Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15, bringing it up to version 1.03. Check out the details below.

The team will be releasing the following content update later this month.

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

Lost 5-2 and out shot them 34 to 11 TOA me 10 to them 3
Dude, ouch.

# 102 reth316 @ 10/04/14 06:07 AM
Played a few games now since patch. Have to say I'm so disappointed in this game overall. After last tuner update things were ok but now goalies have gone to being pathetic again, cpu hits are a joke and don't get me started on the passing. I honestly don't think the guys at ea check gameplay before releasing these patches. If they do then they don't understand hockey.

# 103 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 06:27 AM
If this game is frustrating you all, have a read through this twitter page. It will cheer you up.

https://twitter.com/SidneyCrosbyEgo

# 104 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Dude, ouch.

It was 2-1 till a minute left and I had a TOA advantage of 10 minutes to 3 minutes but once again on allstar default in playoff mode they can score at will and alls I can do watch as they use morphing dekes and speed boosts ect and I cant even trip them or take a penalty unless theres enough time left .

I could care less win or lose but its the how this stuff unfolds after the update which is rough but at least I know its playing like NHL 12 13 or 14 so I can make slider adjustments but thats not the point as they made gameplay scripted and took out amazing puck and player physics and turned it into nhl hitz what a waste .

# 105 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
Played a few games now since patch. Have to say I'm so disappointed in this game overall. After last tuner update things were ok but now goalies have gone to being pathetic again, cpu hits are a joke and don't get me started on the passing. I honestly don't think the guys at ea check gameplay before releasing these patches. If they do then they don't understand hockey.
Yeah its disappointing and you can turn down hits but then it screws up the aggressive defense they added to the update where the cpu is always checking and then you have bumper car hockey and then you gotta adjust another slider ect .

Well I have to find my sliders from a year ago to lose this big hit momentum stuff as the catalyst as it causing all this crazy randomness.

# 106 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 06:48 AM
Quote:
It was 2-1 till a minute left and I had a TOA advantage of 10 minutes to 3 minutes but once again on allstar default in playoff mode they can score at will and alls I can do watch as they use morphing dekes and speed boosts ect and I cant even trip them or take a penalty unless theres enough time left .

I could care less win or lose but its the how this stuff unfolds after the update which is rough but at least I know its playing like NHL 12 13 or 14 so I can make slider adjustments but thats not the point as they made gameplay scripted and took out amazing puck and player physics and turned it into nhl hitz what a waste .
You were pretty positive about this game a week ago.

This tuner has angered a lot of people

# 107 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 07:20 AM
Quote:
You were pretty positive about this game a week ago.

This tuner has angered a lot of people
Hey I call it like I see it as I have no horse in this race but it was the patch update they did not a tuner and the best thing for me is I can see all difference afterwords .
As I was always on default and the game other then better cpu defense and positioning plays just like the old EA NHL games that over used intimidation/big hits/fighting as the catalyst to tilt the ice aka momentum factor .

I can still make the game play fine by gimping it but I dont wanna play NHL 13 anymore as all that wonderful real puck and player physics are gone and they literally brought back all the cheats the AI used to use like cpu speed boost even when you have fresh guys , huge hits , bouncing pucks ,corner pass to slot goal , lack of hu defensive control where cpu goes into turbo mode and you cant skate or turn, weird angle puck movement and I also might have seen some frame rate clipping they use to use for cheap goals when needed .

But as I said before they do most updates gameplay wise for online play first and foremost regardless of how it effects offline .

Cant wait to see what comes next as its some pretty wild stuff going .

# 108 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 09:59 AM
Ok played another 3 games and I lowered game speed 1 click and penalties went from 5 to 7 a game down to 1 or 2 a game so game speed is obviously a penalty tie in , when you think it would just be a visual ?.

Now I actually had 3 great games though I lost all three 3-1 , 3-0 , 4-1 but lots of late boost goals and eng but once again when the cpu wanted to score turbo morphin kicked but Im learning to try and keep off the puck man as the cpu will go after hu controlled player .

Also alot of the cpu player catching up to speeding pucks coming towards me and going away from him ?

The last few minutes of every game Im getting my but beat like a rented mule because ofcpu AI turbo mode , so what to do without losing the great cpu checking

Gotta say as frustrating as it is I love how the cpu is on me like white on rice but the generated goals feel very cheap so rather than lower the cpu goal skill Im gonna try Pro level on a higher speed to see if penalties are possible .

Update : Ok I stayed on allstar and replayed La at Chi me that I just played and lost 4-1 with all types of boost exactly the same but I raise game speed 1 click and lowered their goalie skill 1 click and right out the gate sharp now breaks down the wing shoots gets a rebound and scores and the crazy checking defense I played the last 9 games is gone ???

Because I raised game speed 1 click and lowered cpu goalie skill 1 click ? so why would this create a olay defense now ? these sliders make no sense unless I messed up the the tilt that set at the start of the game as it was a freebie goal and now it balanced back to aggressive check mode .

