyed as a consumer .

# 39 knick9 @ 10/01/14 04:43 PM
Separate gambling mode... Glad they figured out a way to use VC that will bring them a lot of $$$ without ruining the rest of the game.

# 40 Equinox831 @ 10/01/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliitz
Well I'm annoyed as a consumer .
It's only a month, you know that right? It ain't that serious.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.