Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, bringing it up to version 1.03. Check out the details below.

The team will be releasing the following content update later this month.

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 kehlis @ 10/12/14 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Question - Multiple people are saying gameplay is worse since the patch. If I buy the game and simply avoid the patch will I be okay or do I need the patch for other reasons?
Well the problem is that since you haven't bought the game yet you don't have the release day patch (assuming there was one, usually is). At this point you wouldn't be able to download any patch and I'm not sure anyone can vouch for the game without it.

***Again though, this is assuming there was a release day patch.

# 222 tessl @ 10/12/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well the problem is that since you haven't bought the game yet you don't have the release day patch (assuming there was one, usually is). At this point you wouldn't be able to download any patch and I'm not sure anyone can vouch for the game without it.

***Again though, this is assuming there was a release day patch.
That's a valid point. I see multiple people saying the patch ruined gameplay. If that's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, it seems like an option would be to delete the file off your ps4 and reinstall the game offline.

Best case solution would be for the devs to release another patch but the devs on this game seem overwhelmed so I wouldn't look for another patch anytime soon if at all.

# 223 tyler289 @ 10/12/14 08:47 PM
Geez, this development team has really failed at every step of the way. Pretty embarrassing. I'm scared to play this game after the patch with all these impressions.

# 224 Vikes1 @ 10/12/14 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Geez, this development team has really failed at every step of the way. Pretty embarrassing. I'm scared to play this game after the patch with all these impressions.
Right now imo, it's NHL 'hitz', with terrible ai.

# 225 Big Shmooz @ 10/12/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I tested it in two best of 7 series on the V100 and it didnt really matter other than its not the hit fest it is with the latest tuner but in conclusion its the patch that has changed the game from when it was released and both tuners use all the tricks from past NHL games as now it just comes off scripted as all the goals and penalties are just generated .
I play with hybrid controls so I dont think I have a option to switch strategies
Delete the game including the patch. Make sure your auto updates are turned off. Reinstall.

# 226 Big Shmooz @ 10/12/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
What are tuners? Sliders?

A tuner is an internal information file the game reads which kind of acts like sliders would. The difference is these "sliders" are unavailable to the player to adjust on their own. (unless you hack the tuner file without corrupting it)

# 227 speels @ 10/13/14 12:52 PM
Does everybody play using "left stick hitting"? I changed that setting in the Controls section. I always play with yes and seem to get between 15-20 hits per team per game, so I thought I would change to No and I had 48 hits in the first game I played. It seemed like all I had to do was aim the right stick towards a player I was close to and I would send him tumbling.

Let me know because I don't seem to have this hitting problem everyone else claims is in the game.

# 228 Vikes1 @ 10/13/14 04:49 PM
Myself, i just wish they would have fixed the nonexistent defensive ai...and left the rest of it alone.

I mean, what happened to the cpu actually missing passes and the net once in awhile? Organic feel to the game is now imo, gone. I check everyday, hoping to see if a V 1.04 has come. In hopes we can get the gameplay back on track.

# 229 sweetjones @ 10/13/14 04:55 PM
All,

Is there any possible way to uninstall this patch but keep the tuner set?

# 230 ParisB @ 10/13/14 09:52 PM
Since the patch made the CPU more robo, I started getting better results with Pro and CPU Difficulty at 3, instead of All-Star and CPU Difficulty at 0 like before.

Try it out. The game has felt a little more organic for me now. The HitZ is still an issue, but at least the robo CPU is toned down.

# 231 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/13/14 10:41 PM
Not for nothing but I had some good scripted games when I made their goalie weaker and mine tougher but all 3 games were 3-2 and all had pretty much the same scenario I go down 2-0 early then get PP and score and it stays 2-1 till I score late in the 3rd .
But in the 4th game Im in the 6th period ot 2-2 kinda fun but it more just waiting for a AI generated opportunity and I understand what they tried to do but it just comes off horribly after the patch .

Oh did anyone notice the free content Avs trainer for realism with crossed arms has a Flames shirt and logo on . .

# 232 Vikes1 @ 10/13/14 11:27 PM
Watching replays tonight after falling behind 3-0 after 10 cpu SOG, and sure as heck, same thing each goal. The ping pong passing began....and both of my ai defense men skated off to no where. To allow for the now pretty famous cpu one-timer tap in. Good to know that my brain dead defense men at least know the script anyway.

# 233 spidertour02 @ 10/14/14 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Since the patch made the CPU more robo, I started getting better results with Pro and CPU Difficulty at 3, instead of All-Star and CPU Difficulty at 0 like before.

Try it out. The game has felt a little more organic for me now. The HitZ is still an issue, but at least the robo CPU is toned down.
This is the setting I've used from the beginning (or at least, since the end of September when I got the game), which is probably why I have almost none of the issues most people seem to have with the game. Most of my games have scores in the 2-3 goal range, with some shutouts and blowout peppered in. Needless to say, I heartily endorse this post.