# 109 phillyfan23 @ 10/04/14 10:09 AM
if you delete the patch you can have the game as before right?

it seems llike most hate the new patch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 110 Splitter77 @ 10/04/14 10:21 AM
play on superstar.
no acceleration.
agression at 0
game speed at 2
cpu difficulty at 0

make sure you lower goalie reaction to 1
screen effect to 5 or max

seems perfect at these settings for me.
no cpu speed boosts

# 111 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
play on superstar.
no acceleration.
agression at 0
game speed at 2
cpu difficulty at 0

make sure you lower goalie reaction to 1
screen effect to 5 or max

seems perfect at these settings for me.
no cpu speed boosts
Yep, this is what I do to minimise. I can get good games. And I have game speed at, pass speed maxed (This pass speed slider is useless)

Although I must suck as Ive got my goalie at 5 and the CPU at 2.

# 112 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 10:59 AM
THis CPU hitting is out of control. Id have less of a problem is it wasnt cheese.

But I can barely touch them. They can knock my guys down with no regard for momentum.

# 113 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Yep, this is what I do to minimise. I can get good games. And I have game speed at, pass speed maxed (This pass speed slider is useless)

Although I must suck as Ive got my goalie at 5 and the CPU at 2.
Actually your probably on to something as I was up 1-0 me hawks vs LA and 5 minutes into the third after a few big hits I now cant make a 5 ft pass or i try to ice a puck and that suction crap starts up when a cpu player isnt even on me yet .

I hope at 5 goalie skill for hu and 2 for cpu goalie theres still a variance of games and to the poster sure you can uninstall everything but you will get no futher updates , rosters , free content and it might even try to auto install so say no .

# 114 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
THis CPU hitting is out of control. Id have less of a problem is it wasnt cheese.

But I can barely touch them. They can knock my guys down with no regard for momentum.
Hi Kidd You understand that hitting is now what charges the game after the patch right ? we talked about tilted ice before ?

# 115 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/04/14 11:13 AM
Quote:
Hi Kidd You understand that hitting is now what charges the game after the patch right ? we talked about tilted ice before ?
Yep you're right. And I've lost count of how many times my guy is right near a loose, bobbling puck only for a CPU guy to come in and take it.

BTW, Ive had to restart this game against Edmonton 3 times because each game they;ve scored 3 goals before halfway through the 1st period. This is unreal.

# 116 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Yep you're right. And I've lost count of how many times my guy is right near a loose, bobbling puck only for a CPU guy to come in and take it.

BTW, Ive had to restart this game against Edmonton 3 times because each game they;ve scored 3 goals before halfway through the 1st period. This is unreal.
Yep all programming so right off the bat you have to hit/fight to tilt the ice back to you and though I love that hockey its not realistic at all in 2014 .

Your also not getting solid hits because your intimidated so you have to start a fight/hit but normally the cpu wont fight if they have the advantage and visa versa if you have the advantage and they cant hit it back they will try and start a fight .

So if I hit Kane and cream him why are all other line mates or players effected or intimidated ( cant skate , pass , control puck ect )? makes no sense other than maybe Kane off his game for a bit or injured but not a mass intimidation unless your talking some broad street bullies circa 74 " intimidation .

Even when I balance it I still dont wanna play a game I have little true interaction with and nothing but generated goals I did little to influence but the worst thing is real puck and player physics are gone that we had in NHL 15 .

Oh Im on manual shoot and the puck just goes where ever it wants most of the time weird animations just like when you cant skate ( tons of clippy animations now) and once again its because everything is tilted , gimped ect and all through intimidation so play hit hit hit hockey just hit man where cement head Semenko when you need him .

# 117 MizzouRah @ 10/04/14 11:38 AM
Make sure you turn OFF auto back skate.. helps with defense and I was seeing a back skate when I had the puck trying to rush into the CPU zone - I would lose the puck every time.

Was out shot 43-18 vs the Kings.. they dumped and chased the crap out of the puck and were relentless.

Hitting seems a little bit better with the settings I'm using now.

The biggest change in the game this year is the skating, momentum really plays a huge part and I cannot just run at someone and take them out of the play like I used to in previous versions.

# 118 jake19ny @ 10/04/14 11:48 AM
This has been an issue for years. The online gamers cry fowl because guys exploit aspects of the game so EA patches the game to cater to the online gamer thus destroying offline play. In addition to making the game arcadey, every player now basically seems to have the same skill set, I can skate end to end and deke with Tanner Glass as easily as I can with Rick Nash. 4th liners are scoring way to much. EA has historically gotten this wrong and the ratings are as broken as the sliders. The patches just magnify it so that online gamers can have equal skilled players on the ice. Thanks to no player edit we can't get the awesome revamped rosters that went a long way in fixing this.

# 119 TheBigTicket205 @ 10/04/14 11:50 AM
I don't think I've received the download for the patch, but based on the reviews I don't think I want it lol! I do want the new gear and crowd models tho can someone help?

# 120 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/04/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
I don't think I've received the download for the patch, but based on the reviews I don't think I want it lol! I do want the new gear and crowd models tho can someone help?
All or nothing man
This game after the update is nothing more then NHL 12 and if online is so precious at least have separate tuners for on and off but this mess is a update not a tuner .

I really dont even think ratings matter much in this game as I seen cpu 4th liners play like superstars when boost mode is going .

Im really amazed this game that I played easily 200 times on near Allstar Default with real puck and player physics is nothing like the NHL 15 game I bought a month ago ? I mean totally different and all AI generated nothing organic or real pretty much just gimp hockey from NHL 12 .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.