# 234 ParisB @ 10/14/14 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
This is the setting I've used from the beginning (or at least, since the end of September when I got the game), which is probably why I have almost none of the issues most people seem to have with the game. Most of my games have scores in the 2-3 goal range, with some shutouts and blowout peppered in. Needless to say, I heartily endorse this post.
Hopefully people catch on. Maybe start a new thread?

I wonder if the people struggling now on Superstar, might be better off going to all-star and scaling up the Difficulty slider instead of trying to neuter the CPU on Superstar

# 235 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/14/14 02:28 AM
Well that game ended in almost 7 periods as I lost 3-2 on a curly neal bouncing puck behind the net but the next game I won 4-3 on a back and fourth game and fought through all the weird stuff for a pretty good game as I like the in your face stuff as its kind of a learning curve but the organic anything can happen feel and physics are long gone from this game .

I lowered cpu strategies to lessen boost mode and I made my goalie tougher and theirs weaker but for now I will try and enjoy the game how it was programmed till theres another update so I will go with thge flow as it has a pretty intense Playoff feel while lessening the tilted ice as there goalie is no longer a brick wall .

I still dont know if this update was for online, offline or both as the stats are really good/even for the most part even the TOA but its the HOW things happen is kinda rough to swallow at times but I guess its gotta be that way for randomness like other sports game use but not as polished as I never saw a game complete change gameplay in a update ?

Even when I dropped down to pro level its still had a generated feel and whats worse theres not many penalties on pro and it wrecked the one good thing from the patch CPU defensive positioning but this was tested in playoff mode but who knows with this game anymore and it is what I used to do to remove the boost from previous nhl games .

# 236 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/14/14 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Watching replays tonight after falling behind 3-0 after 10 cpu SOG, and sure as heck, same thing each goal. The ping pong passing began....and both of my ai defense men skated off to no where. To allow for the now pretty famous cpu one-timer tap in. Good to know that my brain dead defense men at least know the script anyway.
Hope this helps as I have the same issues and it wont bring the game back to what it was organic/physic wise on allstar level but since I changed my Goalie reaction to 5 and cpu to 3 and my goalie screen 2 and cpu at 3 I had more varied games as the tilted Ice isnt as crazy as you will have some leads and opportunities .
But I also lowered their strategies to 1 to lessen when crazy boost mode starts so its more manageable but of course depending on your skill adjust those key sliders I mentioned to your needs but you can never figure in the tilted ice factor .

Update Just won 4-1 and lost 3-0 but I felt I had some control

# 237 Millennium @ 10/14/14 09:10 AM
I know I'm in the minority, I'm just not seeing the issues you guys are.

I play Superstar, hardcore, 10 minute periods. I normally sit back in a 1-4, and if I'm one on one with a CPU forward, I just stay hip to hip with him into the zone and force him into the corner where I can control him. Normally my offside defenseman covers the slot center adequately, and the forwards pick up their zones ad the come in.

I also play me defensive strategy as Collapsing and Play The Puck Aggressively. I use the Caps mostly offline. I'm sorry that you guys are seeing it, I'm just not in that boat and loving the game on ice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 238 GingaNinjaUNC @ 10/14/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

I play Superstar, hardcore, 10 minute periods. I normally sit back in a 1-4, and if I'm one on one with a CPU forward, I just stay hip to hip with him into the zone and force him into the corner where I can control him. Normally my offside defenseman covers the slot center adequately, and the forwards pick up their zones ad the come in.

I also play me defensive strategy as Collapsing and Play The Puck Aggressively. I use the Caps mostly offline. I'm sorry that you guys are seeing it, I'm just not in that boat and loving the game on ice.

I have to put my hat in the ring as well and agree with this. Just picked the game up Sunday after trying to wait it out after being scared by everyone's reactions for a month. Have to say, I wasted a month of not having a solid hockey game. I am really enjoying the gameplay so far, and for the most part I think it does a pretty good job reflecting the real game with the right slider tweaks. I've been playing All-Star 10min periods and getting good stats...the shots are actually a little low so I have a little work to do with that.

I play a realistic style of hockey, cycle the puck, play on the boards, and so far I've not had any moments where I question the game too much. Yeah, there are bad bounces and weak plays but that's real life, folks. If I had a dime for every time the Canes left a forward wide open for a cross-crease goal last season, I'd be a rich man. That being said, I find that if I'm not wildly changing players on D and moving them all out of position, they do a good job of clogging up the lanes most games, while only occasionally getting beat like you would expect. So far I've started my BeaGM the same way the real life Canes have, 0-2, so it's nothing if not realistic lol.

So that's my two cents, really enjoying it so far and I think that some of the people here expect the game to play unrealistically perfect, when even real NHLers aren't always in perfect position or flawless in their play.

# 239 tessl @ 10/14/14 01:51 PM
Quote:

This is good news from a trusted source. Are you using default sliders?

# 240 Splitter77 @ 10/14/14 07:48 PM
Quote:

same here.
superstar level.
not seeing the cpu cheat either.
i lowered acceleration and all pass speeds to 0 though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.